Author Topic: Sebastian.....  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
Re: Sebastian.....
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 17:36:23 PM »
I wasn't given one of them! >:( Are the tags big? I just used one of the barrels and crammed as much info on the paper inside as I could!

Its about the  size of  dog tag which is a  little big for a cat lol but I'm sure it'll be fine once I get a collar for him.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 12:19:13 PM »
....plus a diabetic tag too to put on a collar so I'll be getting a breakaway clasp collar to put the tag on.

I wasn't given one of them! >:( Are the tags big? I just used one of the barrels and crammed as much info on the paper inside as I could!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 08:21:19 AM »

Oh and please get rid of the elasticated collar. They are dangerous and others on here will tell you of the horrific injuries they can cause.

I've already binned it. I don't like them sort of collars. They used to wear them but once Sebastan came in with his leg through the collar I took them off all the cats. The vet did give me a tag saying that he'd been chipped plus a diabetic tag too to put on a collar so I'll be getting a breakaway clasp collar tp put the tag on.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 17:35:56 PM »
[quote author=Catz link=topic=5763.msg88309#msg88309 date=1184058071

The collar was a type of flea collar you get from a pet shop with a little bit of elastic. He hasn't been chipped yet.
[/quote]

Oh and please get rid of the elasticated collar. They are dangerous and others on here will tell you of the horrific injuries they can cause.

www.kittycollars.co.uk sell some really nice safety collars with a breakaway clasp  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 16:45:04 PM »
Tough nutties  :rofl:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 16:10:07 PM »
Glad he is now chipped.

Right what i would do -
If he comes back with another collar on attach your phone number to it and see what happens.

It could be that he has been "faking" being an un-owned cat !!

I had this last week with a ginger cat that turned up at mine, he wouldnt go away and always seemed hungry. I listed him as found at all the local vets. I got him neutered (as he wasnt done) and then he went missing.
He returned a couple of weeks later with a collar on so i put my phone number on it.

A couple of days later i got a phone call from his owner  :wow:
We had a long chat and i said what i had done, the owner wasnt impressed that i had had him neutered but thats tough tittys !!
The cat still pops round every now and then - although i havent seen him for a while now

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 15:43:34 PM »
Thats good he is now chipped, you never know if a situation is going to blow up or not.
Next move collar with note & number, you could say he has diabetes and needs his food monitored etc  ;)

:luck:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »
Wow I would be a bit annoyed if someone did that - I know that they probably mean well but it is strange to assume that he is a stray esp when he would look well cared for, well fed etc when these people found him!

I second the paper collar idea, otherwise they might just think that the poor stray cat lost the lovely red collar they gave him...  ;)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 07:35:36 AM »
He has now been chipped. He  was done yesterday.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 15:51:45 PM »
By chipping him he becomes yours legally so deffo do that asap incase of dispute.
Paper collar/safety collar with note on saying phone me, good luck with it, i hope its not a awkward person.

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
yep he's been neutered

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:15 AM »
Get him chipped asap (is he neutered yet ? )

If the others are medicating him ie flea treatments etc then you really need to nip this in the bud to prevent double dosing.

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:01:11 AM »
I've had him since he was a kitten but a few months ago he went missing for 3 weeks.He came back looking well fed and he'd grown so much. I used to have collars on my cats but they used to lose them and once Sebastian came in with his front leg through his collar so I stopped using them.My other cats will run from strangers (even my dad) but he won't.

The collar was a type of flea collar you get from a pet shop with a little bit of elastic. He hasn't been chipped yet.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:57:54 AM »
Right you need to attach a "paper collar" asking them to ring your number. Or try to follow him to see if his second home is close by.

Its either make him 100% indoor cat or try to find out where he's going and explain to the other people he is your cat. Have you got him microchipped, it would be a very good idea to do so if he hasnt been done.

Was the collar a safety collar ??  

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:46:17 AM »
Sorry, I missed the history of this cat. Is it one you've befriended, or has he always been yours?  :innocent: (They aren't beyond telling a sob story to a sweet old dear for the chance of mugging her of her breakfast kippers, you know...  :evillaugh: )

I do know and understand what you mean about collars, but some folks assume a cat without a collar is stray....  :shy:

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
Sebastian.....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:36:42 AM »
.....He keeps disappearing every few days and I now have proof he has a second home. He came home last night with  a red collar on. I took it off as I don't like collars on cats. I've let him out this morning but should I keep him in or continue letting him out to go to the other home?

Link to CatChat