Author Topic: cat furnature  (Read 2542 times)

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
Re: cat furnature
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 21:25:58 PM »
It would be lovely to have a piece of cat furniture that matched our own.

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 11:07:24 AM »
I like the idea of a custom made tree very much.  I think it would sell.  Have you checked on the web for companies that are offering that type of service?  It may be worth doing some research into this.  Also, will you be offering just indoor or outdoor designs too? 
When we move to our new house (wherever and whenever this will be -  still haven't found anything cat suitable) I want a specific area in my garden designed just for the cats and their enjoyment and a large outdoor climbing frame that blends naturally with the rest of the garden is defo on the wish list.
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 22:21:21 PM »
Same as Jack here lol - actually I would seriously ask loved ones for contributions towards it for christmas/birthday present etc because I think it's such a good idea - it'd probably be competitive prices to those huuuuuuge ceiling-height cat trees - but how much more would it be worth if it fitted the shape, size, decor of your house properly?
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 22:19:18 PM »
I think it's a great idea, lots of houses have wasted space due to areas being obscure shapes like Rebecca said. Let us know if you decide to do it! (I can't guarantee having enough money to buy anything, but I'd certainly let people know about your venture!)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 21:40:58 PM »
I'd love that - especially someone that could build scratch-post/climbing frame type assemblies into various nooks and crannies in my house that are no use to humans... I've got a lot of really funny-shaped alcoves and things and there's a lot of space wasted.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 21:38:15 PM »
Dfinetley a good idea also a scratch post that is sturdy or would come with an assembly service
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline brena

• Adult Cat
    • physhc  chihuahua's and crazy cats
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 21:34:47 PM »
see that's what i thought but my family thinks it's a stupid idea. i figured i would ask some cat people since that is who i would be selling to (no one in my family is a cat person.) thank you for the input.
devoted servant to 10 cats and 5 chihuahuas

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 19:11:04 PM »
Yep, I'd sure be interested, and I bet lots of others would be too

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 19:05:27 PM »
Having just been to the Supreme cat show and seen the interest in the stuff that was on offer there then I would definately say it would be a goer!  The chance to have a "custom" piece rather than "off the peg" is always an attraction.

Good luck with your new enterprise.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline brena

• Adult Cat
    • physhc  chihuahua's and crazy cats
cat furnature
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 17:16:35 PM »
i am about to inherit some money and i was thinking about starting a custom cat furnature business. unlike the sites where you order from what they already have you could choose what would be on your piece and what size it was. like you could say i have a space that is (however big) and i would like to have a hammock, two tunnels, two beds, and alot of sistal. then i would draw up what you asked for email it for approval then make it. i would also offer already made pieces for people that just want to pick something easy. do you think this is something people would be interested in?
devoted servant to 10 cats and 5 chihuahuas

Link to CatChat