Author Topic: Survey re Firework Petitions  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Survey re Firework Petitions
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 09:27:52 AM »
I love fireworks but the problems they cause outweigh the benefit, IMHO

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Survey re Firework Petitions
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 07:02:42 AM »

Completed the survey.  I'd happily live without fireworks.   Yes, they look pretty, but too much worry and hassle in the weeks surrounding Bonfire Night, New Year and Diwali.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Survey re Firework Petitions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 21:41:39 PM »
A friend posted a link to this which asks why people want fireworks more tightly regulated -

"For those who have a concern regarding fireworks ...

We want to understand more about why so many people have signed petitions about fireworks, and hear about their experiences. If you've signed a petition, or have strong views about fireworks, we'd be really grateful if you could complete this survey by 26 March 2019:

https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/TS5AK/

Nearly 750,000 people have signed petitions about fireworks in the last three years.

There are now 12 petitions calling for changes to the law. 11 call for greater restrictions on fireworks. The petition with the most signatures calls for a ban on fireworks being sold to and used by the public. There's also a petition against a ban.

The Petitions Committee has scheduled several debates about fireworks in the House of Commons and, because so many people clearly have strong views, has now decided to investigate fireworks law in a new inquiry."

Link to CatChat