Author Topic: The Office Cats  (Read 41887 times)

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Kizzie and Tiggie
Re: The Office Cats
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2017, 20:12:13 PM »
Kizzie is Mad! It's Official

Both cats appeared in the morning, followed me and stared at me until I gave them their food. Tiggie sunbathed, where the sun comes through the window and shines on the carpet, and rolled/stretched when I walked past as if to say, 'You can stroke me now.' She appeared in the office during the day for the occasional staring session and tickle on the top of her head. I did not see much of Kizzie during the day.

In my last hour, when I was cleaning out the guinea pigs, changing their wood shavings/ straw mixture and feeding them, the cats followed me and gave me their stare. Despite my efforts to keep her out, Kizzie has jumped into one of the hutches - as it was being cleaned - before now. She tried again, but I was ready and gave her a body block.

Later, when I was preparing the guinea pigs' food on the counter of the little 'shop', Kizzie jumped up, slipped and was clinging on with her front claws. I could see the desperate look on her little face above the counter and it was like a clip from one of those 'cats do the funniest  things' comedy programmes, but she dug in and made her way to the worktop. She then walked about, feeling quite smug with herself. When I prepared the cat food a few minutes later, Kizzie was no-where to be seen. I discovered she was shut in the shop and could not get out the reverse way. I always feel a bit of a nana going round calling out, 'Kizzie, Kizzie!' Visitors think I've gone loopy.

Unfortunately, some of our animal lover residents could not watch me feed or clean the guinea pigs as the hutches are surrounded by scaffolding. This is due to having solar panels fitted to our roof at the back. It strikes me as a good idea. So far I have counted about twenty-eight of them. I do not think the installers will take long as they do not seem to mess about. I suppose if you are fitting solar panels all day, every day, you get pretty good at doing so.

I found this picture on Amazon and the cat looks exactly like Kizzie, including the facial expression:

The Office Cats (unashamed self-promotion): http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,47624.0.html

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2017, 19:35:21 PM »
And the Judge and Jury were.....?    :-: :-:   That's outrageous.   You certainly don't come across as lacking humility, Cloveart.  :hug:

Thank you.  ;D
The Office Cats (unashamed self-promotion): http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,47624.0.html

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2017, 18:46:11 PM »
Not quite sure that most of us know what humility is. We are just a bunch of people getting along with each other. Join in, the worst you will get is an "Oi, that's a bit harsh" What have you got to lose? :hug:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2017, 18:44:01 PM »
And the Judge and Jury were.....?    :-: :-:   That's outrageous.   You certainly don't come across as lacking humility, Cloveart.  :hug:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2017, 17:59:51 PM »
^ That is the problem, Paula. I have been guilty of lacking humility on previous forums. 

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2017, 17:54:59 PM »
More the merrier Cloveart ;D, and she does mean everything within reason. ;)

Not quite sure what is wrong with Mr Piggles. *Shrugs**

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2017, 17:27:58 PM »
^ Sue, I may waffle a bit more in the non-cat related section.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2017, 08:10:53 AM »
I've never had Guinea pigs since I was a little girl, but we loved ours.  One of them even won us a tea set in the School Raffle.   :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

There's a great little series of Guinea Pig mickey takes on Youtube of president Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs7T8xHVG3M

Cloveart - don't think you just have to post about the cats (although you know we never get tired of hearing about them - or talking about them  :) ).  There's a non-cat related section where you can post about anything and everything, and where a lot of us just hang out to waffle on about life and stuff. 

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2017, 22:40:56 PM »
My Daughter has just got two piggies, she didn't say what the youngest has named hers but seems really mortified that the eldest GD has named hers Mr Piggles. :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »
We're Back!
(in cat language that is the royal 'we')

I have not posted here for a while because it was difficult to think of anything that does not repeat that which has already been said. There is also less to say. Kizzie, for the most part, has kept out of the office. Occasionally, she suddenly jumps up onto the desk, has a tickle (as if to say, 'Hello') and then leaves as suddenly as she arrived. Tiggie probably spends more time in the office than usual, but still does her usual standing and staring at me. Sometimes, she sleeps under the desk or just in the middle of the carpet, but, being very nervous, any suddence movement or noise makes her run away. However, both cats sleep not far away, just outside the office; Kizzie often under the table and Tiggie behind the settess. If it is bright outside, both cats like to lay behind the glass in the full sun.

