Author Topic: hello from Kent  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
Re: hello from Kent
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 20:08:39 PM »
Hi BC and  :welcome: to Purrs

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 19:19:33 PM »
Hi Coastal Kitty, I actually live in east london at the moment but tomorrow I am going down to walk around my new domain, having (finally) completed the purchase this week. Am so looking forward to being reunited with my dog (who arrives on 6 July) and getting all my possessions back (they are in storage at present).

Whereabouts are you? Coastal Kent presumably means down along the bottom bit??

Offline coastalkitty

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 19:14:14 PM »
 :welcome: Im in kent as well  ;D

Offline deniseb90

• Senior Cat
    • Anim-Mates
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 09:55:23 AM »
Poor old Meep looks distinctly unhappy doesn't he. Poor laddie. Will be in touch when I am in the house. They all look lovely. Have been looking for an excuse to go to Cobham - that park looks wonderful.

Hi - Yep poor Meep, he came in with 15 others from the same house - we have managed to rehome all but 2 now I think, Meep included.  He's very frightened and almost feral - but maybe in a home environment may shine through - unfortunately it does put people off.  Cobham park is lovely - Shadow will love it over there!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 08:03:01 AM »
 :evillaugh:  Are we suckers for a hard luck story, or what?   :evillaugh:

"Cats are boring.... they don't do anything....?"   The man must've been blind and deaf as well as dumb!!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 07:55:38 AM »
Snap

Thats how I got Kylie. I went to North London CP and there were lots of cats that were friendly and purry but Kylie wouldn't come out. When the woman got kylie out of the pen, I tried to fuss her but she bit me ! - they said she had been rehomed 2 weeks previously but was sent back as the man said "cats are boring, they don't do anything we are getting a dog instead". They said she was very upset and stressed at being back and needed to go to a home ASAP - I said I needed a week or so to sort myself out but they said she needed to go more or less right away. I had fallen in love so didn't mind - This was a Saturday, I left work early on the Monday to buy all the stuff as the homecheck was on Monday evening and I collected her on the  Tuesday - I love my Kylie  :catluv:

[attachment deleted by admin]
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 07:02:13 AM »
Oh bless - that's more or less how we got Tess.  She was all alone in a very dark pen at the end of an empty row, in a barn, separae from the rest of the animals.  There was a huge pot bellied pig called Susie, who was roaming loose outside the pens, and she'd gone over to the end  pen, which attracted our attention - all we could see was a pair of eyes shining in the gloom.

At first, we thought there was something wrong with her, as she was sat there all quiet and cowed, but when we made enquiries, we were told she'd been brought in the day before and wasn't coping very well.  I know just how you felt when you chose Shadow.    :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 06:36:43 AM »
Poor old Meep looks distinctly unhappy doesn't he. Poor laddie. Will be in touch when I am in the house. They all look lovely. Have been looking for an excuse to go to Cobham - that park looks wonderful. Thanks Denise.

Jo

Offline deniseb90

• Senior Cat
    • Anim-Mates
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 23:57:13 PM »
Hi Blackcat and welcome to the forum!

I'm in Cobham, Kent which is roughly about 20-25 mins away from Chatham.  I foster cats for Anim-Mates and we always have needy cats looking for homes - so when you're settled and feel ready please look us up!!!  You can check out our website in the meantime www.anim-mates.org.uk and I always put fosters I have on purrs rehoming pages.

Shadow sounds adorable - hope he'll enjoy his new country!

Dx

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 18:13:51 PM »
Hi Sue His name is Shadow and I found him at the RSPCA in Brisbane. He was in a pen with a lot of rowdy puppies who were clamouring for my attention and he was just sitting in the middle of the concrete, by himself, looking like the ugliest sickest puppy  :sick: you could possibly imagine. Of course i took him home. He is called Shadow because he is black and follows me everywhere. From Brisbane, to New Zealand and now to the UK.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 07:14:58 AM »
Hi Blackcat and welcome to purrs.  I couldn't help chuckling at the thought you were moving from New Zealand to the UK - most of us dream about doing it the other way round! 

Lovely picture and very attractive babies   :wow:

You'll love it on here - it gets very addictive - my home 'puta is down at the moment and I'm feeling very cut off!  Have to do all me Purrs stuff at work now.  As Gill said, there's games, and a chat room, and 2 quizzes and loads of useful advice and info.  It'll keep you smiling and laughing - in roughly equal measure. 

What's your dog called Blackcat?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 22:35:41 PM »
Well this is just our little fun show on Purrs to raise money for Minimopsical, who you can click at the top of the Purrs banner to read her story.

All the cats are stunning and the more votes the better.  ;D

Then if you are bored and have read all the about 78K posts lol , you can play games in the arcade  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 22:32:48 PM »
yes, used to breed siamese and orientals - show time - mad time
 :tired:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 22:31:12 PM »
Welcome to Purrs  ;D

Hope you have enjoyed your first night of craziness here  :rofl: :rofl:

next stop the Cat Show if you havent been there alraedy  ;D

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 22:27:13 PM »
Hello Blackcat  :welcome:

I'm sure you'll just  :Luv: this forum...everyone's very friendly.

Good on you for thinking of rescuing an oldie - from past experience I know that they're fab  :)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 22:07:45 PM »
 :innocent: sure am - thanks for the link M

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 22:00:06 PM »
Hi blackcat  ;D

Welcome to Purrs.

I think Medway CP is your nearest one - there are others over that way too.

I was wondering if you were the person that posted on Yahoo answers yesterday?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 20:53:32 PM »
 ;D well this time it should work .... Bob is the one on the left - in case there are people out there that might get confused - he was a turkish angora as close as I could guess ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 20:41:33 PM »
Hi & :welcome: to Purrs and the UK  ;D

It must have been really hard for you to be without Sofie but it sounds like she has got a super home now, I'm sure there is a perfect kitty (or two  ;)) waiting for a lovely home near you.  A rescue group, Canterbury Cats, posts on here - not sure how far that is from Chatham but I'm sure they could point you in the direction of rescues closer to home if they are not anywhere near you.

Couldn't see the pic by the way  :(  Might just be me but if not you need to resize the pics to less than 150kb and then post it.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
hello from Kent
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 20:02:01 PM »
I have just been accepted as a forum member. I am new to the UK and will be moving to Chatham in the not too distant future (ie next month). When I move my large and soppy dog will be arriving from New Zealand where he is staying with a friend who has also adopted my blue burmese girl who I miss terribly. sadly, because I was paying for the trip myself, only one animal could come, so the dog was the choice. Not because he is a dog, but because he has medical problems and needs to be kept good care of. Sofie, the burmese, has always yearned to be an only cat and so is very happy in her new home. So much so that when the dog arrived two days later she demanded to know what he was doing there.

I am hoping to find a rescue cat who can move in with us - mature age cats welcome. I have always had a cat in my adult life, and come complete with recommendations from my vets in Queensland (where I lived before going east) and New Zealand (where I lived for the last 3 years). The dog originated in New Zealand and he, together with Sofie, and Bob (now deceased, aged 19) travelled with me. The dog has been well and truly trained into believing he is bottom of the pecking order (poor boy) by my cats.

Generally have at least 2 cats, and they are sometimes indoor cats and sometimes outdoor cats who sleep inside. depends on my neighbourhood and the sort of risks a cat might be exposed to.

Hello all and will welcome any suggestions of rescue cats in need. I spent a fortune of cat psychologist for one of them so now know most of the tricks of the trade when settling someone into a new home. Pic is of dog with Bob, the 19 year old, shortly before he (bob) died.

Link to CatChat