Author Topic: Vaccination Lump  (Read 3493 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Vaccination Lump
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 22:59:56 PM »
Sky gets a lump for a couple of weeks after her vaccinations. I think it might be more obvious because she is so tiny.

Offline Eyes Half Closed

• Adult Cat
  • House cats
    • cata_of_the_clan
  • Slave to: Lux, Gizmo & Loki
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 17:40:31 PM »
aha yes, I am constantly worrying about them all, spoilt little house cats lol  ;D ;D  oh really I didn't think it happened to people.

They are all getting along great, I cant believe how good they are with him, there are a few fights but I am certain that they are playing, I don't think they realise how big they are compared to him sometimes.
Lux has only hissed at him once and Calcifer only a few times, and they both clean him which is always a great sign.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 17:41:35 PM by Eyes Half Closed »
White & Black - Lux (♂13/5/16)
Ginger & White - Gizmo (♂28/4/17)
Black - Loki (♂11/12/17)
Over the bridge
🌈 Calcifer  (14/3/2015) - (11/11/2017)
www.instagram.com/cats_of_the_clan/

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 16:53:10 PM »
It's natural as a conscientious and loving kitty mum that you're going to be a bit worried, but it happens in humans too - I still have a small hard lump from where I had a BCG jab in my early teens. 

How are Lux and Calcifer getting on with Gizmo?  :)

Offline Eyes Half Closed

• Adult Cat
  • House cats
    • cata_of_the_clan
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 16:40:29 PM »
okay thank you I will definitely let them know, i'm just worried that its something serious  :'(

he is called Gizmo :)
Black - Loki (♂11/12/17)
Over the bridge

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 16:35:44 PM »
It can sometimes happen that they get a little lump where the vaccination was given.  As long as it isn't weeping or scabby, then the little feller should be okay, but I would mention it to the vet if the swelling hasn't gone down by the time of his next visit, as they may decide to vaccinate in a slightly different spot to avoid discomfort.

Very occasionally, cats can develop an adverse reaction to vacs so  bringing it to the attention of the vet if it hasn't gone away by the next visit will just ensure it's properly checked. 

What's the new family member called?  (I cant see the details in your avatar on this computer for some reason!)   ;D ;D

Offline Eyes Half Closed

• Adult Cat
  • House cats
    • cata_of_the_clan
Vaccination Lump
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 16:06:26 PM »
Hey,

just needed a bit of advice, we finally got out third kitty a ginger tom at 8 weeks old, he is now 11 weeks old, he was vaccinated at 9 weeks old (his first) and there is still the lump there after 2 weeks, I was wondering if this is something to worry about?

he is going back to the vets in another week for hes next lot.

:thanks:
Black - Loki (♂11/12/17)
Over the bridge

Link to CatChat