Author Topic: Black nose  (Read 5559 times)

Offline C9FAL

• Kitten
Re: Black nose
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 23:14:55 PM »
Thank you all

I didn't think it was anything to bad as the vet didn't say anything about it when she went for her check up and jag. We have cleaned it as much as we could with some cotton wool. I guess we should just keep trying to get it as clean as we can.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
How is she now?
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 23:23:21 PM »
She certainly is. :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 20:34:20 PM »
HOW GORGEOUS IS SHE

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 11:24:52 AM »

:evillaugh:  Yup.  Snot.   :innocent:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 09:46:04 AM »
To paraphrase my good friend Sue - it's snot!  :naughty:

Cleo is a little stunner  :Luv2:

ps - This is the perfect place for your question  :hug:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:46:45 AM by Lyn (Slugsta), Reason: ps »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 06:48:07 AM »

This is quite common in kittens, and can have a number of causes.

The first is that some kittens are messy eaters, and will get sloppier kitten food stuck., but it tends to look more like dried on food.

The second is that sometimes when kittens are babies, they are prone to respiratory issues, as their immune systems isn't always fully developed, depending on how their first few weeks have passed (ie kittens who are born to feral or semi feral Mums, or in multi-cat households with cats with outdoor access.)

It doesn't always cause any problems other than the crustiness, so unless Chloe has signs of sniffles or a runny discharge too, I'd suggest just taking a cotton bud or a twist of cotton wool dipped in warm water, and gently cleaning it, if she'll stay still long enough to let you.  After eating and a good play session would be my suggestion, when you see her looking a bit sleepy.  Don't pick at it, just try and dissolve it away. 

It should clear up eventually, but if you're worried about it, you could mention it when she goes for her vaccinations or kitten check if she hasn't already had them. 

She suits fuschia pink.   ;) :Luv:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 22:53:51 PM »
Sorry I can't help with the black nose, but I had to say - oh my, what a little cutie.  With just a hint of mischief about him!!!   :Luv: :Luv:

Offline C9FAL

• Kitten
Black nose
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 22:25:32 PM »
Hi all,

Hope you are all well

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong topic... I'm a first time cat mummy and it's probably a silly question but I'd rather ask to get some help. Does anyone know why my kittens nose is black and looks scabby? Is there anything I can clean it with?

X

Link to CatChat