Author Topic: Feliway V Pet Remedy?  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Feliway V Pet Remedy?
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 06:43:34 AM »
I love Zylkene - it's wonder stuff! 

Interesting about the new Feliway.  I'll bear that in mind.  I always found the Pet Remedy went down better with our 3, but I suspect much might depend on the individual cats.

Paula, am wondering if Bob's chip isn't working.  has it been scanned at the Vet?  Just that happened with us with Malt - bless her, the flap just would not work for her, and it was heartbreaking seeing how frustrated and upset she would get at trying to make it work.  We thought it was the flap, although it was fine with Barley and Moray.  Turns out, when we did manage to get her back to the vet, the chip had failed, and we had to get her re-chipped.   No wonder it's such a battle for us to get the gurlies into a cat carrier these days.  They must've had around 5 visits to the vet in their first four months with us.

That said, I think Lupin will respond well to the added stimulus of having more freedom to explore, and hope that it can be made to work withou

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 22:28:44 PM »
I remember that you used to find the Zylkene really helpful Paula, so I hope it does the trick  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 21:58:25 PM »
I do have a microchip cat flap, but for some reason it won't accept Bob's so it's disabled. I got it to stop feeding the neighbourhood cats, especially the ginger tom who would come in and spray.

Thanks Liz, I had forgotten about the Zylkene, I still have a load of it in date from when I introduced Merlin last year. :doh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 21:03:51 PM »
Zylkene and either of the plug ins work here if required usually the bolshie teenage crew are on Zylkene when they try and do the bully boy tactics and Mummy won't allow that!

Have a you a microchip cat flap that way they could not get out so to speak but yours retain full access - have a mate with this set up and it works for her
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 20:59:38 PM »
Callie and Monty go through phases of fighting especially when a cat outside the house stalks around the garden. I have started using the Feliway friends  which is a newer type version of the feliway and I have found it works quite well. It's not cheap though. I hope you can get it sorted out and they can live in harmony Paula.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Feliway V Pet Remedy?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 20:42:57 PM »
What do peeps think?

Lupin obviously needs the stimulation of other rooms, although not the great outdoors, but I can really live without Pirate spraying the curtains and Merlin spraying me. Any feedback would be good. I have tried both before, I am tending towards Pet Remedy, but would like suggestions before I spend loads of pennies.

Ta muchly, especially from Liz having a very multi cat household if she reads this.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Link to CatChat