Author Topic: Stage 2 kidney disease.  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Stage 2 kidney disease.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 12:48:14 PM »
Sorry to hear about Miffy, I personally would have her re-tested after her urine infection has been treated, as both those and dentals can affect kidney values.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Stage 2 kidney disease.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 17:48:23 PM »
Hello Berry.

Welcome back, and hello to the adorable Miffy & Pringle.

I'm so sorry that you've had a blow like this so soon after Berry's diagnosis.  I dont personally have any advice to offer, but there are a number of Purrs members who have experience of this and who will no doubt be able to guide and advise you.

Meanwhile, sending gentle snoozles to Miffy and Pringle.  They're just stunning!   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Berry

• Kitten
Stage 2 kidney disease.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 16:09:30 PM »
Hi everyone. I posted on here almost a year ago when my cat Berry was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Since then I’ve adopted two cats, Miffy and Pringle, brother and sister aged 8.

Both of them suffer from tooth resorption and Miffy went in for a dental this week. While she was there, they took some blood and urine and found out that she has stage 2 kidney disease. The vet said it’s the early part of stage 2, she doesn’t need any medication yet but will need to be on a special kidney diet. Her urine is very diluted which means the kidneys aren’t working as they should, but they didn’t find any protein in her urine which is a good thing. She has a mild urinary infection so she needs antibiotics.

Does anyone have any experience with kidney disease in cats? I’ve found Tanya’s CRF site but there’s so much information that it’s quite overwhelming.

I’ve attached a picture of Miffy and Pringle. Miffy is the one on the right. Pringle, on the left, is her mischievous brother.  :Luv:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 22:11:20 PM by Berry »

Link to CatChat