Author Topic: Hi to everyone  (Read 1785 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Hi to everyone
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 09:25:08 AM »
Hiya, and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Charlie looks like a real cutie, look forward to seeing some more pics soon, and hopefully the feliway will help where he's been pulling his fur.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline starlin

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Charlie, Dizzy(RIP) and Bella
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 09:21:50 AM »
Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome.

Thanks Sam for the tip on the plug-in.  Have ordered two, hopefully be here soon. 

Luv Tracy and Charlie xxxx

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 21:51:25 PM »
 :welcome:

He looks so cuddly!!!

Love Sarah xxx
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 09:43:24 AM »
 :welcome: Tracy and Charlie   :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 22:02:43 PM »
Hi Tracy and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Charlie looks adorable bless him.  Have you tried using a feliway plug-in or Bachs rescue rememdy to help with his "stress" problem.

Feliway is a feline facial pheromone, which mimics the cat's natural pheromones, creating a state of well-being and calmness.

In stressful situations Feliway will create a reassuring environment which will calm your cat and stop such problems as scratching, excessive grooming, urine spraying, restoring your cats health and happiness.  you can get them from VetUK http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=334

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline starlin

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 21:25:29 PM »
Thank you for the welcome Christine and blackcat.

Charlie does have a paler undercoat so where he's been pulling the fur out it does make it slightly more noticeable.  I've also found where new fur is growing its more reddy than black and tends to stick out more...... got myself a tend setter  :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 21:12:07 PM »
Tracy, hi, and  :welcome: to Purrs.  Bless you for adopting little Charlie.

I am sorry to hear about his fur-pulling - humans get it too and it is a persistent thing - but affection, happy routines and absence of stress should start him on the way to recovery.

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 21:09:09 PM »
what a gorgeous cat!! does he have a paler undercoat? He looks lovely. The ones from rescues are always nicer I think. They know just how bad life can be so are specially grateful when they land on their feet. What a honey. Oh, and welcome to the site. Lots of lovely folk here. Am only new myself but am really enjoying the vibe... :welcome:

Offline starlin

• Kitten
Hi to everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 21:05:14 PM »
Hi to everyone
 Just want to say    What a brilliant site this is.
My name is Tracy, I live with my 10 yr old daughter and a beautiful (chest swells with pride :rofl:) :rofl: cat named Charlie who adopted us back in March when we called in to our local RSPCA.  It was love at first sight  :Luv:

Poor Charlie had been in there for over 3 months and was being over looked as he was wearing an Elizabethan collar.  He arrived there I believe with no fur on both his sides, due to the stress of being bullied by two other cats he lived with :(   Poor thing was left on his own away from theses bullies and put in the conservatory.

He is such a loving and friendly boy, so laid back that he almost falls over, loves his food too.  I brought him home and he took over straight away!  We still have a problem with him pulling his fur out, its manly his back legs and stomach,   but I put this down to habit.  I'm just hoping that with a lot of love and patience he'll break this habit.

Any advice on this would be gratefully received.

Tracy xx

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat