Author Topic: 800 cats saved by internet surfers in China  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 800 cats saved by internet surfers in China
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 15:55:16 PM »
Nick, you could host a website for someone, lots of small rescues dont have the time to get online, or dont own a puta...

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 21:13:54 PM »
its a pity a certain celeb  ;D doesn't put his money where his mouth is and give the charity a £million its only small change afterall

actually I'm a fine one to talk. I haven't done anything myself this year. maybe I'll look around locally see what I can do locally .
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 21:25:41 PM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 18:53:30 PM »
The animal asia lady was in my local paper with a big banner with signatures on it for bile bears. She used to live in Clacton i think.

It looks like the Bears are the main thing they work for.

My mum & dad lived in Holland-on-sea for years  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 18:45:23 PM »
There are so many needy groups needing our financial support its hard to choose where to donate now.

That is such a difficult one and I know they say Charity begins at home - but this has touched me more than anything else, ever. I wish I could do more. I know exactly what you mean about famous people who are in a position to bring the spotlight on things like this - but don't  :( - Paul McCartney has said he will never perform in China, I wish other entertainers would take a stance.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 18:51:59 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 18:38:24 PM »
The animal asia lady was in my local paper with a big banner with signatures on it for bile bears. She used to live in Clacton i think.

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 18:24:16 PM »
it may be a little better now as a huge number of Chinese are now on the net and perhaps some of the stolen cats might get back to their owners. I would love to be involved in something like that. Heart breaking but very rewarding to see an owner reunited with their cats  :)

well done Mark I am now going to boycott all goods from China too.  There are so many needy groups needing our financial support its hard to choose where to donate now.
I wish some of the rich people of the world would give more. They will never need for anything . I don't know how they live with themselves when they count there money and watch the news every day.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 18:32:03 PM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 18:20:25 PM »
I know there isn't a lot we can do but I just do what I can. I have boycotted Chinese goods (a drop in the ocean I know) - also have set up a standing order to http://www.animalsasia.org/ who are working hard to stop this happening. I wish more people would do this. Also it would be great if the world media exposed whats happening - I really can't believe that a country that is allowing this kind of thing is allowed to host the olympics which is a symbol of the civilised world. I really don't enjoy looking at stuff like this, but it won't go away - I am stuck with it -  in fact, I can't watch any more videos or see any more pictures as I am finding them too disturbing - but I think people need to know about stuff like this - its all very well burying our heads in the sand but that won't stop it happening.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 18:21:34 PM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 18:17:47 PM »
may they rot in hell for what they do
I reckon they should be put to trial infront of purrs members..... :evillaugh:

The rescues in China certainly have it tough, what do you do with 800 cats?!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 18:10:36 PM »
you sure read some awful stuff Mark. :-: I can't bear to read this because I know I am completly helpless to do anything effective. Sometimes I wish I was part of the animal rights group because whilst people talk about doing something wildlife  and pets are still going through this miserable abuse and suffering for a few pennies profit.
I wish I could press a button that would exterminate these people .
The only way we in the West could effectively bring pressure to bear on the Chinese Government is for us to boycott all Chinese manufactured goods . It would cost us a lot more to buy stuff but I for one would pay double if I thought it would reduce this suffering.
may they rot in hell for what they do.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 18:01:33 PM »
That what I think but these news items hightlight the issue. I think countries that are allowing this kind of thing need to be taken to task over them. It looks like the animal rights people in China are working hard - especially bearing in mind that its no so easy to take a stand in some countries is it is here. I try not to think of the poor animals that are going to suffer in the meantime but just hope for and end to it.

I think people need to imagine it being their own cats and it brings home just how dreadful it is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 18:02:46 PM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 17:30:55 PM »
Poor butter, the worse thing is that it will take no time at all to find another 800  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton

Link to CatChat