Author Topic: A strange thing happened this morning  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
Re: A strange thing happened this morning
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 13:03:36 PM »
Don't think so Sue, in fact we try to give him as much attention as he'll accept, he loves being fussed over and head butts but he won't entertain being picked up and he won't sit on your knee. Think it's just Butter causing trouble for Meadow  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 12:41:05 PM »
  I could be completely wide of the mark here, but I wonder if Butter is feeling a little put out by Meadow's arrival - not in a way where he behaves aggressively, but perhaps he feels he has to compete for your attention a little more than previously? 

I can just picture him plotting ways to dob meadow in it.   :evillaugh:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 17:24:01 PM »
He hasn't been out when we've gone to bed yet so not sure.  What i do know is though! he's doing his hardest to get Meadow into trouble  :naughty: he'll go over to play and a minute later he's growling  :innocent: but we aren't falling for his little games  :evillaugh:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 07:18:33 AM »
How is Butter behaving now?
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 22:34:25 PM »
It's not separation anxiety Paula because he only meows every now and then. It's the pouncing at me that he's never done before. I'm a carer for a family member so he's never left alone for more than a few hours at a time.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 01:10:54 AM »
I don't know if you work or leave your home for long periods of time, but maybe a bit of separation anxiety?????????? Strange that it has happened all of a sudden. Has anything changed his routine?
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 20:09:24 PM »
I also meant to mention that if we go to bed before he comes in at night he starts meowing so i go to settle him. Well a few nights ago he dove at my leg so I put him on the chair and he dove at me and clamped his legs around my neck  :shocked: he's never done anything like that before  :-:  he wasn't angry, it was more "don't leave me" because he was purring all the time

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 18:58:51 PM »
Sounds like he was just over-stimulated, bless him.    :shy:

• Hero Cat
A strange thing happened this morning
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 17:53:28 PM »
Just before i got up this morning i was playing bed mouses with Butter. I had my arm in between the duvet and the throw on top and he was clamping his legs around me when he started acting funny and proceeded to start humping my arm  :shocked: :-[ :-[
Surely he shouldn't be doing that seeing as it's been over two years since he was neutered  :shify:

Link to CatChat