Author Topic: Tonka  (Read 4796 times)

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
Re: Tonka
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 16:07:49 PM »
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Play well at the bridge beautiful Tonka xx  :hug:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 18:35:32 PM »

Lyn sums it up perfectly.  You gave Tonka the freedom to be herself.  You gave her space and food and shelter.   :hug:

Kay, I am so sorry I've not been around as much as I should have been and missed this news. I can't say anything other than repeat what Lyn said, you gave her the space she needed, whilst looking after her as much as she allowed.

Play hard on The Bridge Tonka. :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 08:28:05 AM »
I am so sorry to hear the news Kay :(

Very much thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 21:03:07 PM »
 :'(
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 21:08:55 PM »
Am so very sorry for your loss Kay  :hug: :hug:

Tonka was very beautiful ❤  Sounds like you gave her exactly the life she wanted.  RIP darling angel Tonka  :'( :'(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 06:39:51 AM »

Lyn sums it up perfectly.  You gave Tonka the freedom to be herself.  You gave her space and food and shelter.   :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 13:12:32 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that Kay, but at least she ended up somewhere who allowed her to be herself, and she was set free when she started to suffer, it could have been worse for her. RIP Tonka
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 20:31:18 PM »
Thank you for allowing Tonka to be herself, rather than trying to make her conform to your idea of what her life should be. You cared for her, nurtured her and, at the end, allowed her to be free of her suffering. What more could anyone ask for?   :hug:

RIP sweet Tonka, play hard at the bridge.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Tonka
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 18:34:06 PM »
Tonka was the name I gave to the stray I started feeding many years ago - she was, I think, a neutered female, with blue eyes and the markings of a chocolate point siamese -  she must have had a home once, but would never allow me to touch her, and resisted my attempts to entice her into the house

She was slowly going downhill, with weeping eyes and a wheezy chest, but this past month she was having real difficulty eating, and was getting very thin - I could see no chance of a recovery and she looked in pain so today I took the decision to get her to the vet to be euthanized

her buddy Titch will miss her - even this morning they were rubbing up against each other at the gate of the enclosure as usual,  waiting for their breakfast, which sadly Tonka couldn't eat - Titch  too is suffering from cat flu at the moment, but he is much younger and I expect he will recover

so farewell Tonka, my pretty girl - I wish you would have let me love you properly, but I think until recently you enjoyed your life outdoors
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 21:45:42 PM by Kay and Penny »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Link to CatChat