Kizzie's behaviour is the most extreme change, as she used to spend nearly all day in the in-basket. Now, she keeps away. She still likes being stroked and rolls on her back like a little dog. I cannot account for this behaviour at all. Tiggie was taken back to the vet and prescribed more medicine for her stiff joints and I understand this will continue as a repeat prescription. It is an anti-inflammant, which is drawn out of the bottle in a needleless syringe, injected onto a saucer and then covered in milk. Tiggie seems a little less hostile these days and it may be because she (a) wants the milk, which she loves, and (b) because she is in less pain.

There are some observations, as usual. For example, one day Kizzie did her 'arrive in the office and disappear quickly' act and on the way out of the office, quarrelled with Tiggie. I have heard of this happening, but only witnessed it on this one occasion. I cannot remember who started the fight, but I think Kizzie invaded Tiggie's space and Tiggie cuffed her one.

Both Kitties are still loving the chewy sticks, first brought in by the laundry lady. I think her husband is now buying them for our cats and I have continued to buy them too. I think the moggies are supposed to chew the sticks, but ours wolf them down as if they have not eaten for months. They also love the Crispies. Tiggie can now recognise the crinkly sound of the packet. Another interesting food-related observation is that they really enjoy the Felix cat food, which they have been having recently. They even like the non-fish flavours, such as (I think it is) beef and kidney, and eat every little bit.

We have more new residents in the care home, who are seemingly very interested in the animals, which can only be a good thing. One lady particularly likes to go outside and see the guinea pigs being fed, cleaned and put in their runs. It is a pity the piggies are not brought inside and taken around the residents more often. I am thinking of suggesting this, even if it has to be done by me. To her eternal credit, the manager does not begrudge the time and money spent on the pets. 

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2017, 16:20:46 PM »
Yes, I wish I could post a video of that.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2017, 23:05:15 PM »
Talking of which, I do love the image of Kizzy gliding royally through the corridors on top of the laundry cart. ;D

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2017, 20:47:55 PM »
:rofl: Point taken Paula, but I think the office cats are more into performance art!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2017, 20:12:47 PM »
Don't know about that Cloveart, we got back from our break on Friday to find a large 'abstract art installation' on the bottom stair waiting to welcome us home from one of our five! :rofl:

Don't speak too soon! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2017, 17:13:54 PM »
:rofl: Yes, you are right, Gill. I found this the other day:

Abstract Artist is the only one that does not apply to the office cats.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 17:14:57 PM by Cloveart »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2017, 14:19:48 PM »
COHESION AND CATS!!.................JUST DOESNT WORK LOL. THEY WILL MAKE SURE OF THAT COS SO UNPREDICTABLE AT TIMES.

NICE YOU FOUND THAT FB PAGE  ;D ;D

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2017, 22:38:53 PM »
So much for my plans for cohesion. I've just remembered that the laundry assistant brought in a chewy stick for the office cats, because her moggies did not like them. She suggested breaking it into little bits. I think they were Tesco own brand, but Tiggie ate her half a stick in about two seconds, so there was no doubt that she liked them. Kizzie then ate her half equally quickly and both looked at me as if to say, 'Where is the rest?' Needless to say, I bought a dozen Salmon sticks for later in the week.

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2017, 12:10:04 PM »
Last Week in a Nutshell

My description of last week with the office cats wasn't very 'together' so here is a summary, plus some other random comments:

When I began working at the home, nearly a year ago, there was an anti-cat-in-the office movement. The irony is that, now the anti-cat members have left, the cats do not settle in the office.  There are three possible explanations for this: (i) they are sulking; (ii) they have found somewhere else to go; or (iii) they have been driven out recently with particular force. The first is highly probable, the second is hard to identify (despite new residents showing them affection), and the third seems a bit unlikely. With the improvement in the weather, Kizzie likes to spend time outside, especially sunbathing on the dirty path, but as an elderly kitty, she is not outside a huge amount. Tiggie is the same, but likes to sunbathe where the full sun shines through the window onto the carpet, so she can lay in this location and make her fur coat hot enough to fry an egg. Maybe they have got together, in my absence, to conspire to confuse me. On a positive note, I spend less time stroking them, when I should be working. I am beginnning to wonder, though, whether this thread should no longer be called the office cats.

Despite not spending much time in the office, the cats followed me about, staring at me as if to say, 'We want food and we want it now'. At one point, Kizzie would have climbed into my car boot, when I arrrived, and into the safe when I was handling cash. She followed me when I put the guinea pigs into the outside runs. This continued even after they had been fed by me, including washing their bowls. They ate well too, being back on Whiskas. There are three explanations for this: (i) both cats starved rather than eat the own brand food; (ii) they were not getting titbits from the units, because the cat-friendly carers were not on shift; and (iii) they now want a constant supply of treats, like cat milk and Crispies, all day. Note to self: be firm and only feed the cats at their meal time. Some chance! 

It is clear that both cats like all types of treats, including the semi-moist snacks, Crispies and cat milk. I was going to say, being human, they have different preferences, but they are not human. They are eating more of them and I read somewhere that treats should only be used to reward good behaviour, but it is not as if the cats are being trained to do anything.   

The saying that cats like boxes is absolutely true. We had a big delivery of pads in boxes, which were stacked high in the forum until they could be organised by the care staff. Kizzie immediately found her way to the top, where she was above my eye level. She loved the feeling of looking down on us and slept near the edge, so that if she had rolled a tiny amount backwards she would have fallen off. It was a long drop too, but fortunately she did not roll over. On waking, Kizzie climbed down a little way and jumped onto the laundry assistant's trolley as she passed. Again, she sat like royalty as she was pushed along the corridor.   

I have what feels like a slightly strange pastime in that, every now and again, I look up a name from my past on Facebook. I should add that my own page is rubbish and I am not at all an FB person. If I am successful in finding them, I never make contact. Anyway, when I was a child, I had a best friend and we went everywhere together, but in our early twenties we drifted apart.  I eventually found his FB page and it is one of the best I have ever seen, being chock full of family videos, photos and all sorts. It warmed the cockles of my heart to see him smiling in every picture and happy with his own family. As children, ourselves, we were both brought up with cats and loved them. I noticed he had photos of what seemed like two big furball cats of his own, and, all these years later, it reassured me that some things, the good things, never change. Call me an old softy, but that evening I went to bed with a small tear in the corner of my eye.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2017, 16:03:51 PM »
 :evillaugh: ;)

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2017, 15:09:07 PM »
Indeed it was:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2017, 14:33:11 PM »
That's what I call a result then!  ;D :evillaugh:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2017, 13:20:36 PM »
I tried the Felix Crispies (Salmon and Trout flavour) yesterday and Kizzie absolutely loves them! Tiggie liked them a lot too. I hope they are not addictive, as I probably gave them far too many. There was no need to worry about not using the cat milk as the office cats drank the whole carton in two days.

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2017, 06:54:17 AM »
That is a good question Paula, but no I haven't tried the Crispies. I have been giving the cats quite a lot of treats recently, as the semi-moist fishy treats have been opened for a while, so I want to use them up, and the cats have been unusually hungry, possibly because of problems (in my absence) with the own brand pouches. I also keep forgetting to take the cat milk early enough, in my shift, to use it up before I finish. Today, I will make a point of trying the crispies and I may attempt to freeze any unused cat  milk. Being fussy little monkeys, it remains to be seen whether they will touch frozen and thawed cat milk. For the first time in living memory, Tiggie rejected some fish treats, yesterday, although Kizzie ate them instead.

