Author Topic: GPS collars for cats.  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: GPS collars for cats.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 07:58:42 AM »
Tyranny, am very sorry to hear you too are mourning the disappearance of one of your beloved babies.  Sending strong vibes to you.  Lesley, thinking of you too.

Ditto, and thinking of you both, I hope that your cats return home soon. :Luv2:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 07:51:09 AM »
Tyranny, am very sorry to hear you too are mourning the disappearance of one of your beloved babies.  Sending strong vibes to you.  Lesley, thinking of you too. 

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Oliver, Basil, Ben and the late, great Morticia and Buster
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 07:44:05 AM »
I am really sorry that your cat is missing. My Oliver has been missing for nearly 3 months now. I am still waiting for the Pawtrack to be delivered they keep extending the delivery time to the extent that i am seriously thinking about cancelling until they get their act together.

I am sure that your cat will return but I understand how worrying it is for you. 

Offline tryanny23

• Kitten
  • Slave to: maggie
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 07:29:09 AM »
It has been 3 weeks, one of my cats is still missing, kind of regret not to put the GPS collar when I travel overseas. The petsitter has done everything to keep my cats in good perimeter but maybe my cat want to explore the neighbourhood, I really hope my cat will come back home

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 19:52:08 PM »
Thanks Sue, I have decided to buy one Pawtracker to see how it works but it won't be available until end of May. I will let you know how it goes.  The Loc8tor tracker gave me peace for a while but its failure to help me find Ollie this time has made me realise that it's not enough.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 15:45:21 PM »
Understandable dilemma.  I only know 2 people who've used tracking collars but both have found the collars become detached and are a mixed blessing.

Had a look at the pawtracker and it does look good.  May is almost here.  Why not try one I initially to see what you think.  If you're happy with it, then you could get collars for all three.   :hug:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 15:45:55 PM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
GPS collars for cats.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 10:46:10 AM »
I am going through  yet another lost cat panic. After Basil went missing for 5 weeks 5 years ago I bought Loc8tor radio frequency collars for the 3 cats.  2 months ago I was able to locate Oliver when he was trapped in a neighbour's garage thanks to the collar. Now Ollie has gone missing again and this time the tracker is proving to be useless. Maybe he is out of range or the collar has stopped working ( unlikely as it's a new one) . Anyway, I am investigating the possibility of getting gps collars for the other 2 and of course Ollie but I don't want to wait until he returns.  In the past the gps collars have seemed to be so big and clunky for cats so I haven't bothered but now I am frantic and am more motivated to actually buy something. Has anyone any opinion of their usefulness for cats? I was looking at Pawtrack online which seems more cat-friendly but it's not available until May. Any advice or opinions will be welcome. Thank you.

Link to CatChat