Author Topic: Now jess is ill  (Read 4694 times)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
Re: Now jess is ill
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 09:31:01 AM »
Very pleased to say that the antibiotics have done the trick and no more issues :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 08:52:59 AM »
Hope that things are going well with Jess.   :)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 19:07:56 PM »
 :crossed: :hug: :hug: :hug:

How is DD doing?
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 06:03:11 AM »
She's doing okay, her tummy issues cleared up while she was on her antibiotics but then seemed to flare up once she'd finished them, but this last few days it seems to have settled again, so fingers crossed it's sorted

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 22:25:04 PM »
How is Jess going? :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 13:07:54 PM »
Glad that it showed something simple, good luck getting ab's in her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 23:26:53 PM »
You could try the Lick E Lix yoghurt things with the pill crushed into it, most cats go nuts for those. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hide my cats wormers at the bottom of a pile of Felix Crispies, I think it was Jason Galaxy, but it was definitely on either Purrs or Kibble cat, the first mouthful a cat has is a taster, by the fourth they just gobble down, since I read that my cats have taken the Milbumax wormer perfectly. I hope that helps, it also works with palatable AB's. Good Luck. :Luv:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 22:14:17 PM »
She's a nightmare to give drugs to, just happens I'm at work tomorrow so dh is going to have to do the first doses, she spat her worming tablet out about 8 times, would love to be a fly on the wall

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 19:41:43 PM »
That's a relief

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 16:37:40 PM »
Vet has phoned she's got a stomach infection and hopefully a course of antibiotics should clear it up

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 15:19:30 PM »
Bearing in mind you're bound to be worried right now, I would give the Vet a quick call, and ask if they can provide any info on why the test results may be later than anticipated.  I suspect it may be the Easter holidays getting in the way, but if you chase it up with the Vet they may be able to offer more helpful advice.   :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 15:04:59 PM »
When we took Bella yesterday, I asked if jess stool results were back and there not, it's been a week now, quite worried is something serious if there not back (was originally told about 2 days)
Ontop of that she's had a very bad bout of diarrhoea today, she partially missed the tray. Not sure if it's coincidence it's today, but she's just wondering round the house looking sad, I don't know if that's flairing up whatever it is

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 21:56:17 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: Everything crossed that whatever is wrong with Jess is easily treated. :Luv:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 16:26:47 PM »
the vet also mentioned jess maybe stressed due to picking up on Bella being ill, and that's triggered this
Exactly my thoughts - one of mine used to turn into the Phantom Piddler :shify: when stressed.  I hope you have some positive news next week.  :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 12:55:26 PM »
Might be next tuesday/Wednesday before we hear anything about the stool sample due to Easter. She's a bit better since we switched her back onto dry food, the vet also mentioned jess maybe stressed due to picking up on Bella being ill, and that's triggered this

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 12:44:21 PM »
I've got everything crossed for Jess.  Here's hoping you don't have to wait too long to find out what is going on.   :hug: :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:09:31 AM »
She's 4, the good bit of news is that she's actually gained some weight, she's always been slight but in the last year has gained 0.5kg so she is absorbing what she's eating

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 10:06:27 AM »
Fingers crossed it is something easily treated,how old is she?
Please spay your cat

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
Now jess is ill
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 09:57:12 AM »
Jess has always had a delicate stomach, but over the last month it's got worst, random bouts of diarrhoea. Vets last night with her,  could be infection, ibs, food intolerance. Have just managed to obtain a stool sample from her,  I'm really hoping it's something simple, I don't know how I'll cope if it's something serious :(

Link to CatChat