Author Topic: Food for 'senior' cats  (Read 3104 times)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Re: Food for 'senior' cats
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 14:00:24 PM »
Mine are senior and still eat normal Felix/Sheba.  Robbie will occassionally have the senior brand of Felix but they don't get anything special. I certainly wouldn't be buying vet food unless it was essential!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: Food for 'senior' cats
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 11:18:53 AM »
Don't forget that you're not obliged to buy Hills (or any other brand) from the vet - you can find it cheaper online (try zooplus.com or vetshop.co.uk).

One of our 17-year olds has Royal Canin Senior Consult Stage 2 wet food which seems to be really good for her coat. There's a Stage 1 for slightly younger cats, and there's a dry version.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:24:20 AM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Oliver, Basil, Ben and the late, great Morticia and Buster
Food for 'senior' cats
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »
My 3 boys have all been declared 'seniors' by the vet. They are 12,11 and 10 approx. We currently feed them wet and dry food . The vet wants us to feed them Hills Vet Essentials Mature Adult dry food. As this is only available from vets I am a bit sceptical and would like to investigate alternative food. I'm not unwilling to buy special food for them but I'd rather have more choice. - our vet already does very nicely from us thanks very much!
Does anyone have advice for a decent brand for seniors. We are in France but we can probably find things online.  Thanks very much.

Link to CatChat