Author Topic: Constant shouting  (Read 3198 times)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: Constant shouting
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 13:45:12 PM »
Thanks. I thought it was probably an age thing, just wanted to rule out anything serious.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 12:12:41 PM »

Paddy used to do this too in his twilight years.  He was HyperT, and deaf, but it seemed to be more of a reassurance thing.  He would always stop if we held, or touched him.   It mainly happened at night. 

Poor Drum.  And poor you.   :hug: :hug:

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 11:01:28 AM »
Our old cat Moses who we lost last year was also pretty deaf, and he used to yowl really loudly in the middle of the night.  Not much help, but maybe its just something deaf older cats do? :doh:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Constant shouting
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 10:28:35 AM »
Drum is driving us a bit  :Crazy: lately.
When she's awake she's almost constantly shouting (she's deaf so I don't think she knows how loud she can be). It's bad enough during the day/evening but it's happening regularly at 2:30 and 5am too!
Usually there's nothing obvious that she wants - she will sometimes just sit in her bed or on the stairs staring at the wall, and shout. Sometimes it's because she wants me to sit on the sofa with her (not always possible).
She's always been quite vocal but this got far worse over the last couple of months.

She seems well in herself and looking pretty good for her age (18), eating, drinking and using her tray as normal.
 This doesn't seem to be the howling that goes with HyperT.
Any ideas? She doesn't seem ill so I don't want to take her to the vet unnecessarily.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 13:43:13 PM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Link to CatChat