Author Topic: Scratch on snout, does this need a vet?  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Scratch on snout, does this need a vet?
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 00:50:32 AM »
I would echo Sue and get him vet checked, but in the meanwhile sluice with warm salt water. Don't use anything like Savlon, very good for humans, very bad for cats, especially where they can lick it.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Scratch on snout, does this need a vet?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 02:41:03 AM »
I would say have it checked by a vet.  Cats can develop infections alarmingly quickly, and given its near his mouth I'd take no chances.  Poor little lad.  Orrible when yer gets bashed.  :doh:

Offline cheesephetamine

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Ramen, Yami, Ches, Kino
Scratch on snout, does this need a vet?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 18:12:00 PM »
Hello!
One of my cats, Yami, seems to have sustained some kind of injury. All my cats are indoor cats. It looks like one of my other boys might have scratched him. Please see pic attached.

Does this call for a vet visit? I can't see blood in this scratch or any other injuries anywhere in the body, Yami is a bit drooly but otherwise his normal self. I am a nurse myself so I am able to do basic injury care if you can recommend something that can be done at home. I am happy to take him to the vet if needed but I don't want to make a fuss if its nothing... The injury is two days old.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 18:12:38 PM by cheesephetamine »

Link to CatChat