Author Topic: Incontinence in cat  (Read 3731 times)

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
Re: Incontinence in cat
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 18:54:35 PM »
the fact the cat has no insurance is no prob, have pm you, please contact me as worried about this cat

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 17:49:28 PM »
Unfortunately the cat is not insured. Prob cost a fortune to go and see Noel :(

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 23:24:14 PM »
Can I suggest some up to date x-rays with a referral to the super vet Noel Fitzpatrick. I have just watch one of his programs and a dog had this problems for several years and nobody had found the issue, Noel did and operated, after the recovery weeks there was no sign of any mishaps. ( this was an op on the spine)
The only other thing would be to invest in a mountain of news paper spread down and around the house,which would be easier to clean up, also plastic sheeting under soft furnishings ie: actual duvets, cushion foam etc. I did this for one of my old cats but unfortunately she past away.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 23:58:51 PM »
She has tried cat nappies but he just ripped them off :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »
its not ideal but you can buy nappies

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 18:27:20 PM »
SORRY NO SUGGESTIONS BUT THINK PROBABLY LIKE YOU THAT THIS SOMETHING ONE JUST HAS TO LIVE WITH

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
Incontinence in cat
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 23:54:46 PM »
I do a bit of pet sitting now and again and this week I looked after 2 cats, one who only has one eye and the other had a traumatic event 3 years ago when he fell from a window and got nerve damage to his spine (I think). He is now incontinent. he is a lovely cat, black and fluffy but walks a bit lop sided. He leaves lots of puddles and dribbles, and the odd poo falls out.  Her vet has tried lots of things, medication wise but nothing helped. Has anyone ever had a cat with this and found anything that helps? I have been reading about collagen injections into bladder neck, acupuncture as well. She lives in a rented house and sadly it does smell a bit weeey, even though she works from home and mops up all the time. Any suggestions would be very helpful. :)

Link to CatChat