Author Topic: A gift from his lordship  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: A gift from his lordship
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 07:08:43 AM »
It was, Lyn.  It was magical.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 17:36:11 PM »
What a treat that must have been Sue!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 07:16:27 AM »
    Anyone who says that cats don't have the musculature to have facial expressions are severely misguided           

I so agree, Paula.  And sounds like Jude was astonished at her own prowess at capturing a winged monster  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:   

About 7 years ago, when we still had Tess, we were walking from Boat of Garten back to Nethy Bridge.  On the edges of Loch Garten nature reserve we stumbled across what - at any other time of the year - would just look like a still green pond in a wood fringed clearing. 

But on that particular day of glorious sunshine and clear blue skies, the air was filled with jewelled darts and flashes in a myriad of electric hues. 

There were thousands of dragonflies - they were hovering in the air above us, checking us out, and stunning us with their aerial displays. 

They were blue, green, red, black, small, large and all sizes in between.  We sat and watched them for a good half hour, and even Tess was transfixed, especially when they landed on her ears and nose, making her sneeze.  She made no move to chase or harm them, and seemed as entranced as we were.  I'll never forget that day.   ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 21:10:00 PM »
Yet another offering to The Gods Of Small Things. :'(

I am sure I said before, but Jude leapt repeatedly at a humongous green dragonfly, she finally caught it between her front paws, landing hard on her back and she was so shocked that she saw it there, she opened her paws and released it unharmed. I rolled up, the look on her face was priceless.
 Anyone who says that cats don't have the musculature to have facial expressions are severely misguided. :naughty:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 20:43:04 PM »
Aww poor little mousie  :( :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 20:21:39 PM »
Afraid it didn't, Sonya xxx

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 16:27:03 PM »
:evillaugh: :evillaugh:  I was genuinely impressed.   :wow:  The quality of the gift shone out regardless.

And still am impressed - it's a less troublesome house guest than the mouse we had gifted to us again last night (not the same one - poor sod - please let it not be the same one.  It didn't look like the same one, but then how would I know?   :-:  Poor little scrap is currently recuperating in the mouse house, but I suspect he may not make it, bless him.)

Years ago, when I first got interested in gardening, I wondered at all these different plants that had Super Bum in their name.   It really did take me months to learn that it was pronounced "syoopurrbem"   :shy: :shy:  Sometimes, I'm a bit slow on the uptake.
Oh nooo! i hope the ickle mousie makes it..... Poor ickle fella!  :(

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 10:36:22 AM »

A lovely gift  ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 07:09:12 AM »
:evillaugh: :evillaugh:  I was genuinely impressed.   :wow:  The quality of the gift shone out regardless.

And still am impressed - it's a less troublesome house guest than the mouse we had gifted to us again last night (not the same one - poor sod - please let it not be the same one.  It didn't look like the same one, but then how would I know?   :-:  Poor little scrap is currently recuperating in the mouse house, but I suspect he may not make it, bless him.)

Years ago, when I first got interested in gardening, I wondered at all these different plants that had Super Bum in their name.   It really did take me months to learn that it was pronounced "syoopurrbem"   :shy: :shy:  Sometimes, I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 18:09:23 PM »
Oh beautiful Sonya.  For an instant, when I read that, I read:  "This is the same one he brought home last year" and I thought:  "My word Sonya - that's really impressive.... (how do you know?)."  :-: :-:    :doh: :doh:   :shy:
I know *rolls eyes*  :rofl: as soon as i posted i thought that too  :doh: :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 17:48:34 PM »
Ooh lovely.  Glad it's still alive and has survived the Butter treatment.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 17:41:10 PM »
Oh beautiful Sonya.  For an instant, when I read that, I read:  "This is the same one he brought home last year" and I thought:  "My word Sonya - that's really impressive.... (how do you know?)."  :-: :-:    :doh: :doh:   :shy:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 17:36:32 PM »
What a lovely critter glad it was alive

• Hero Cat
A gift from his lordship
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 17:24:01 PM »
Someone's been of on his travels down to the small pond down the road again! This is the same as the one he brought back last year.  It's a Common Hawker dragonfly...... Gorgeous isn't it? Fortunately it was still alive and we set it free from the teefies and claws of none too happy Butter  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat