Author Topic: My gorgeous Drum  (Read 4841 times)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: My gorgeous Drum
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2021, 23:25:32 PM »
We have to recognise how much we give, and how much we take, and understand it's all part of life richly lived.

Suppose so.

Shortly after Drum had passed I looked at her lying there and wondered what the hell it's all about, if it just ends up like this. But the idea of life richly lived makes more sense - life's only meaningful at the time you're living it, but that's all you need it to be.

Thanks Sue.  :)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2021, 18:47:52 PM »
Ill be honest, ive broken my heart  at losing Barley.  She was my special girl.  We spent so much time trying to win her and Malt round.  She lovedvus and we loved her.  Part of that is recognising she lived her best life with us. 

We have to recognise how much we give, and how much we take, and understand it's all part of life richly lived.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2021, 18:42:42 PM »
Jezebel - I would never rule out another addition.  There are always cats who need us.  Even if it's the case we have to decide whether a celestial cat agency sends them to us.

I'm firmly of the view there will be no more for us, but also know if a wind blows a kitty in pir direction we'd be waiting at the door "just to see how things pan out"   xxx

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 08:27:03 AM »
It's nice to see the core Purrs family is still here. :hug:

I've also cried at other's losses. You get to know them through the stories and photos, and their passing is almost as sad as losing one of your own.

Well, i don't know where the last week has gone but I've now feeling kind of numb. I'm still at the "no more cats" stage - apart from our lovely Vincent, of course. Drum might have passed but she hasn't left yet.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2021, 21:02:35 PM »
That is true - I've cried over cats I've never met, because of how we talk about them

Me too Desley. Every time one of the Purrs family loses a member, we grieve with them.

I'm so sorry that Drum has has to leave you Jezebel  :hug:

RIP Drum, run fast at the bridge beautiful girl

:candle:[/size][/b]

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 12:19:31 PM »
That is true - I've cried over cats I've never met, because of how we talk about them
Please spay your cat

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 21:33:59 PM »
it helps because we can all say with absolute truth that we know how you feel :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 19:18:14 PM »
It's nice to read your replies. I said on Facebook that they help - and they really do.

I think, Jezebel, it's because when we record our losses with our Purrs family, we know each cat like it was one of our own.  They're all part of our extended network of friends and furries.  Each loved, and treasured, and recognised.  It helps somehow.  Knowing too that other people understand how challenging those initial days, months and years can be until time helps to ease that awful sense of loss.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 19:19:29 PM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 18:09:52 PM »
So sorry  :hug:  Such a beautiful girl - can't believe it has been 10 years!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 14:28:27 PM »
It's nice to read your replies. I said on Facebook that they help - and they really do.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 18:57:52 PM »
 :Oh Jezebel.  I'm so very Sorry, treasure.  Drum and Bass together again, but you're left with that echoing void where her presence once was.  Thinking of you and sending a gentle hug xxx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 18:13:47 PM »
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that, RIP Drum, back with your sister now x
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 17:33:40 PM »
So sorry for your loss x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
My gorgeous Drum
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 17:02:16 PM »
I've already posted on Facebook about Drum's passing but I wanted to mention her here too. It was through Purrs that we found Drum and her sister Bass back in September 2010 so it's fitting she should have a little tribute here.

My gorgeous girl passed away early on Sunday evening. She'd been frail and losing weight for some time but was still the bossy, crabby, sweet lady I had loved for over ten years. She died as she'd lived - dramatically and with the most attention she could get. We rang two out of hours vets but neither were doing home visits due to Covid - not that she would have lasted long enough for the vet to get here.

She spent her last minutes on the sofa, with us stroking her and kissing her. And she gave me my wish of not having to make the final decision.

I miss her tons - for a tiny, frail cat she had a huge presence and the house is weirdly quiet without her.

She sent her dad a rainbow today, maybe it was for both of us. I'm certain she's on the bridge now, running around at the speed of light like she used to.

This is the last photo I took of her, last weekend, letting Vincent sit beside her for once.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 17:04:12 PM by jezebel »

Link to CatChat