Author Topic: Purrs Mini Auction 2017  (Read 4972 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Purrs Mini Auction 2017
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 22:44:33 PM »
I have a few bits and pieces, only a couple cat related. I have some jewelry that I really want to lose, my ex bought it, it isn't to my taste and I know it was vetoed at the last auction as it was offered for less than the scrap value, I don't care. I just want it gone.

November now, must start taking photos. ;D
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 21:58:58 PM »
Some great nominations so far.  I don't have any nominations as I'm not familiar enough the ins and not outs of any particular rescue but the nominations so far all get my vote.  Can I vote for them all?  :innocent:

Really looking forward to a mini auction.  I was just thinking before I toddle off to bed whether there was some way we could get a mini auction up and running this year, and what could I suggest but you're all way ahead of me!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2017, 20:12:16 PM »
Am allowed to talk about our plans now. Due to the amount of animals needing help, our current premises are too small, so we are looking to buy some land so we can expand, and help more animals. We are also hoping it will mean we can offer more volunteering opportunities to people who may struggle with a job, so they can gain experience - we have had volunteers who were struggling with depression who are now back in full time work, and we even have a blind lady who walks the dogs.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 17:33:31 PM »
LIKE A LOT OF YOU I WOULD HAVE GONE FOR SHEILA GETTING THE MONEY AGAIN BUT:

I WANT TO BRING YOUR ATTENTION TO ALLERTON CAT RESCUE, WHERE I ADOPTED STANLEY :Luv2:

BRENDA WAS AWARDED THE INTERNATIONAL FUND FOR ANIMAL WELFARE, ANIMAL ACTION AWARD LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD IN 2002.

WHEN I SPOKE TO HER THE OTHER DAY ON THE PHONE SHE WAS TELLING ME ABOUT THE OWNER OF A LARGE CURRY RESTAURANT IN BRADFORD THAT HAS LOADS AND LOADS OF CATS IN HIS GARDEN AND SHE HAS HEARD RUMOURS THEY ARE GOING IN THE CURRIES.  I PRAY TO GOD THE RUMOURS ARE WRONG.

WHEN 2 OF THE VOLUNTEERS AND BRENDA'S DAUGHTER BROUGHT STANLEY TO ME WE ALL HAD A CHAT ABOUT CATS AND THE THINGS THEY TOLD ME WERE AMAZING. HEARTBREAKING STORIES TURNED IN TO FANTASTIC ENDINGS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY DO WITH ALL THE MONEY THEY GET FROM FUND RAISING ALL YEAR AROUND AND THE CHARITY SHOP THEY HAVE. JEAN HAS BEEN 3 TIMES TO COLLECT A LOAD OF STUFF FROM ME AS I HAVE BEEN DOWN SIZING SINCE I CAME TO MY SENSES :rofl: :rofl:

SHE WAS AWARDED A SPECIALLY CREATED LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD  ON 4TH DECEMBER 2013 AT THE BANQUETING SUITE, CITY HALL BRADFORD. BOTH HER AND HER HUSBAND PETER WERE THRILLED. BRENDA HAD HAD OVER 400 NOMINATIONS WHICH WAS THE MOST IN ANY OF THE CATEGORIES THAT NIGHT.

BRENDA HAS HER OWN WEBSITE AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TOO FOR YOU TO TAKE A LOOK AT:

http://allertoncatrescue.co.uk/brenda-and-team/

THEY WERE SPOT ON WHEN THEY SAID STANLEY AND I WERE MADE FOR EACH OTHER, MY DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY ATTACKS HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER AND I SWEAR MY MUM AND BONNIE HAD HELPING HANDS AND PAWS IN HIM COMING IN TO MY LIFE NO I DO NOT HAVE THEM BOTH.  I WILL ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL FOR STANLEY :hug: :Luv2:

MARY AND STANLEY XX

Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 00:27:29 AM »
I NOMINATE SHEILA, I KNOW HER AND SHE DOES SUCH GREAT WORK AND KNOW SHE WAS ETERNALLY GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALL DONATION WE MADE LAST YEAR.

HAVE TO SAY WHEN I WAS WAITING TO LEAVE HOSPITAL I READ THAT THREAD AND WE ALL HAD SO MUCH FUN IT REALLY WARMED MY HEART.

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 00:38:49 AM »
I would like to nominate Paws Inn.  I will declare an interest as James and Christopher were there before they came to live with me.

There isn’t as much news from Paws Inn on Purrs as there used since Teresa Pawcats died five years ago, not least because Rob, her husband, is “no good with computers”.  Carol has provided occasional updates but she has other things on her mind these days.

It’s a smaller operation than it was but it is still rescuing and rehoming cats via Cat Chat and their own website.  They also have some permanent residents unsuitable for rehoming.

Paws Inn was on the rota for the monthly draw, now discontinued.  I have huge admiration for Sheila and what she has achieved in such a short time with WFC but they received the proceeds from last year’s mini-auction.  Paws Inn is a small, independent rescue for whom an auction for their benefit would make a huge difference.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »
Thank you for the thought Pandora :hug: :hug: :hug:, but I would rather the money went to a bona fide charity, please don't put me up. I only have as many cats as I can afford, Rescues don't have that luxury.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 20:45:07 PM »
Thanks for the thought, but I have always volunteered for a charity, it's been some of my own cats that werent.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 18:50:47 PM »
I nominate Sheila and Waltham Forest again a special lady and we are fine for stuff but thanks for considering us - we both work to have the Clan cats and dogs and are having a rough patch just now with 3 of our senior boys going in the last 12 weeks and young River Bengal missing x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 18:20:47 PM »
Thanks Rosella xxxx

Yes any individual or group involved in cat rescue can be nominated and will be in the poll for members to choose. The most important thing is that the cats in care are well looked after and the rescue/ individual is trusted to spend the funds on the needy cats. Sadly we have been duped in the past and the last thing we all want is for the funds not to go to to the cat's.

Each member will have two votes in the poll.  The rescue with the most votes will be checked by me if it's one / person we don't know much about.

Brilliant nominations so far

Xxxx

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 17:31:38 PM »
No disrespect to any charity but these days they can go onto various places on the internet to raise funds, how about thinking about the long term people who cannot be a charity because they are on their own ie:- Liz, Paula (Juudecat ), Desley (booktiger), they have dedicated years of caring to cats and have been active members of this forum and other places before this forum existed.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 14:57:55 PM »

On FB I've indicated only Purrs members with "adult Cat" status and above to enter Rescue suggestions Tan.

I don't know if that's what you intend though  :shy: I just thought maybe a bit unfair that new members suggestions/votes would carry same weight as long timers and don't know if you plan to have auction within members only section that you have to be at least an Adult Cat member to access?  :shy: :shy:  Am I complicating things for no good reason?  :-[

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 14:19:48 PM »
Yes definitely :) thanks hun
Xxxxx

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 13:38:14 PM »

I have posted link on FB Tan.  Hope that's OK.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/91388455703/

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 13:26:51 PM »
Yeap all cat rescues can be nominated and all will go into a poll for votes. Best way I can fink of a selection :) and it opens it up for all good caring rescues.
Xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 12:23:12 PM »
Can I nominate the rescue I volunteer for? PAWS, in Todmorden - we have some current plans that I don't know if I'm allowed to make public yet.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 07:44:29 AM »
And of course Sheila.   :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 05:42:04 AM »
Wor Emma's Westgate Ark.  Always grateful for our three and the way they just get on with rescue.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 04:09:06 AM »
Looking like Sheila, doesn't it? ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 23:53:53 PM »
Sheila 😊😊😊😊

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 22:19:48 PM »
I believe that Rons Lost Cats Brighton is still running, but if not, deffo wor Sheila. I only say about Brighton as I know they were struggling to relocate after being given notice to quit.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 22:18:19 PM »
Great idea ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 20:27:02 PM »
Our Wonderful Sheila and Waltham Forest CP :)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Purrs Mini Auction 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 20:23:13 PM »
Hi hunnies :)
As promised we will be running a Mini Auction this year to help a cat rescue.

The dates of the auction will be starting on Sunday 26th November 2017 and will run for 1 week to Sunday 3rd December 2017.
It will be run on the forum boards. More details , instructions etc will be posted in due course.

We won't be getting any sponsor goodies this year so will be dependant on members listing goodies for the auction. Plus there will be lots of fab Purrs goodies up for frantic bidding on. 😃

Now for the important bit .... selection of the cat rescue

Because there have been changes over the last couple of years to the cat rescues on Purrs, the rescue that is chosen for the auction funds will be nominated and voted by the members each year.

You may nominate any cat rescue either independent or a branch in the UK but Please ensure the cat rescue nominated is a good rescue with excellent care for the needy babes. This is to ensure the funds are indeed spent on the needy cats.

The nominations will be open until 31st October and then all nominees will be entered in a poll for voting. The rescue with the most votes will have the funds from this year's auction.

So to start with Please post in this thread your nominations for the cat rescue to receive funds from this years auction.

Really looking forward to havin a week of fun and larfs while helpin the furkids in rescue.
Spread the word on the auction and I hope we will have a good crowd joining in.
Xx

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 20:25:47 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat