Author Topic: Lexy's adventure with a spinach and ricotta pizza...... yes..you read correctly.  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Who needs friends......  :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
 :evillaugh: and no marks on the duvet to deal with either  ;)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
 :notme:  :ooops: :ooops:

Just think of it as being saved from having to clear it up first thing in the morning  :sick:

See I did you a favour really  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Somehow I don't think you will be that lucky  :evillaugh: everything crossed that it's not  :sick:  :hug:

I knew it...you speak and what happens...she goes.. thanks, thanks a lot... :sick:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
I can lend you a shovel, Ruth.  :rofl:

But seriously, give Lexy a big hug for me. She must be feeling uncomfortable, bless her.

:Luv:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
Erm nope.. the night before last... Friday... sigh...yes I have had some gagging experiences where the air turns green in the house  :sick:  Not looking forward to it when it finally does arrive.

She's going to have some Katalax in a minute...hopefully it will hit when I'm already asleep and far away from the tray...  :sick:

Somehow I don't think you will be that lucky  :evillaugh: everything crossed that it's not  :sick:  :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Erm nope.. the night before last... Friday... sigh...yes I have had some gagging experiences where the air turns green in the house  :sick:  Not looking forward to it when it finally does arrive.

She's going to have some Katalax in a minute...hopefully it will hit when I'm already asleep and far away from the tray...  :sick:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
So let me get this right, Ruth...

Lexy ate spinach last night, but hasn't been to number 2's for 2 days?  :omg:

DUCK!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Awww bless her  :Luv:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
So let me get this right, Ruth...

Lexy ate spinach last night, but hasn't been to number 2's for 2 days?  :omg:

DUCK!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Thankfully no backdraft!  :evillaugh:

But it is back to poo watch as we've (and by we I mean Lexy!) not gone in two days..   :doh:  This seems to be my life... bring on the spinach!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
I read this yesterday and have been waiting for the report of the 'backdraft'....  :sick:

Tigger had a thing for my Mum's dundee cake.  :oolala:

:rules: I used to tell her about feline disgestion. Did she listen?  :no:

Tigger was the nearest thing she had to a grandson, and boy did she spoil him!  :rofl:

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
Haha bless her! At least she's well behaved most of the time... When it comes to food my lot are terrible..

No matter whats in their bowl what we've got is always better..

In fact Sam even likes marmite  :Crazy:.. I mean I love it myself, but oh dear..

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
you need to start worrying when she demands chips with her ricotta  ;)  ;D love the chirps  :)

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
Hahaha ... bless Lexy!  Just when you think you have them sussed ....

My Shanti used to cadge food, but she has learned that she can't, so she's good as gold these days .... well, almost ...

The other day I had a nice pork chop ...mmm ... big indulgence, but it was lush!  Anyway, there was the bone left on my plate, and Shanti came onto my lap - all good.  She nonchalantly stretched her paw out along my leg towards the table.  Then she shuffled herself forward just a teensy bit ... then a teensy bit more, relaxed and draped her paw on my knee for a couple of minutes .....  then SWIPE!  As fast as you can think, she shot that delicately draped paw unerringly toward the pork bone on my plate, nabbed it and ran off!!   :rofl:

Edit:  Needless to say, I chased after her and got it back (not without a fight!) before she managed to choke herself!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 23:50:28 PM by Catjane »

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
poo watch
:evillaugh:
liked that story, I could imagine her doing it!

And i wish mine were that good too - if I tell them off for something they just make sure next time they do it when I'm not looking!!
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Thanks Susanne.  I have to go for a quick shop tomorrow so guess I'll be going Sainsbury!

As an aside, last night I was eating some cooked spinach and the little moo wanted some off my plate!  Maybe Lexy wants to be a vegetarian!  Spinach... hmph!  We have to have discussions about cat food and people food!

