Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 00:21:34 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

if you already havent , try posting your question about meds and stuff in the health and behavior section cos I know others have been using that medication

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 22:39:16 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs,

We are a very freindly bunch on here and if you've never been on a forum before ... this is the best one to be on  ;)

Your furries sound wonderful and I look forward to seeing the pics.  Sorry to hear about Imogen ... I have no experience of heart failure in kitties I'm afraid but I'm sure you will get lots of advice on here.

All the best

Sam. Foxy, Zephyr & Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 16:54:38 PM »
Hi Helen,

Thanks so much for saying hello, I've never logged on to a chat forum before so I was a bit nervous.

I'll do my best to sort out some photo's of my lot but I'm not very good at the technical stuff - I have noticed a post about how to upload using photobucket so I'll give that a go.

I can well believe that the site's addictive - I've been reading a few of the posts and  it's nice knowing that I'm not the only one who's completely and utterly mad about cats. That attitude....you've just got to love 'em :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:   

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 16:31:39 PM »
Hi Lilycat &  :welcome: to Purrs

Glad that you found us, we are all cat mad and love nothing more than to witter on about our cats (me included :evillaugh:).  It's also a great place for advice and support with lots of experienced cat slaves and rescuers on here.  A word of warning though, this place is addictive  :Crazy:

Look forward to hearing more about your lot, and of course seeing some pics.  We love our pics on here  ;D  I've replied about the tablet issue on Imogen's thread.

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »
Hello  :), I've been looking for a great site with lots of lovely people I can chat to and I've found the perfect one!!

I have 5 rescue cats [one of whom is Lilycat so I decided to use her name], the rest are called Humphrey, Basil, Dave and Imogen - they're all about 9 years old and even though they drive me  :Crazy: sometimes, I love them all and they seem to think I'm suitable servant material.

I did have 6 pusscats but I lost Mavis to Cancer a year ago - I still miss her.

Has anyone out there had much experience of heart failure in cats? Imogen is in the early stages you see; she's just been put on ACE Inhibitor medication [Fortekor 2.5] and seems to be alright in herself so far but I was wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts on it. Also, she won't eat food with her meds mixed in and as she's quite nervous [and intelligent] she's taken to giving me a wide berth as she knows she has to have a tablet the old fashioned way if she won't have it on her food. Any ideas?

:thanks: SO MUCH  :hug:

Link to CatChat