Author Topic: Will any of us go back to CC?  (Read 11829 times)

ccmacey

Re: Will any of us go back to CC?
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 18:54:53 PM »
So do you all think this site should stay open 4 the people and reopen CC for the cats? I know rehoming the cats is way more important than just chatting so why cant we have both?? Im being greedy now arnt i ? :scared:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 18:42:43 PM »
Andrew, it was a shame it all shut suddenly, but there was behind the scenes stuff going on, and as Pete rightly pointed out, CC is a rescue and rehoming site, and while the forum is a good part of that, it isn't the most important part. If they have more time to help on rehoming pages, then more cats can find homes - the last stats were 333.33 cats per month homed through them, which is excellent. And another thing you have to remember is that the auction and calendars weren't to do with CC in a way, they were Tan and Gill's ideas, not set up by the folks, they just let us use part of the forum, and it was unavoidable - but they have put the calendar on the site somewhere for us, and links to here.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2006, 18:36:20 PM »
Of course I will and eveyone from here will go back to. 

Tan & Mr Tan have done a fantastic job of  keeping us all together while CC is taking a brake.

I agree with Gail I have made so many friends through CC and have a lot to thank it for xx

ccmacey

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 18:30:18 PM »
To Tan the catchat rescuer, looks like you've rescued us all and were all moving in LOL. ;D

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 18:28:35 PM »

I guess in the end I'll stay with most of you, wherever you go  :Luv:
That's the most important part of any forum - the people (minus trolls of course!  :rofl: )

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 18:24:06 PM »
I don't mind going back to CC but I don't think the way they shut down CC forum was not very considerate. There was a Xmas auction and the calendar fundraising going on, it was a very short notice and god know if it will be shut down again....

It was not an easy decision and one not taken lightly, sometimes there are far more things going on than Gemini and Co can tell Joe public.

As you know they have said if it restarts it would be bigger and better.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Andrew

• Adult Cat
  • Ginger
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 18:17:10 PM »
I am quite unsure about this...

I'd prefer to stay here because I find this forum layouts and options better BUT it is not fair for Tan and Chappie to do all the work...

I don't mind going back to CC

I guess in the end I'll stay with most of you, wherever you go  :Luv:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 23:34:21 PM by Andrew »

ccmacey

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 18:15:40 PM »
Hi Tan, thanks, weight off my mind. So do you think it would be better just keeping this 1 open to stop all the bogus callers coming  through? I just love this site sooooo much would be a shame to see it go, after all the work you've put into it. sorry for pestering you on the subject.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 17:45:55 PM »
Na CC never thoiught at all ya anything remotely like that. Ya got top marks  hun.
Dave just mentioned the troll thing as cause that one of the reasons CC had to close.

Everyone has. Ya all have been blooming fantastic. Thanks to all of you.
I am soooo amazed with the auction. It going soooo well. You are all  :angel:  ;D ;D ;D ;D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ccmacey

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 17:38:09 PM »
I was getting paranoid there thinking that other people were thinking i was the troll. Am I just having 1 of my moments again??? I know Tan has a lot of work to do setting the sites up for us maybe it would bring her less hassle if we stuck with this 1? that's what i thought anyway as were all already here. Please don't think I'm an intruder as Ive been using CC and Purrs for weeks, there i go again oh no. :scared:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 17:34:44 PM »
There is so much work at the back where nobody seees it

I agree people just do not realize the enormity of the job, I think we should just be thankful for somewhere to post temporarily. Had it been easy to upkeep a site Cat Chat would not have had to close in the first place
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 16:54:05 PM »
No I dont think we should hold a vote cos that is not fair on Tan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,she has a busy job all year and to run this site takes time but also money. The bigger it gets the more space it needs and the problems it will have.

Lets just remember that the change of the servers only last week took a long time for her and Chappie to sort out and when CC changed servers that also took time to sort.

There is so much work at the back where nobody seees it.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 15:23:25 PM »
 :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 15:18:06 PM »
symbol for 1st sign of troll  :troll:
ha ha if ya see thia ya know to be aware!! ;)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 15:11:19 PM »
I' a moderator on Feline friends and we've been lucky too. I'm still dreading the first troll!  :scared: The trouble is they make everyone paranoid and hyper-sensitive.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 15:05:16 PM »
I hope they don't find their way here either Dave. We have set up a strict warining & banning system if they do. :shify:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 14:40:40 PM »
Being a relative newcomer to cat forums, I don't know if this will make any sense, but many of the problems with CC at the end seemed to be caused by "intruders" posting deliberately provocative nonsense, so that genuine newbies asking for info on subjects most were familiar with were met with suspicion. The atmosphere on some threads turned very chilly very quickly. I don't think any of those agents provocateur have migrated over here, thankfully, so I find this forum much more comfortable.

