Author Topic: Special day  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Special day
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 08:20:39 AM »
cats are ever bit as diverse as people (if not more so!) and it's the ones who are  a bit quirky and tetchy that are the ones who need the most understanding.  It's great that she knows you'll still fuss her anyway, but let her have her own space and her own little foibles.  Some cats that grow older find their owners growing less and less tolerant or understanding of their ways, which is sad.  Thank God for people like you and Dawn and Theresa and the gang.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 08:14:33 AM »
She has, bless her. I still get hissed at, but that is normal for Molly, and I know she doesnt' mean it, she knows I will still give her a fuss regardless!! Just wish she would eat treats, I have to give her extra dry for when she accepts things like she did last night. Soo glad she is accepting brushes now, she isn't keeping her fur in that good condition (she is 14 though)
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 08:12:22 AM »
Lord, Desley - she's come such a long way in her time with you, bless her.  It's a testament to your care.   :fish:  Hope everything's fine at the check up

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 08:02:57 AM »
Couldnt' believe what a good day I had with Molly yesterday, I strongholded her, brushed her and clipped her claws, without her running away, spitting or growling, that is a first!! She is going to have a 6 monthly check up next month though, as she is feeling a bit boney.
Please spay your cat

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 10:18:20 AM »
Aw, it really is nice to hear stories like these. Well done to you for giving this old girl a 2nd chance!  :Luv:

Can't wait for pic...

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 07:45:29 AM »
Cheers guys!!
Lisa - yes, she has certainly helped keep me sane!!
Sue - yeah, but will prob not go looking, see what finds me, they tend to be the needier ones!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 21:04:11 PM »
Happy Special day Des and Molly - it's amazing what a good home can do, it's great when they keep going for so much longer than you expected.

So you're thinkingof another one eh?!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 20:58:14 PM »
Awwww, congratalations on your special day Desley, Molly is obviously one very happy lady with you, she fell on her paws finding you  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 18:28:19 PM »
Awww Des it is so lovely..

It is great that you have Molly i think she has helped to keep you sane over the last year xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 17:32:31 PM »
Thanks - it is wonderful - I had actually wanted Molly since I started fostering for the rescue, but she was too aggressive in the beginning, and then got swallowed up with cats that didn't have a space. It was well worth the 8 month wait though!!
Molly definitely loves her mummy, even if she wont ever give me kisses, it is me doing all that!! She just chats and sits on me!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 13:30:14 PM »
Congrats on your Special Day!  Well done for what you have done for Molly - it's wonderful when the right choices are made, despite our doubts.  Hers is a lovely story, and she will be happy with you now, til the Bridge Babes call her.

I know what you mean about loving them so much and wanting to cuddle when they just don't want to!  But we know that they love us too, in their own, special, individual ways :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 12:44:32 PM »
Thanks Liz.

They do Liz, and dont bring me anything back home, I do love my oldies. Wouldnt go as far as not staying out overnight though, that was one of Gingers downsides, and Tiger would like to keep me up, but I dont give her hte choice!! Molly is wonderful at weekends, if I tell her we aren't getting up yet, she looks at me, and either curls up on my side, or comes under the duvet and goes to sleep - then when I want to get up, she refuses!! Just a shame she doesn't like cuddles, I love her so much I just want to hug her all the time, but she hates it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 12:40:53 PM »
Congrats on your anniversary Des and Molly

Des they are the ones who will love you and not trash your home and taking on 2 oldies as I did 7 years ago was one of the best thing we ever did, they add a wonderful dynamic to a cat household and they always seem greatful, they never stay out over night and love to curl up on the bed with you.

If and when we add to the clan it will be a couple of oldies as 31 of ours are under 8 and the oldies rally are a joy to watch as they whip the youngsters in to shape! :Crazy:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 12:34:16 PM »
Thanks Gill!! Best thing I ever did - the daft part is she has a knack of getting people to fuss her (when she is in the mood of course) and gets under people's skin, yet was in the rescue for at least 8 months before I Took her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 12:32:30 PM »
Happy Special Day to Molly and you  ;D

I remember you debating about Molly and am so pleased she is doing so well  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 12:25:13 PM »
Thanks - I can't believe how much I love this cat at times, she has helped through some bad times, so I think we both got a lot the day I brought her here.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 12:24:02 PM »
Aww, congrats to you and Mollie. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »
Me too, she is such a special girl, people who refuse oldies due to their age are missing out on so much - she is looking gorgeous asleep at the mo, but with being pure black, I know the pic wont show!! Thanks for the compliment, I just wish I had more money to help more oldies.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »
I just love to hear stories like this.  So many people go for kittens and forget that rescues are overloaded with older cats who need homes just as must as kittens do.  Thank God for people like you,more power to you :)
Love me,love my animals.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
IT is also special as I very nearly didn't get Molly, and if I hadn't, she wouldn't be alive today. She was barely eating and just sleeping, the rescue didn't htink she had long left. I had to think overnight before offering, as I had lost 2 cats that year, and wondered if I really could manage another cat that might only have weeks left. But, I put my feelings to one side and offered - intially they said no as they didn't really want to move her, but Molly had other ideas!! And it was the best thing we ever did - she is such a wonderful cat, I love her so much and she has such wonderful quirks - she has sadly lost one of them though, at the rescue (and for the first few weeks here), she laid full length on people and constantly touched their face, like she had to keep them there. It is good that she lost it in a way, as it means she knows this is home.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 09:56:23 AM »
It does - and makes me wonder if now the finances are straight whether I should try and help another oldie have the kind of turnaround she has had. She is also having a special tea (well, they will all have to!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:51:12 AM »
What great news Des ... just goes to show what a bit of TLC and a home environment can do.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Special day
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:25:45 AM »
I have had Molly for 18 months today. I know this sounds like nothing, but I took Molly on thinking she didn't have a lot of time left, and to give her that home environment for the short time she had - when talkign to the rescue yesterday, we didn't even think she had 18 weeks in her when I took her on, never mind 18 months!! I am so pleased and proud that she is still so happy and healthy, and it just shows that sometimes all oldies need is that home environment to go on and flourish - last time the rescue lady came round and met Molly, she didn't recognise her!! It also means she is officially the third longest resident here, that 'record' was previously held by Snowy, at 17 months, it is slightly bittersweet as the only two cats I have 'owned' longer than Molly are both sadly at the bridge - I reckon she will definitely overtake Pebbles 23 months, but not sure she can beat Gingers 4 years - she is 14 now - rescue lady thought she might though!! Will post a pic later, I did take one of her last week.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat