Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Hiiii
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 10:01:04 AM »
Welcome to Purrs. 

Frey is stunning  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 15:13:48 PM »
 :welcome: to you both, ;D

Freya is gorgeous, I have four cats, Emo who is black, half NFC, Bob, a black tortie girl, Pippa, a muted silver tabby, and Pirate, a mackerel tabby boy who has birth defects. One fully functioning eye, hence the name, one missing ear flap and a curly tail. I recently lost my big black and white boy Merlin.

My site namesake was a full NFC silver and cream tabby, orange and white to you and me, she was a lovely girl. I still miss her, she was incredibly long, sitting in a chair with her upside down on my lap, her forepaws would touch the ground! With me hanging onto her for dear life. :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 16:05:31 PM »
Hello  :welcome:

Frey is gorgeous  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Spirited

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Freya
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 16:40:23 PM »
   Hello Spirited!  Hello Freya!!   

A big warm welcome to Purrs to you both.   :welcome: ;D

Your little furbaby is just stunning!!   :Luv2: :Luv:  Isn't she beautifully marked?  She's a proper little gurlie, and her name suits her beautifully.

Hey, dont be shy of askig questions.  It's what we love.  Chatting about cats, admiring cats, oooohing and aaaahing over cats - our own, or other members' cats.  We love hearing all about how people come by their feline companions, and it would be lovely to hear how Freya came to choose you/you came to choose Freya.   :)

You said she was poorly - what was the matter?  Am so glad she's on th mend from whatever it was, and photos or videos - we won't complaint.  We love them equally. 

Yes, Liz is our "super-rehomer" and is a fount of knowledge on all manner of cat and kitty related matters, so a great source of knowledge if there are things you want to ask about.  Where Liz says "some stay" I think you can count on one hand the number who ever left.   ;)

Please come back and waffle - tell us about yourself, your family and Freya. 

We have a modest three cats, all rescues - Moray, a 7 year old floof-monsta, who is a Norwegian Forest Cat lookeelike.  He's a plain old moggy, but I swear to Gods he could give purebreds a run for their money any day of the week and leave them gasping.  He has a tail that is full of cattitude and carries on a conversation all of its own.  Then we have 2 semi feral girls, Malt (a small but cheeky white and tabby) and Barley, a full on tabby with honey-gold highlights.  They're both 5.  Malt is more settled than Barley, who still retains a great deal of fear at unknown or "different" situations, but both semi ferals are very loving and affectionate.  I feel blessed to have them all.   :)

Hi and thank you for the warm welcome!

As mentioned in the original post, I'm a completely new catmom. Never having cats growing up but spending a lot of my time with strays, because it was the closest I could get to having my own (Sad I know, but theres nothing cuter than an outdoor cat running up to greet you on your way back from school/ college/ uni/ work, I have vivid memories of a chunky ginger tabby who would greet me almost daily for a good decade, mosty just for a good fuss, though he did try to enter the house once lol).

Lil Freya herself was actually from a breeder. She was the runt of the litter, choosing to wait until her siblings had eaten and we found she had a bout of nasty conjunctivitus when she got back :/. But several eye drops later and shes all well ^^.  But she chose me...definitely, and ever since, she's not only taught me more about herself and myself as a cat mom, but also the other older cat we have. Everyones growing for the better together and I'm loving it.

It's also amazing me with how intelligent and bonkers at the same times kittens can be. At the moment she's trying to work out how to hold things with her paws like her humans xD. She eventually gives up and just uses her mouth but she does try.

I'm just struggling with not... buying her absolutely everything...

And I absolotely love her coat, it'll be interesting to see how big she gets, she sure is getting long though xD.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 12:13:23 PM »
   Hello Spirited!  Hello Freya!!   

A big warm welcome to Purrs to you both.   :welcome: ;D

Your little furbaby is just stunning!!   :Luv2: :Luv:  Isn't she beautifully marked?  She's a proper little gurlie, and her name suits her beautifully.

Hey, dont be shy of askig questions.  It's what we love.  Chatting about cats, admiring cats, oooohing and aaaahing over cats - our own, or other members' cats.  We love hearing all about how people come by their feline companions, and it would be lovely to hear how Freya came to choose you/you came to choose Freya.   :)

You said she was poorly - what was the matter?  Am so glad she's on th mend from whatever it was, and photos or videos - we won't complaint.  We love them equally. 

Yes, Liz is our "super-rehomer" and is a fount of knowledge on all manner of cat and kitty related matters, so a great source of knowledge if there are things you want to ask about.  Where Liz says "some stay" I think you can count on one hand the number who ever left.   ;)

Please come back and waffle - tell us about yourself, your family and Freya. 

We have a modest three cats, all rescues - Moray, a 7 year old floof-monsta, who is a Norwegian Forest Cat lookeelike.  He's a plain old moggy, but I swear to Gods he could give purebreds a run for their money any day of the week and leave them gasping.  He has a tail that is full of cattitude and carries on a conversation all of its own.  Then we have 2 semi feral girls, Malt (a small but cheeky white and tabby) and Barley, a full on tabby with honey-gold highlights.  They're both 5.  Malt is more settled than Barley, who still retains a great deal of fear at unknown or "different" situations, but both semi ferals are very loving and affectionate.  I feel blessed to have them all.   :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 22:48:49 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs. Frey is utterly adorable  :Luv2:

Offline Spirited

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 23:07:21 PM »
Wow, it must be so rewarding. If I can get to the stage where I can re-home even a few animals, I'll be happy <3

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 21:49:20 PM »
We have a lot of cats well more than the average due to rescues we have been involved in over the years some stay some left and we get them back, we are also at times the last best hope, we recently added a diabetic boy as he was due to be pts he is only 10 so Tommy joined us and is now stable and has discovered his love of sunbathing in the garden and helping out with DIY

We have had a few diabetic and hyper t over the years and have had most cat illness's and issues, the dogs are cat friendly both having been bought in as puppies, Sky is 13.5 and Haze is 13 months, we lost our middle boy Mistral to epilepsy hence the age gap so Haze will get a younger pal at some point
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Spirited

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 21:13:59 PM »
Welcome to Purrs we are a friendly lot and love loads of pictures

I am Mother to the Clan cats in Scotland we have an NFC, Ragdoll, 9 Bengals - F2 to F7, 2 Egyptian Maus all rescues loads Moggies and my beloved ferals and their pets my wonderful cat loving Border Collies Sky and Haze

Wow, that is incredible! How long have you been rescuing animals? I'd love to see pics of them all if you have any already uploaded. Also whenever I hear of a house of cats and one dog its always a Collie xD.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 19:58:26 PM »
Welcome to Purrs we are a friendly lot and love loads of pictures

I am Mother to the Clan cats in Scotland we have an NFC, Ragdoll, 9 Bengals - F2 to F7, 2 Egyptian Maus all rescues loads Moggies and my beloved ferals and their pets my wonderful cat loving Border Collies Sky and Haze
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Spirited

• Kitten
Hiiii
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 13:40:28 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I'm a new cat mom but I've loved animals of all kinds all my life and I'm so happy I can contribute to forums like these instead of passively lurk as a guest...even if its with 700 newbie questions a week.

Attached some pictures of my bundle of joy who is full of cuddles and boundless energy, even when she was poorly it didnt stop her xD.

Shes a Norwegian Forest Cat x Ragdoll and I cant get enough of her preference to coo and chirp over meow.

I'm finding getting good photos of her extremely hard and most of the time resort to videos now.

But now I'm just waffling on sorry!

Link to CatChat