Author Topic: BONFIRE NIGHT  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: BONFIRE NIGHT
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 20:05:38 PM »
My cat's aren't particularly bothered, but Misa is. Bob did jump a bit when the people directly across the road sent up a few really loud ones, but apart from that............. I also worry about the effects on the Hedgehogs and such having their foraging hours eaten into. :'(
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 18:41:16 PM »
Mosi and Kito aren't bothered by them which is great.  I think one of the problems is that when we know they get scared we get nervous and they then pick up on our body language and sense that we are worried so get even more scared.  I think that's what happened a bit with me and Jaffa.  I was worried that he would be scared.  With Mosi and Kito luckily I can just act normal and that helps them to think that there is nothing to worry about (unlike me falling out of the shower which made Mosi very worried, lol!).

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 18:16:56 PM »
The pops have started here again tonight. Some people have no respect and more money than sense! >:( :censored:Idiots. Seriously it'll be like this most nights until The New Year. >:(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 17:20:17 PM »
YER SAME HERE - MUST'VE WANTED TO SHOW OFF THAT THEY HAD SOME LEFT AFTER BONFIRE NIGHT. IDIOTS >:(

MARY
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 09:35:29 AM »
We had a load starting around 8.30 last night, couldn't work out why
Please spay your cat

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 21:08:49 PM »

I managed to get some feliway for the Hoolies. worked wonders.  They slept on the windowsill it didn't bother them one bit this year

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 01:45:16 AM »
THE PICS ARE GOOD BUT I DON'T LIKE THE BLOKE'S VOICE, HE AIN'T NO DAVID ATTENBOROUGH  ;)

I THINK STANLEY WOULD BE DAMAGING MY SCREEN ON MY LAPTOP IF I SHOWED IT TO HIM :evillaugh:

MARY
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 15:34:28 PM »
I came across this last year - Robbie loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0xL2Q7D384&feature=share

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »
SOUNDS LIKE WE MIGHT BE 80% O.K. WITH OUR LITTLE LOVES  :hug

A FEW NOISY ONES WENT OFF HERE LAST NIGHT AND STANLEY JUST STAYED BY THE FIRE WITH ONE EYE OPEN A LITTLE BIT ;) :Luv2:

FINGERS CROSSED FOR THEM ALL :hug: :hug:

MARY

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 07:17:42 AM »
I am putting a radio in the room today, it may help mask the sounds of the fireworks.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 00:41:11 AM »
LUPIN ALWAYS WATCHES FROM THE WINDOW SILL AND POOR MISA IS SO VERY SCARED  :( :(  I CANT REMEMBER WHAT SASA DID BUT THINK SHE WASNT BOTHERED.

ITS A VERY HARD TIME OF THE YEAR.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 20:25:47 PM »
I was surprised by Lucy, she hates loud noises, even jumps at sneezes, but yet not bothered by fireworks! Not sure what the fosters will be like
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 20:25:34 PM »
I lied! This is the first year that a young family have moved in opposite, they have just let off a few extraordinarily loud fireworks and the cats have been scattering everywhere. Gawd knows what they have planned for the main event! >:(

Just checked The Lodgers, Lupin was watching from the windowsill, Sasa hadn't turned a hair and Misa couldn't have got further under the chest of drawers if he had tunnelled into the wall. :'(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 18:53:10 PM »
I used to have terrible trouble with Trouble, at the first bangs he would try and bury himself in the side of my thigh. None of these are that bothered, but I do put the radio on in the kitchen and turn the TV up a bit to mask some of the louder bangs.

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 16:08:24 PM »
We're lucky with Butter, he's not bothered by the fireworks going off, we just have to worry about our nerves because the catflap will be locked. I've heard that playing fireworks sounds in the run up to it helps them a lot and also leaving them to stay somewhere dark and without making a fuss of them helps too

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 14:41:52 PM »
Thanks Mary.

Always a tricky time of year, though thankfully this year, we've had very few pre-Guy Fawkes fireworks.  I expect tonight and tomorrow night will be busier, and possibly Sunday itself. 

Where we live now is generally much better than where we previously lived, where fireworks were virtually nightly for a good two or three weeks beforehand. 

I agree about playing music which is a bit more upbeat.

None of our three are bothered now.  The first year we had the Gurlies they were terrified, but last year, they sat at the windows and watched the display. 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
BONFIRE NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 13:39:48 PM »
HERE IT IS AGAIN AND I IMAGINE SOME OF YOU HAVE HAD SOME FIREWORKS ALREADY AND WILL DO FOR A WEEK OR MORE IN SOME AREAS :(

ANY TIPS ARE GREATLY RECEIVED EACH YEAR  :hug:

I WAS WATCHING THE VET ON 'THIS MORNING' YESTERDAY AND HE SAID TO PLAY HOUSE MUSIC RATHER THAN SOMETHING SOOTHING AS IT WILL MIX IN WITH THE LOUD BANGS.  START THE MUSIC OF LOW AND GET A BIT HIGHER EACH MINUTE OR SO.  HE ALSO SAID THAT MEDS YEAR AFTER YEAR ARE NOT GOOD FOR OUR PETS. TOO MANY CUDDLES COULD MAKE THEM PRETEND THEY ARE SCARED JUST TO GET A CUDDLE AND ANOTHER ONE AND ANOTHER ONE ;)

STANLEY'S FIRST TIME WITH ME SO DO NOT KNOW HOW HE IS GONNA BE, FINGERS CROSSED COS IT'S ALWAYS QUIET IN MY HOUSE, PERHAPS I SHOULD ORGANISE A RAVE  ;)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND LOTS OF PEACEFUL VIBES TO ALL OUR PUDDY CATS, DOGS, HAMSTERS, SNAKES ETC.

MARY

Link to CatChat