Author Topic: Oliver missing - nearly 2 weeks now  (Read 25458 times)

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Oliver, Basil, Ben and the late, great Morticia and Buster
Re: Oliver missing - nearly 2 weeks now
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 19:56:14 PM »
 I can't even look her in the eye. I was just speechless with rage. I wouldn't care but she has cats of her own.  Thank you for caring and keep those positive vibes coming.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 13:51:10 PM »
It's the most torturous feeling.  Helpless agonising. 

I've got to say I don't know how you kept your temper with your neighbour - I'd have gone ballistic. 

Our Malt disappeared for a week last summer and like you, I tried everything I could to find her.  At first I couldn't sense anything either but I then had a growing conviction she wasn't dead, but was close by.  She'd got trapped in a garage when the people had gone on holiday and when they came back she shot out and legged it home.

I am keeping everything crossed that you will get Oliver back and I'm so sorry that once again you're having to endure this on your own.  :hug:

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
HI Sue, yes it is 5 years almost to the day when Basil went missing. He returned after about 5 weeks having obviously been trapped. There is more to this story because in August of that year my neighbour said she thought he may have been trapped under her house because they kept hearing a cat crying!  Seriously i was livid with her - she knew we were looking for him and we had been over there twice in the first week because they were doing work on the house so he could easily got in and trapped.  All she needed to do was tell me what she was hearing and I'd have been there like a shot. Just like with Basil my husband is now away for 7 weeks so I am having to deal with this myself. with Basil I felt very certain that he was still alive, even when I eventually decided that I would never see him again - I never gave up hope. This time it's different - I cannot 'feel or sense ' anything about Ollie other than a fear he is trapped, suffering  and I can't help him. It's almost like I have already given up even if I really haven't. Sorry to keep rambling on but I know everyone here knows how this feels. 

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 20:10:39 PM »
I think I recall when Basil was missing.   :hug: :hug:

Having stood where you are now, my heart goes out to you.  Am sending the strongest possible vibes for Oliver and hoping you'll be reunited soon.  I truly wish that for you xxx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 19:33:01 PM »
I have been frantic when one of mine has been missing for a day, so I do sympathise. :hug: :hug: :hug: I do think that you are doing all that you can do. Praying for Ollie's safe return and sending 'Get your Ar*e home' vibes to him and hugs for you and yours. :care: :care: :care: :blow kiss: :blow kiss:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 14:51:31 PM »
thank you Jezbell, Ollie is chipped and I have informed the company that he is lost. I should mention that I live in France which tends to add a layer of difficulty to things - language,  plus the French tend not to think of pets as family members, especially cats which they think are expendable!  I have also told the vets.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 13:50:22 PM »
Sorry to hear this, I've been through it myself and I remember how awful it was not knowing where he was or what had happened. (He came back after two weeks, looking thin and bewildered!)

If Oliver isn't chipped, you could try phoning the local cat rescues and vets in case he's been handed in.

Plenty of missing cats turn up weeks, even months later so try to stay positive.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
Oliver missing - nearly 2 weeks now
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
I am posting this just to get things off my chest. My 13 year old cat Oliver has been missing for 11 days now. He has never done this before. The longest he has stayed out is 24 hours until a few months ago when after nearly 48 hours we tracked him to a nearby house where he had obviously sneaked in then freaked out when the was found by the people. They knew we were looking for him so came to tell us.  I subsequently found out that he had also sneaked into the house next door one day and just casually walked out of the bedroom into the living room then outside.  naturally I am now completely freaked out imagining that he is now trapped somewhere and I can't get to him in time.  He wears a radio- frequency collar which is how I found him the first time but this time, it is not responding when I have searched for him. he may have lost it or it may not be working or, he is just out of range.  I have posted flyers through mail boxes asking everyone to please check he is not trapped in a garage or shed etc.i have also followed-up in person as much as I can. There are no businesses around us, only houses so I hope wherever he is the manages to escape before it's too late.  I am searching his known territory daily and calling for him but essentially I am just praying that he manages to escape and come home. My other cat Basil went missing 5 years ago and came back after 5 weeks - I suspect that he too was trapped in a neighbours basement despite my physically looking there twice in the first week. During Basil's absence I made myself ill with worry so this time i am trying to be positive - maybe Ollie has just got a bit lost or is having an adventure.  I could really do with some good vibes right now and please send them to Ollie too.

Link to CatChat