Author Topic: Our Girlies  (Read 5617 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Our Girlies
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 07:00:49 AM »
I'm loving these photos.  Muppet was gorgeous.  She looks a little like our beloved Tinks, who we lost two years ago.  She's very photogenic, Michelle.  Also loving that belly-photo.   :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  How could one resist?   ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 21:45:06 PM »

Muppet was indeed a very beautiful girl  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 21:45:45 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dorothy, Pips, Esme. RIP Muppet x
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 20:15:28 PM »

Your other post about you losing Muppet had me in tears earlier.  Am so very sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug:

Like everyone else here that has gone through it, I empathise big time.

Elsa and Popeye were our distraction after 3 months of .... well hell ... after the loss of our darling angel Boris on 7 Dec last.

They have not in any way replaced our stunning boy but my God they are utterly adorable and the best possible distraction  :Luv:

Ahh Rosella, I'm so sorry. Didn't mean to make you cry awww RIP Boris. No we can definitely sympathise with you 100% Esme also helps distract us but nothing and nobody will ever replace our sweet Muppet. In fact before we got Esme we made a decision that we got a really lovely picture of her and made it into a huge canvas and she now has pride of place in our front room above our television.

Her ashes are in a wooden urn which is in our bedroom on Brian's bedside table. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosella, here is the canvas picture of Muppet.

X

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 20:08:05 PM »
Aren't they just gorgeous!  Love that pic of them in their beds all lined up (how long did it take you to get them to pose for that one?!)

Thank you! Not long at all really in regards to your question about their beds. They don't really use them in the summer but they are always in them in the colder days/nights. They have longer lay ins than us lol xx

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 20:06:27 PM »

Your other post about you losing Muppet had me in tears earlier.  Am so very sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug:

Elsa and Popeye were our distraction after 3 months of .... well hell ... after the loss of our darling angel Boris on 7 Dec last.

They have not in any way replaced our stunning boy but my God they are utterly adorable and the best possible distraction  :Luv:

Ahh Rosella, I'm so sorry. Didn't mean to make you cry awww RIP Boris. No we can definitely sympathise with you 100% Esme also helps distract us but nothing and nobody will ever replace our sweet Muppet. In fact before we got Esme we made a decision that we got a really lovely picture of her and made it into a huge canvas and she now has pride of place in our front room above our television.

Her ashes are in a wooden urn which is in our bedroom on Brian's bedside table. xx

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 17:57:19 PM »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 17:50:26 PM »
Aren't they just gorgeous!  Love that pic of them in their beds all lined up (how long did it take you to get them to pose for that one?!)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 17:10:43 PM »
Lovely photos of your beautiful furbabies :Luv2:

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 16:31:20 PM »
More pics added - won't let me edit the title. Sorry x

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 15:56:29 PM »

Great pics of beautiful cats  ;D ;D

Thank you hollycat xx

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
Our Girlies
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 15:56:09 PM »

They are beautiful Michelle   :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Am loving Esme's rather indelicate pose  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

We recently took on a young torti and her black brother (Elsa and Popeye who are now just over 7 months).  I wouldn't say Elsa has attitude exactly (purrhaps she'll grow into it) but she has quite an unusual character and I do get the distinct impression that I am often being "managed"  ;)

Oh yes! We are certainly 'managed' I love the names Elsa and Popeye ❤️
Ohhhhh I miss smittens!! I'd have more but Brian is very definite with his answer: NO

Thank you for your comments, I have many many more of Esmeralda (her 'you've gone too far name') lol

She is a tart!! But they are sooo funny! Each has their own personality and we know when they have that 'evil streak' in their eyes!

I was in the kitchen at 2am the other morning and Pips came in with the HUGE (in my eyes anyway) spider!! I hate spiders. Brian was sitting there half asleep and I screamed he was like 'I haven't got my glasses on I can't see' he actually went to pick up the house phone to 'get rid' I wasn't impressed!! x

More added.....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 16:29:20 PM by DorothyButton »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 13:53:59 PM »

They are beautiful Michelle   :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Am loving Esme's rather indelicate pose  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

We recently took on a young torti and her black brother (Elsa and Popeye who are now just over 7 months).  I wouldn't say Elsa has attitude exactly (purrhaps she'll grow into it) but she has quite an unusual character and I do get the distinct impression that I am often being "managed"  ;)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 13:46:29 PM »

Great pics of beautiful cats  ;D ;D

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 13:05:55 PM »
:wow: :wow:  Fabuous piccies Michelle - thanks so much for sharing them (I'm meant to be working, but couldn't resist a peep!)  :evillaugh:   Beautiful, beautiful babies!!

Ah yes, "tortitude" is famous   :rofl: :rofl:  There are a few nortie torties on this forum, all of them wonderful, and all of them dead bossy.   :evillaugh:

They're all gorgeous though - they look so healthy and well cared for.  A credit to you and your OH.   :)

Awww Sue!
I thought you you'd like to see them, Esme (ezzy) was an absolute toe rag this morning! Screaming at us as per! Then totally in awe of watching her birdies through the window (I'm sure they torment her on purpose) lol

Thank you for your kind words, they are certainly very happy girlies!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 11:28:32 AM »
:wow: :wow:  Fabuous piccies Michelle - thanks so much for sharing them (I'm meant to be working, but couldn't resist a peep!)  :evillaugh:   Beautiful, beautiful babies!!

Ah yes, "tortitude" is famous   :rofl: :rofl:  There are a few nortie torties on this forum, all of them wonderful, and all of them dead bossy.   :evillaugh:

They're all gorgeous though - they look so healthy and well cared for.  A credit to you and your OH.   :)

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:44:03 AM »
how lovely!  I'm a big fan of tortis, just lovely, I have a Bengal and she did used to sit like that sometimes she is a bit old and stiff now!

Aww thanks! They mean the absolute world to us!

Pips (the Tortie) used to have quite a few anger problems. We had her spayed and the vet found out she endometriosis (apparently her uterus was bigger than the dog he spayed earlier that day)!

She is now a completely different little girl. She's much more loving. She must have been so uncomfortable.

We recently read at the weekend about tortoiseshells have something called 'tortitude' it's very fitting for Pips, bless her! x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:39:09 AM »
how lovely!  I'm a big fan of tortis, just lovely, I have a Bengal and she did used to sit like that sometimes she is a bit old and stiff now!

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
Our Girlies
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »
Hope I've done this right! Here is Dorothy, Pips and Esme....

The last picture is of our bengal cross Esme! She is certainly no lady I'm afraid lol x

Link to CatChat