Thanks for the tip!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Hey Lexy - sainsbury's spinach and rocotta pizzas are half price at the moment!  Play your cards right and you could be having pizza a lot more often  ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Nice one Lexy  :Luv:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
Awwww bless that gorgeous Lexy  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Like the others have said greens are good for you  :evillaugh:

The boys have developed a taste for pasta  :tired:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Thank goodness for that. I thought she was just strange. She slept well so maybe Spinach has some kind of voodoo power over em!!  :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I love the Sainsbury's  Spinach and Ricotta Pizza..

Oh me too - yum!  I had an Asda spinach and ricotta pizza on saturday but it wasn't as nice as the sainsburys one.  I still had cadging cats though.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Lexy isn't the only pud to like Spinach and Ricotta pizza, Max is rather partial to Morrisons own brand version as well  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
She just likes good food Ruth  ;)

She is a lady after all  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Well she's snoozing so she must be fine  :evillaugh:

Teaches me to believe madam is predictable.

ccmacey

Maybe Lexy thought it must be healthy, its green lol.

Gourmet are doing a Trout and spinach pouch now so must be ok for them  :shy:

My Ted likes Lasagna, hence the name "Garfield"  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
love that  ;D

excuse the typing but i am half on my chair cos franta has the rest......more than half. :rofl:

lexy is so well behaved and mine love tables but the kitchen one is banned.......mind you they would be surprised if they saw the top  :rofl: :rofl:

i am sure lexys dinner did her no halm harm.......i knew it looked wrong  ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 21:02:01 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :tired: hope so MM I have no desire to be on poo watch again!

And yes she is very well behaved, Lexy's idea of jumping is onto my chest when I least expect it.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Felix make a food in spinach jelly so it should be ok for her guts.
I wish my gang were as trained as your lexy, tables are made for cats to sit on this house  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I love the Sainsbury's  Spinach and Ricotta Pizza.. low on the tomato base sauce and lots of ricotta and spinach. :tongue 2:  So its not surprising I have a couple in my freezer for a rainy day... like today...

Since I don't like eating if my baby hasn't, I made sure her FAGAIL chicken pouch and a treat of Solitaire Chicken were dished up for her since she's been so good all week on her diet. She generally only eats half the FAGAIL so I wasn't worried about her having too much.

Now, you have to understand... Lexy LOVES the Solitaire Chicken Terrine. When I say LOVES... I mean LOOOOOOOOOOOOVES it! This is her after she's had a bit:  :catluv:

(indulge me please, the story gets interesting!)  :evillaugh:

So here I am sitting in the living room enjoying my pizza when Madam Lexy chirps next to me. Sits on the floor looking sorry for herself. Now mind you, I did see her walk in the room licking her lips so she had been eating her favourite chicken!

So this is how the conversation went:

"What's up baby? You had your dinner? You likes you chicken don't you baby? Yes you do!"

"Miaowwwww....prrrttttt"  Blinking her eyes at me, a little paw on the sofa....  :cccooorrr:

"You don't like mommy's food baby, its people food"

"ppppppppprrrrrrrtttt"   :gimme:

Jumps on sofa. Now when I eat I always tell her off if she cadges for food from me, no bad habits in this house.. noooooo (yeah right)

Anyway...

"pppppprrrrrttt!  Miaooooooooowwww" :gimme:

"ok baby, just to prove you won't like it, I'm letting you sniff this spinach ok, and you'll see you aren't interested....ok?"

So I dab my finger in the spinach, and give her just a little knowing full well she will sniff, turn her nose and jump down. Well the little moo eats it!!!  So I think to myself.."maybe she just tasted the cheese in it" and think no more of it.

Lexy sits on the sofa and watches me. 

"Baby... go away!"

"prrt"   :tongue 2:

At this point I finish my pizza and there's a bit on the plate mixed with spinach and ricotta mixed in..pizza all gone just that little bit.

I put the plate on the coffee table. I always do this because Lexy is well behaved. She never climbs on the table.. and I do mean NEVER.

So I turn to pick up my glass, and there is the little moo on her hind legs lapping up the spinach and ricotta mix! And licks the plate!

So her diet is shot to  :censored: today and I hope that spinach won't do more than give her a little run in the :need loo:   :-[

Madam is now in her radiator bed having a kitty wash....Life is good....  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat