Author Topic: flea treatment advice for a kitten  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: flea treatment advice for a kitten
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 14:55:14 PM »
I used the Advantage spot on for my kittens and it works a treat, she is more in danger of anaemia from the fleas bites that she is from under 4kilo Advantage. She is well over 8 weeks as you have had her for 7 weeks. Well done you for taking on another furbabe.

Now we need photos of all your cats. We love pics on here. :wow:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: flea treatment advice for a kitten
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 14:29:28 PM »
Drizzle, bless you for taking on this little one.  As long as you use the advantage spot on for small cats you should be fine.  Apply it to the back of her neck, parting the fur to ensure it reaches her skin.  What's her name?

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
flea treatment advice for a kitten
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:57:44 AM »
Hi Guys,

I found a kitten in my garden brush on the 31st of August, and after trying to find her home, no one seemed to know a thing, so shes become the newest additional. When she arrived she was soo tiny, we estimated around 6-8weeks old. She was weaned and half littered trained. Shes been with us for just under 7 weeks and shes got fleas, even though my cats are treated monthly. Therefore we are looking to treat her as well. I have Advantages spot ons for below 4kg cats. Can i use this on her? I read the packaging and it says it can be used from 8 weeks. She is still a kitten and with everything but her currently treated, the flea are basically all jumping on her or myself. I have used RIP Flea spray on the whole house and cleaned all bedding and clothing on a high wash. I just want to make sure i am not letting my fear stop her from getting treatment i have in my cardboard and therefore suffering, or if i am right and need to get a different type? nothing is very clear on packaging and ive never had a kitten on my own before, normally my mum has sorted this out and shes said it will be ok but i guess hearing stories of kittens dying as scared me. xx

Link to CatChat