Author Topic: Not a good day  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Not a good day
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 20:49:20 PM »
No probs with the steering at all and this only has happened after all the rain and I feel...............HOPE.................that somehing just needs lubricating.

Cant afford that much so gonna have to keep fingers crossed.

Yes Sue I remember the incident at the beach too,,,,,,,,,stiill shivering  :rofl: :rofl:............I dont think its bad enough to call out RAC but good idea for something else LOL. Its the flaming leak thats causing real probs cos the car pocket was soaking again today and forgot to take out the kitchen roll that I stuff in there to try and mop up the water. Went into art class and the sun...........yes you know that yellow thing in the sky........came out for a couple of mins and when I came back to the car it was totally steamed up inside and had to open everything to clear it and let out the heat grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for help clare and do hope its not what you have said.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 10:18:30 AM »
Hiya Gill, not sure of the costs on a Mondy, I've had a quote for my Ka to replace the power steering pump and its not as bad as you would think, on mine its £80 for the actual pump, then about 1.5 hours labour ish to fit so prob about £250 total, it may be more on a bigger car, but not sure.  If its the rack that is a bigger job.  From Ford a rack for mine is about £400, and labour, well no idea really.  You can look online and buy a reconditioned rack for much much less.

I could be completely wrong, but it just sounds a tad familiar with mine which makes a horrible whining and groaning noise whenever I go round a tight left bend at speed  :doh:  Does it feel like you're losing the power steering at all when it makes the noise?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 07:50:47 AM »
Oh Gill.  Hope you manage to get things sorted out, insurance and redcurrant-wise.  It's a bit of a bleak summer so far.  Grrrrrr!  Are you in the AA/RAC/Green Flag?  If so you could always see if they would come round and have a look - or alternatively, go out in the car somewhere not too far from home, and give them a ring - say you're concerned about the noise and worried about driving the car further.  (Although I remember the incident when you locked yourself out at the beach, so I'd recommend making sure you have a flask of tea with you, some biccies and a good book for the long wait)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 22:36:52 PM »
yes it does have power steering and yes there is a grating too, is this an expensive problem and why would it happen after the rain?

The red currant is also a ford, an automatic one, dont know if that makes a difference!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 21:03:55 PM »
At least the rest of the week has to get better  :)

Does the redcurrant have power steering? The groaning on the steering on full lock might well be the power steering pump or the steering rack if there is a grating noise as well?  Its a problem I'm currently having on my Ford Ka and those are the likely culprits  :doh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 20:54:17 PM »
Oh yes of course its Monday.......never did like mondays  ;D

There is only one thing I hate more and that is fri 13th and there is one next week grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:( >:(

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
! MOndays
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 20:47:59 PM »
Oh Gill! Mondays eh?! >:(

Hope Tuesday is better for you!

The rain makes everything so much worse as well...

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 20:38:27 PM »
Thank you  ;D

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 20:35:42 PM »
Poor you :( What a frustrating day!  You have all my sympathies  :hug:  Sounds like things came three at once today!  Hope tomorrow is better for you :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Not a good day
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 19:26:50 PM »
Apart from the normal rain and cold the day started off badly cos went into kitchen and there was Misa proudly lying by what I thought was his kill  :'( :'(

The mousie was lying on its side and looked dead but it wasnt it was still breathing, the end of its tail was chewed ant its left eye looked like it was hurt, or maybe underneath. I put it in a box and gave it a bed to lie on but just didnt know what to do. I didnt think it was gonna survive but I couldnt kill it or put it out in the rain.................RIP Mousie, it died a few hours later and its buried in the garden.

I still feel upset about poor mousie  :'( :'( :'(

Then I looked at the post and Misa nad Sasas  M&S insurance renewels were in, it has took me a long time to find the right papers for the 4 cats but eventually found the letter that said that all cats had NIL excess and the direct number to the team leader but dont have the strength to take on M&S again today.........took 5 months last year to get the policies right.

Like everyone elses, each policy has gone up nearly 50% and these are the cheaper 2 of the 4 but it the wording under endorsements that is completely crazy, cos it gives them basically the option to decide whther you ahve an excess or not. I think this time I am going to talk with them once and then write to the insurance omnsbudmen cos the covering letter has a load of garbage about,........ to make the excess bit easier they have changed it all............................all they have done is made it more confusing for those with NIL excess as I have on all 4 policies. The wording is totally confusing and this should not be the case. Anyone reading it cannot tell whether there is an excess or not.

Then I took the car to the garage cos I think the rain is making it rust so much underneath that its creaking and groaning when on full righthand lock, also the water is coming in through the left front door badly. However trying to get a proper garage that will just sort the problems out seems to be imposssible, they will only do stuff that is quick and not interested in sorting out the leak which is making everything inside damp and its not even wet winter yet but will reluctantly look for whats causing the grating problem.

Let me out of this place to somewhere you dont have to go to 3 places to get one job done and the weather is better grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Link to CatChat