Author Topic: Smelly treats?  (Read 3057 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Smelly treats?
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 17:27:43 PM »

but I guess that's the nature of cat ownership :evillaugh:

'Sactly so, Kay.  Sactly so.   :evillaugh:  Cosma treats are also a lot cheaper than Thrive treats, though Cosma don't do shrimp treats which are the ones our Malt loves the most.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 16:03:58 PM »
I'll certainly try the Cosma fishy treats, as she already likes the Cosma salmon soup

she won't eat any wet food at all, not even the shreds of salmon in the soup, nor pastes, so probably wouldn't go for the Lik-e-lix

it seems ironic than I find myself worrying about a cat who is happy to live in two rooms, eats only dry food, only pees and poos once a day, and has been up for cuddles from day one - but I guess that's the nature of cat ownership :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 15:54:10 PM »
fishy treats are usually the stinkiest if shes likes fish.  natures menu are a bit stinky if I recall correctly.  if she like fish though, anything fishy might work!

mine go crazy for Cosma snackies.  I've just  lured Mosi out from the bedroom with some duck ones as I thought he was going to upchuck his tea under the bed (yes I know - not the best idea to give him more food if about to upchuck!  he was doing motions and think he has a hairball stuck somewhere that he's struggling to get up).  He was suspicious but couldn't resist the trail of treats.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 22:57:04 PM »
Have you tried the Lik-e -lix yoghurt things? I put them on textured silicone mats, takes longer to scoff. ;) The kids love them, I don't, they reek, but I am nothing less than a subservient cat slave. :scared:

No guessing who are bosses in this household, they have four paws and fur. :naughty:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 19:26:32 PM »

'the drinkies' are more often at the bottom of a typo than phones, IMO - just saying :shify:

I'll try both when I next order from Zooplus - they won't go uneaten, even if I have to give up the experiment - I do hope it works because I could then try hiding them in other places, which would give her some excitement  - poor dab doesn't find much on top of the wardrobe

Robert A. Heinlein:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 18:46:53 PM »

Stinkiest Kay (can you tell I'm on my phone....?)  :innocent:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 18:46:02 PM »

Tuna Cosma are definitely the drinkies, followed by the shrimp Thrive treats, so my nose tells me.   :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 18:38:39 PM »

I'll check.  :)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 17:30:16 PM »
do they like the Tuna ones the most, Sue? give them all a good sniff for me, there's a dear, and see which ones make you  :sick: the most
Robert A. Heinlein:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 17:18:04 PM »

Oh Kay, bless her paws.   :-:

Not sure about particularly stinky ones, but ours go mad for Cosma and Thrive freeze dried treats. 

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Smelly treats?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 17:08:55 PM »
I'm still struggling to get Penny to move beyond her bedroom and part of the sitting room 'safe zones' - and she hasn't so much as approached the soft igloo bed, the cardboard scratching cardboard bed, and the tall scratching pole I have bought for her, and which  are placed close to each other in the sitting room

but she is fond of treats, so can anyone recommend any particularly stinky ones I can place in the beds and by the pole - she goes within about two feet of the igloo bed, so I need something she is likely to smell at that sort of range - I think if she just found the first one, she would be keen enough to smell out more
Robert A. Heinlein:

Link to CatChat