Author Topic: CP helping landlords  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
CP helping landlords
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 12:42:36 PM »
Came across an article this morning about CP helping housing providers to encourage responsible cat ownership – part of the article “The charity has now drafted an example of a cat policy which social housing providers will be able to download for free from its website – including simple conditions on cat ownership to ensure tenants have their cats neutered, microchipped and vaccinated.”

While obviously I think any steps to encourage responsible ownership, I’m not sure that going down the route of social landlords having policies in place requiring cats to be neutered, chipped and vacc’d is the way to go – how will that be policed, and what will happen if people don’t want/cant’ afford these things, are they just going to abandon cats because it will affect their tenancy? I know CP offer neutering help, but even providing a voucher and offering transport doesn’t always work, and things like vaccinations aren’t a one off. Will be interesting to see if it will be transferred into the private rent market.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat