Author Topic: recommendations for cat insurance for elderly cat  (Read 3307 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: recommendations for cat insurance for elderly cat
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 07:32:29 AM »
OH MY WORD THAT SEEMS EXCESSIVE AND PROBABLY BETTER TO PUT THE MONEY ASIDE IN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT. :hug:

I USE ARGOS AND HAVE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THEM

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 14:28:27 PM »
£15k seems a lot - you'd have to think about quality of life, especially for an elderly cat, if the bill was that high!

I haven't used either of those companies (although I've heard Animal Friends doesn't have the best reputation) but I have my 17-year old tabby insured with Tesco. It's limited to £3k per year or condition but there's only the excess to pay, no percentage of the final bill which a lot of insurers now charge for older cats. And I've found them really easy and helpful to deal with.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 06:26:12 AM »
Bought by Many paid out without any form filling and no bother.   They contacted vet direct.  It was pretty straightforward claim though.  I've got the two youngsters covered on standard policies with no excess in case of accidents.

Insurance so very expensive now for elderly cats.  We went the savings route some years ago and now have a relatively decent pot for the other five but vet charges seem to have soared in last few years.

Offline fairy100

• Kitten
  • Slave to: incognito
recommendations for cat insurance for elderly cat
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 00:41:28 AM »
Trying to decide between "bought by many" and "animal friends" for my elderly cat - both expensive policies (one up to £6,000 per condition per year cover and the other £15,000 total per year with the latter having some dental cover). Really want to know if someone used either of these and if they were good at paying out when needed. IAre we really likely to ever use £15,000 worth of insurance? If anyone has another insurer they recommend that would be very useful too. Thanks very much.

Link to CatChat