Author Topic: Zooplus  (Read 6615 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Zooplus
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »
We get two DWP drivers, usually it is Canis, on his days off it's another very nice chap, he remembered my hand when he came last week and asked if it was better now. They are both smiley and helpful. The Yodel bloke just dumped the parcel on the doorstep, rang the bell and sodded off.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 06:31:40 AM »

Google says Bitiba is wholly owned subsidiary of Zooplus.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 06:23:43 AM »

I think they've replaced it with loyalty points scheme Desley.  It's useless.  Never anything I want to buy with the loyalty points.

I'm not a huge fan of Zooplus tbh altho I use them quite a bit.  Often get bashed boxes of food and people on customer service not friendly.  I really hate that they use veal in the Felix doubly delicious too  :( 

I use them more out of habit than anything.  Is Bitiba connected to Zooplus?  Does anyone know?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »
I'm logged into my account, but still can't find it - wonder if they have stopped it?
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 23:24:50 PM »
I am the opposite, as said I have my weekly food parcels, when it was yodel, they were awful, DWP are great. Go figure? As you said Rosella, it depends on the distribution centre.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 22:50:29 PM »
Yodel is better for me, but I think it all depends on the efficiency of the local depot, rather than the carrier company - Yodel invariably deliver 48 hours after the dispatch email, and almost always around the same time of day

Same here.  Much better than surly DPD chap and always between 9.30 and 10.30am.  Yodel used to be dreadful but much prefer them now

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 21:54:56 PM »
Thanks guys
Please spay your cat

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 21:12:20 PM »
My Zooplus order arrived last Tuesday; they've sent me an email inviting me to "rate my order delivery" :naughty:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 20:18:26 PM »
Do Zooplus still do that thing where you pay so much a month and you get a Discount? Can't find it on the website

Yes. I think you will find it under My Account ( not my account but your my account :rofl:)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 20:19:29 PM by hollycat »

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 20:16:57 PM »
Yes and no. I don't think it's ever been a monthly payment has it? I made a one off payment (forget how much but less than £10) and get 7% off for 3 years.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 20:11:10 PM »
Do Zooplus still do that thing where you pay so much a month and you get a Discount? Can't find it on the website
Please spay your cat

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2017, 13:27:28 PM »
I am using Bitiba, they are very good, but the last two of the three packages came from Zooplus, so I think that they must be linked, the packaging was far better than that though.

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2017, 13:04:41 PM »
I’m also finding Zooplus’s deliveries now take a lot longer than they used to.  Until about a year ago they were normally taking from two to three days from order to delivery; now it’s closer to a week.

Last Wednesday I ordered cat food from both Zooplus and VetUK (Zooplus didn’t have everything I wanted), both to be delivered by DPD.  The VetUK order will be delivered tomorrow.

Despite Zooplus’s website stating “delivery in 1-3 working days” and that “orders are despatched within 24 hours” the order status shows it was packed on Wednesday, “reviewed” on Friday (whatever that means) and received by DPD on Saturday (although not yet showing on DPD’s tracking system).

And I agree, the quality of Zooplus’s packaging is appalling.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 12:28:33 PM »
I have had my e-mail after my parcel has been delivered, but they come to work, so it's fine.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 09:13:21 AM »
Yes the one-hour slot is great, although the last few times I haven't received the email the night before. It was even better when the vets were next door. If I suddenly decided or needed to go out when the delivery was due, even an hour before it was due I could go in and change the delivery address and the vets looked after it for me :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 19:27:03 PM »
The best thing about DPD is that they give you a 1 hrs time slot and stick to it (although of limited help when you get an email at 9am telling you it's coming at 9.15!), although I use the app now and have both a safe place and neighbour details stored in there which means I don't have to do anything unless I want to change the day.  Usually they leave it with my neighbour but they've left it in my safe place before.  Last delivery I got email to say was coming 12.11 to 13.11 (love the precise nature of the timings!) so I was able to ask manager if I could take early lunch and got home in time for it.  It contained large bag of litter so I wanted him to bring it inside for me which he did.

Yodel not so good here but have to say I haven't used them much and have always got things without problem.  They left with my neighbour.

Don't order so much from zooplus these days but that's just because now that I feed raw I dont't order much food from them, just litter and not much more expensive from Fetch.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 18:00:12 PM »
DPD for ours. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 17:33:02 PM »
I always use DPD who are really good around here.  It's zooplus packaging that is bad but I have been fortunate not to have much damage over the years.  They put loose tins in and don't pad the box well so they roll around and there are always some that are dented.  Fortunately I've never had pouches ripped.  The litter I buy (Oko plus) has fairly thick paper so that has never arrived with holes in it. 

I usually order at the weekend and it's normal for me to get the delivery on Wednesday or Thursday.  Not super quick but ok for me as I'm not usually desperate for stuff.  Nothing has changed with that schedule in recent years - there was just one a year or so ago that took over a week.  I agree with Andrew that many years ago they used to be quicker but I'm happy to wait a bit longer given their prices and range. Just wish they'd pack stuff better!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 16:28:02 PM »
for me the problem is I have parcels delivered to my job, they kept on turning up at about 8pm by which time I was safely tucked away at home!

