Author Topic: Chicken livers  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Chicken livers
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 07:49:30 AM »
i bought those last year, and even the cats that liked raw meat wouldnt touch them!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 07:38:03 AM »
Onions are toxic to cats and should not be fed to them!  Just in case anyone did fancy making that!  ;D

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 21:54:51 PM »
Add onions and make chicken pate!!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,171,157191-231192,00.html I've tried it!!

I bought 2 packs which were on offer for Menue and she wouldn't touch them!!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 19:35:32 PM »
Dinah says if Biscuit doesn't like them, she's more than happy to take them off your hands  ;)

Offline Cathy Biscuits mom

• Adult Cat
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 15:56:13 PM »
 :thanks: Gillian

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 15:52:11 PM »
While I was grocery shopping last night, I picked up a packet of frozen chicken livers, impulse buy written all over it i know. Anyhow, now that I've got them I'm not sure what to do with them. I'm thinking of Biscuit rather than myself but what do i do? Can cats have these things raw? should i cook em? whats the best way to cook em?. Help! (oh and for the record I'm not a very good cook so exact details and times needed please lol )

thank you
x

Yep, you can feed 'em raw, although if your cat isnt used to raw meat, you might want to just sear the livers in a fry pan a bit first, just so's its lightly browned on the outside. Then, if you plan to give them to Biscuit again, you could just gradually sear them less each time, until eaten raw. Don't give too much at once either, maybe just a couple of slivers to start with, and if its going to be part of a raw diet, a few slivers can be safely fed every day, or a slightly larger quantity a couple of times a week. If its just as a treat alongside usual food, then a couple of times a week is fine.

Offline Cathy Biscuits mom

• Adult Cat
  • Biscuit
Chicken livers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 14:04:32 PM »
While I was grocery shopping last night, I picked up a packet of frozen chicken livers, impulse buy written all over it i know. Anyhow, now that I've got them I'm not sure what to do with them. I'm thinking of Biscuit rather than myself but what do i do? Can cats have these things raw? should i cook em? whats the best way to cook em?. Help! (oh and for the record I'm not a very good cook so exact details and times needed please lol )

thank you
x

Link to CatChat