Author Topic: Dry cat food  (Read 3770 times)

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dorothy, Pips, Esme. RIP Muppet x
Re: Dry cat food
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 15:59:48 PM »
The Mau's are a Charcoal Smoke and Silver, they came via a friend as unhandlable and joined 3 former feral kittens the same age so we have Watson, Sherlock, Miss Moriarty, Hudson and Onyx

Awww I'm so jealous! LOVE the names!! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 15:51:04 PM »
The Mau's are a Charcoal Smoke and Silver, they came via a friend as unhandlable and joined 3 former feral kittens the same age so we have Watson, Sherlock, Miss Moriarty, Hudson and Onyx
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 15:48:03 PM »

Hi Michelle. I used to feed my 2 Hoolies Royal Canin until it started making them ill, being sick and nasty poop.
They have James Wellbeloved grain free dry and Perfect Fit now. Also Felix AGAIL wet food

We were finding this also. I even spoke to Royal Canin about going over to their wet food (before we changed them to a dry diet) I asked them about nutrients and goodness of the food and they wasn't very helpful. We bought 'I think' about 10 boxes from Zooplus oh dear! They refused point blank to touch it. It looked worse than whiskas! I thought omg I've bought all this food! Silly me! But Zooplus didn't even quibble they took it back

The dry Hills food for sensitive tums is just great! We have 3 cats but oddly they will only eat out of 1 bowl!?! The 2nd bowl very occasionally but they are all fit and healthy (Esme a little too rounded)! So we can't be doing much wrong

On the Zooplus website the food we buy them has 10 reviews (11 inc ours) about it and they are all 5 stars

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 13:50:44 PM »

Hi Michelle. I used to feed my 2 Hoolies Royal Canin until it started making them ill, being sick and nasty poop.
They have James Wellbeloved grain free dry and Perfect Fit now. Also Felix AGAIL wet food
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 14:14:28 PM by hollycat »

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 12:25:03 PM »
We are the largest feline family o n Purrs and it consists of Ferals ranging from age 20 to age 1, Domestics ranging from 15 to 3 and 12 Bengals ranging from 14 to 1, a couple of Mau's and NFC, 1 Ragdoll and the outside duo 1 is nice 1 is nasty and their 3 big doggie brothers our 3 Border Collies Sky, Sunny and Mistral

OH WOW!! Ahhhh you sound like you have an amazing home!! 12 Bengals Mau? Is that the Egyptian breed that looks Bengal?

What you have sounds like my type of dream! Have you added pictures? Is it ok to follow your profile?

Michelle x

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 12:17:23 PM »
We are the largest feline family o n Purrs and it consists of Ferals ranging from age 20 to age 1, Domestics ranging from 15 to 3 and 12 Bengals ranging from 14 to 1, a couple of Mau's and NFC, 1 Ragdoll and the outside duo 1 is nice 1 is nasty and their 3 big doggie brothers our 3 Border Collies Sky, Sunny and Mistral

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
Dry cat food
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 11:54:25 AM »
We feed Royal Canin, Hills and James Wellbeloved and ours love them but we do feed 4kgs a day across the ages from 20 to the terrible Bengal twins at 1 and find they love them all add in the 14 cans and 8 sachets for the oldies and Donnie diabetic we like them to have what they like and I am partial to beans on toast :)

Oh wow! 4kgs a day how many cats do you have? I did giggle at the 'bengal twins' you brave person (only joking)! Even though ours is a cross she's still very hard work.

X

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:54:49 AM by DorothyButton »

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:50:04 AM »
We feed Royal Canin, Hills and James Wellbeloved and ours love them but we do feed 4kgs a day across the ages from 20 to the terrible Bengal twins at 1 and find they love them all add in the 14 cans and 8 sachets for the oldies and Donnie diabetic we like them to have what they like and I am partial to beans on toast :)

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
Dry cat food
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »
Sorry, not sure if this is the right area to put this?

We used to feed our girls on Whiskas/Felix/Go cat but that was until our precious girl Muppet (RIP) got diabetes so we started to look into it a bit further and couldn't believe the amount of sugar etc and grains etc that cats can't digest (I think that's right)

So we moved over to Royal Canin Indoor 27 they were on this quite a while but Dorothy who has poor teeth started being sick a lot. We took her to the vets etc and they couldn't find a reason for this. On the drive home my husband mentioned the possible possibility that it could be that the biscuits were quite large and because of her teeth she wasn't chewing them she'd bring it back up again!

So, I started some research on zooplus and came across Hills Science Plan for sensitive tummies.

We purchased a small bag to try it and to say the change is remarkable is an understatement!! They go mad for them (we call them their peas) lol!

**can I just say that all changes to their diet has been done slowly and with the help of our vet**

It's not as cheap as Royal Canin and although we struggle financially everything we do is for them and they deserve the best! We just love our girls enormously (sad aren't we) lol

X

Link to CatChat