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dorothy, Pips, Esme. RIP Muppet x
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 16:25:15 PM »
It's strange isn't it. Maybe because I've had bad experiences with Yodel and other online deliveries. I know Yodel are renowned in our area to be crap. Maybe I'll give it another go just to see if it's improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 13:40:38 PM »
Yodel is better for me, but I think it all depends on the efficiency of the local depot, rather than the carrier company - Yodel invariably deliver 48 hours after the dispatch email, and almost always around the same time of day
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 13:35:19 PM »
I use them every couple of months, last one was due to arrive Mon to Wed, and arrived the Fri before, and not had issues with damages for a while.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 13:12:02 PM »
yes I use dpd as well, although haven't ordered anything for a while, I have my felix and royal canin on a subscription from amazon, such is life!  :wow:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 12:52:03 PM »

DPD

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 12:23:12 PM »
Yes I always have DPD deliveries with them. I know it is a £39 min spend to get DPD, but as we know, that is easily done! :evillaugh:

And yes I have noticed my last few deliveries taking longer.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 12:09:08 PM »
What delivery service do you all use with Zooplus? I've always requested the DPD service rather than the terrible Yodel.
Whenever I speak to CSC at Zooplus I always confirm DPD is my preferred method

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
I've not experienced any difficulty with Zooplus orders, and my most recent one was delivered last week without any issues, but sad to see that so many people are having difficulty

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 10:51:04 AM »
I know some people have had problems lately with deliveries taking longer (Anderew on here for example and there was a thread on pet forums about it recently) and their packing can be shocking, but I have never had any real problems and have found their customer service pretty good when it comes to things like offering replacements.  I bought a cat tree from them many years agon and the hammock bed caused it to snap in 2 at that point (long timers may remember the pic of Jaffa looking perplexed at the sight of his broken bed!) but they sent me some free replacement posts and set of fixings without quibble.

Recent delivery came fairly quickly but one of the tube of Cosma snackies had lost it's lid and the snackies were all over the box.  Kito had a field day!  It was a competition to see who could get to them first and I got a pretty full tube by the end so didn't bother complaining.

I like Zooplus but their deliveries are taking longer. When I first started using them I would order at 02.15am on a Wednesday and the parcel would be dispatched by 11am on Wednesday an be delivered on Friday. That was before they had a warehouse in the UK and all orders came from Germany. My last order went in at 2.30am last Wednesday, wasn't dispatched until 8pm Thursday and only arrived yesterday, Tuesday, late afternoon.

I agree with Susanne that their packing is shocking. Not a delivery goes by without damage to items in the box.
Customer service is good though as they do replace without question. I have even had replacement hammocks for the Hoolies 8 months after I bought them.
I wonder if Brexit will make a difference to their prices though
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:51:33 AM by hollycat »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 18:07:09 PM »
I know some people have had problems lately with deliveries taking longer (Anderew on here for example and there was a thread on pet forums about it recently) and their packing can be shocking, but I have never had any real problems and have found their customer service pretty good when it comes to things like offering replacements.  I bought a cat tree from them many years agon and the hammock bed caused it to snap in 2 at that point (long timers may remember the pic of Jaffa looking perplexed at the sight of his broken bed!) but they sent me some free replacement posts and set of fixings without quibble.

Recent delivery came fairly quickly but one of the tube of Cosma snackies had lost it's lid and the snackies were all over the box.  Kito had a field day!  It was a competition to see who could get to them first and I got a pretty full tube by the end so didn't bother complaining.

Offline DorothyButton

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 09:54:54 AM »
We are also massive fans of Zooplus! I think the first order we had from them took a while but ever since I order on their app and never have to speak to them.
They have also been good in the past when we've bought cat food which our 3 little angels haven't liked

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 20:24:38 PM »
they do seem to provide good customer service

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 20:10:36 PM »
That's great, I do like them.
Please spay your cat

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 17:53:48 PM »
I like Zooplus - in fact I've just bought a cat tree from them. They dispatch orders quickly, and the courier they use will give you a one-hour time slot on the day of delivery so you don't have to hang about all day.

AND they recently contacted Foal Farm (my local animal shelter) to offer them a free cat tree (I think it had been returned and they couldn't - or didn't want to - resell it, but it was in absolutely perfect condition).
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Zooplus
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 15:42:46 PM »
When I complained to Zooplus that a kennel had arrived damaged, they agreed to replace, without insisting on proof of the damage, and in fact the second kennel was sent the same day (Friday). But my mendy man has repaired the damaged one, and only wanted £5  to cover the cost of the glue, so I told Zooplus I would not be needing the replacement after all. I was immediately offered £15 refund, and we have agreed I will simply refuse delivery of the replacement.

Given that this kennel was already £20 cheaper than on Amazon, I think this customer service is impressive, so thought I would praise where praise is due.

Mind you, they have had many hundreds of ££££ of business from me over the years - in  fact there have been times when I've wondered if they would go bust if I took my custom elsewhere :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Link to CatChat