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 13:16:13 PM »
I'll probably go back to CC - like Tan says, it can be a lot of work running one forum, let alone two, and she's got a day job too :-) I have to say though, if I had the option of choosing one I'd choose Purrs. The software doesn't bother me, and yes the smilies are nicer but that's not what sways me - it's the atmosphere. It's somehow much, much better on Purrs than it was on CC.  :shy:
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

ccmacey

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 13:06:42 PM »
I think it should go to a vote to see which forum we should keep open, and let the catchatters decide, I know CC was good but this site is even better, why throw it away? especially when were all using it at the mo, why go through the change again? Does anyone agree??? ;)

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 12:51:28 PM »
I do like this layout and the extra stuff we can have but i also like CC simple way to. There may be a way if CC starts again to keep everyone happy and do both with a different software. Most easy to use PHP forums are like this though.

Unfortunately if ya have the extras like avatars, more smilies, graphics on signitures etc it is going to take longer to load than a complete text page like CC. Ya can turn off the graphics in your profile so to make the topics load quicker. Click the options "don't show avators and" also the Don't show signitures".
We are hoping a new upgrade of the software which has some base updates will make the forum quicker.The look and the way we use it won't change but the admin and working behind it all has been improved. Waiting for this release.

To be honest hunnies when or if CC is back i won't have time for two forums so Purrs will cease. The important bit for me is to stay in contact with all the wonderful friends i have made and most of all continue the fundraising for the fantasic rescues.

Hope to make this temp forum good for everybody. Can be a difficult task when we all have different likes but I will try my hardest.  :Luv:
xxx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 12:23:56 PM »
I love it here! I'd be quite happy for this to be our permanent home! Don't get me wrong I loved CC too, but all the extras here are great  :yes:  and I really like the layout etc now.

Offline Kezza

• Adult Cat
  • Barney
    • Barney Piccies
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 12:09:08 PM »

I have to say that I do find this forum much easier to use but understand this is just a temp place but I do prefer the layout!

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 11:53:57 AM »
I will always support Tan where I can so would never desert her, so I stay with this site

I like Cat Chat and we sometimes forget the main aim is to re-home and assist rescues. I wouldn't blame them in any way if they decided not to re-open the chat lines. It takes one hell of a lot of work and can only divert time and attention away from there main work. If it does reappear I hope that whoever runs it would look closely at who moderates it.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 11:16:10 AM »
I guess I will but I do prefer this forum style and think Tan and Chappie have done a top job.
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Emma S

• Adult Cat
  • Meg and Darcey
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 11:08:46 AM »
Yes I will definitly go back BUT I think Tan hs added some brilliant things on this site that I hope CC can continue with.

Such as, the gallery for members/cats pics, the avatars we can have, plus I really like that you get warned of any new replies to the thread while you post your message.

Love Emma & the girls - Meg and Darcey xxx

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 10:09:05 AM »
Of course I will and eveyone from here will go back to. 

Tan & Mr Tan have done a fantastic job of  keeping us all together while CC is taking a brake.

A Meow Massages your heart.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 07:51:03 AM »
I agree completely Gill, there are perks to this, but I am still struggling with notifications, I dont seem to be getting all of them!! I might tinker with my profile regardign the sigs and avatars, but that would be a shame as I like the avatars but dont remember seeing any sigs. The one advantage at the mo is that I can get on at work, but I am being very careful so they dont ban it!! I am glad that the non cat related stuff has been moved, as I dont tend to read those, but was getting notifications, so that has cut down the e-mail. Having 170 e-mails after half an hour reading feels like normal though!!!
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 01:37:32 AM »
Thats what I was worried about grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aand I will be a very unhappy bunny if it changes and maybe not hanging around much cos I just dont have time to read all the things I want here. I know its auction time so busy but while its fun here, I miss the easy to use CC, and I got to know far more bout cats cos all emails came mixed up from all sections and I could reply instantly, here it takes for ever to post something and cant read what I posted unless I slow it down even more and I have to keep jumping from section to section. I used to be able to just enter e section if I wanted to reply but everything was sitting there all nice and neat in my emails. :'( :'( :'(

Peeps like Desley cant really use the site any more if it stays on this type of software and that means we lose expertise.

Sorry I know I moaning but it was always my worst fear that the CC forum would change its software. You know I think what you have done here is great but also because its a temp home, I am still here but think I would probably only use CC or even this forum very little if this is what we had for any length of time.   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 01:43:31 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 01:32:09 AM »
Des see if clicking "don't show avators and signitures" in your profile makes loading quicker for you.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 01:30:34 AM »
Might, might not we gonna have to wait & see  :sneaky:  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 01:28:07 AM »
Oh oh what do you know that we dont?????????????????????

Just tell me they are not gonna change the software pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cos I want my ease of use back, with emails and speed  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 01:23:06 AM »
I will be going back to CC definately  ;D

Doubt if Purrs will continue after CC is back. I think there will be some changes to the CC site when they return!  :shify:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 22:43:36 PM »
I will be doing, this takes too long to load on my dial up internet, it is taking me longer to get through things!!! There are some perks on here though.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 22:27:13 PM »
As far as I know this is just a temporary home till CC start the forum again.............and I really hope they do. However it will definately noy be this year. :'(

ccmacey

Will any of us go back to CC?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 22:20:54 PM »
Hi All, just thought i'd ask everyone if and when CC comes back will we all be deserting this site? I think purrs is a better site with all the added extras and all. Love the cat gallery dont think anything like that was on CC or was there? wolud like to say thanks to Tan for setting purrs up its a much better site. ;D

Link to CatChat