Author Topic: Bed hogging!  (Read 1792 times)

ccmacey

Re: Bed hogging!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 12:35:38 PM »
I have a little teddybear that comes to bed every night and sleeps in the crook of my arm, this is fine if no one else is in the bed. Usually theres my OH,  my 2yo son, Macey and Harry and me hangging off the side with bump  :tired:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 11:53:51 AM »
Mine dont come to bed at night as Im a terrible sleeper and twitch and kick so they've given up. They do however take over the bed during the day and if Im feeling really rotten and need a daytime snooze I get filthy looks and Mogs refuses to move from the centre of the bed. Amber on the other hand moves and then gets under the duvet for a cuddle which normally annoys Mogs even more  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 11:21:57 AM »
Yep I've got bed hoggers too,

But as soon as my OH gets onto the bed they jump down, Nina making sure her indignation is known by giving him the filthiest look and chuntering under her breath on her way out.   :evillaugh:

When it is just me and the babes they pin me in on both sides and god help me if i try to move i get shouted at until i settle back down and peace is resumed  :Luv:

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 10:10:12 AM »
Imogen doesn't mind me, but she objects to my OH being allowed to get into 'her' bed. You can tell she's displeased because she actually looks cross  >:(, then she'll go and sit on my chair for a while [making a point not to look comfortable], then she does a big elaborate sigh before jumping down to be let out of the room.

Then I have to carry her downstairs because Humphrey and Basil lay on the landing at night and she doesn't like to walk around them...I put her down right at her downstairs bed and, if she's not in too bad a mood, she just ignores me and goes to bed - if she's in a moderately bad mood, she'll 'humph' at me and if she's really not very happy smiley, I'll get a backwards hiss.

Funnily enough, I always feel like I should back out of the room whilst bowing...   

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »
I don't have any trouble getting mine off the bed at night as they always have a bedtime treat.  so even if they're sleeping on the bed they'll be in the kitchen waiting for treats when they see me getting ready for bed.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 09:55:38 AM »
I'm always the first to bed (as I'm the first one up in the mornings) so my OH is always complaining he has to sleep on the edge of the bed since the cats and I take up the rest of it.

Smoke you can't move or she'll run off but Lirael becomes a puddle and he knows this so you can move her but he always feels so very guilty ;)

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 09:53:38 AM »
I've had to doss on the floor before now because Laura is on one side, Bilbo and Bagginspants on the other, and they all look too comfortable to disturb  :shy:
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 08:29:10 AM »
Why does it happen to me every night!

OH goes upstairs to 'read a book'. I retire half an hour later to find OH spark out, Tilly on one side and Jumpster on the other. One would have to be a freak of nature to fit your bits around that.

So... unless I evict peacefully sleeping and rather 'senior' cats, (which I can't do because that would make me an evil c-o-w), I'm reduced to the arm chair again!

Unless I evict OH, that is....  :sneaky: :evillaugh:

Often happens to me and I have to go try to go to sleep playing twister  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 07:36:28 AM »
Poor you Pinkbear!

If I was you, I'd make OH sleep in an armchair!! Luckily, I dont have this problem as my OH won't let Menue in the bedroom when we go to bed, but she sleeps allday in there normally curled up so close to me that I end up squashing her when I move over! Poor cat must be traumatised!!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 07:25:47 AM »
I've found a good way of making sure Jaffa sticks to his side of the bed - I put a hot water bottle and/or heat pad on his side (by the radiator - when that's on he becomes a radiator magnet).  He's a heat seeking missile so heads straight for the warm spots and leaves me my side of the bed free  ;D

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Bed hogging!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 01:36:57 AM »
Why does it happen to me every night!

OH goes upstairs to 'read a book'. I retire half an hour later to find OH spark out, Tilly on one side and Jumpster on the other. One would have to be a freak of nature to fit your bits around that.

So... unless I evict peacefully sleeping and rather 'senior' cats, (which I can't do because that would make me an evil c-o-w), I'm reduced to the arm chair again!

Unless I evict OH, that is....  :sneaky: :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat