Author Topic: Heated cat bed for cat with arthritis  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Heated cat bed for cat with arthritis
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 12:52:15 PM »

I've not had occasion to use on of these for our cats, as Paddy always preferred to snuggle right up against the radiator in his latter years, but I do know of people who use them for their dogs as well as their cats, and report having very happy pets as a result. 

I hope you can get something suitable for your lovely Maine Coon lady, bless her paws.  I can imagine how much it would make movement painful for her, having arthritis and being a larger boned cat. 

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Heated cat bed for cat with arthritis
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 09:32:10 AM »
Lucy has a heated bed to help with her arthritis, I've just bought her a new one for Christmas, cost about £16 from Zooplus. She also has supplements and acupuncture to help, as she doesn't like Metacam.
Please spay your cat

Offline sarah111

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Bora
Heated cat bed for cat with arthritis
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 10:14:26 AM »
Hey guys, I have senior cat, she is 8 years old, almost 9 years old actually. She is struggling from arthritis for about 2-3 years. She is big main coon cat and her weight makes pain even worse I guess.. Also she is sterilized, so gaining weight isn't very hard for her.. It's hard to watch how she is struggling.. Her vet said that heated cat pad could make her feel better... I did my research on internet and read a lot of articles in this topic. High quality orthopedic heated cat beds are expensive, so I need advice from people who used or still uses these kind of cat beds.. For those who do not know what I'm talking about I inserted link with article about heated cat beds, I hope you will find useful information there. Thank you for your answers..
https://petshotspot.com/heated-cat-bed/

Link to CatChat