Both kitties have been in a funny mood since I went on leave for two weeks. Although Kizzie comes into the office occasionally, she does not stay in the way she did before. Tiggie, previously a bit luke warm, appears more often, but never really stays.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
Have you tried them on the Crispies yet? If so, do they approve? :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2017, 06:43:18 AM »
Hurray - they're back in the office and the In-tray!  :cheer: :evillaugh:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2017, 22:43:25 PM »
Kizzie Returns to the In-Tray

Yesterday, Kizzie started sleeping in the in-tray again, although initially if I left the office, albeit briefly, she thought there was no point in staying herself. This gradually changed by the afternoon, but she tended to come-and-go rather than sleep for any length of time. At lunchtime, despite being fed in the morning, both Kizzie and Tiggie badgered me for food. I think this is because they can get scraps from the units, but if they are unlucky, they come to me. I did not feed them, other than a few Dreamies and Alpha Spirits.

I saw Felix Crispies in Tesco this afternoon and added a packet of salmon and trout flavours to my growing collection of kitty bribes. I think the office cats will love them.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 22:12:43 PM by Cloveart »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »
I get them from tesco, I would imagine that all the big supermarkets sell them.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2017, 08:39:53 AM »
Glad that Kizzie forgot herself and came for bribes.   :evillaugh:  One of our previous cats, Suki, would sulk terribly when we'd go away, as did Tinks, bless his beautiful heart.  Now Tinks was a cat who knew how to give you the cold shoulder  :evillaugh:  But it never lasted long, because he had the warmest of natures too.   :)

The lovely thing is, her behaviour shows just how much she missed you, and that means she cares very much about you in her world.   ;D

Not sure where Paula gets hers from but our local Asda sells Felix Crispie Cat Treats, as does our local Pets At Home.

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2017, 06:43:03 AM »
Where do you get Felix Crispies, Paula? The office cats enjoy the Felix pouches and would certainly like the fish flavoured treats.   

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2017, 21:36:01 PM »
I haven't seen those, mind you I have a few packs of Dreamies that I am keeping in reserve for when they who must be obeyed decided that Felix Crispies are no longer the treats de jour.  ;) :rofl:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2017, 21:10:11 PM »
Thank you, Paula and Gill. Kizzie forgot she wasn't talking to me today, and came into the office expecting a lot of stroking, feeding and bribing (Dreamies and semi-moist fish treats, but forgotten the name). I noticed that she was spending a lot of time today on the comfy armchairs between the units. She had one all to herself. Significantly, Kizzie did not spend any time sleeping in the in-tray. It occurred to me that yesterday was probably the only day she did not come into the office since I started working here last May. Tiggie was her usual self. Despite being a bit of a curmudgeon, she rarely sulks.

Both cats like the semi-moist fishy cat treats, especially Kizzie. They may have been Alpha Spirit bought from a garden centre (which I don't visit very often). 

http://www.aspiritpetfood.com/products/cat-snacks/

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2017, 16:53:51 PM »
Lovely to see you back. :hug:

What do you expect? You butter orf for a couple of weeks, come back and expect all to be forgiven? You have a lot to learn about cats, and a LOT of grovelling to do. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck. :evillaugh:

WELCOME BACK AND PAULA IS SO RIGHT LOL

DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG FORGIVENESS, SPECIAL TREATS IN HANDS BUT BE CAREFUL COS THEY WILL THEN BE EXPECTED FOREVER ON  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2017, 21:32:43 PM »
Lovely to see you back. :hug:

What do you expect? You butter orf for a couple of weeks, come back and expect all to be forgiven? You have a lot to learn about cats, and a LOT of grovelling to do. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck. :evillaugh:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2017, 21:04:57 PM »
Kizzie Isn't Talking To Me

On returning to work today, after a couple of weeks of leave, there was a definite chill in the air and not just in the weather. First thing, Kizzie passed me in the corridor while I was talking to a colleague and later, when I fed the cats, she was barely interested. In the afternoon, I saw her in the corridor and she tolerated a little tickle but did not join me in the office. One member of staff said the cat had not been in the office, which was clear because there were no cat hairs in the in-tray. Another member of staff said Kizzie had been in a funny mood for the last couple of weeks. The deputy manager said she thought Kizzie had been spending time with a very frail resident, who rarely leaves her room these days, but who loves the cats. It would be cherlish to complain about Kizzie spending time with an immobile and cat-loving resident, but she is definitely not talking to me. Tiggie was her usual self, staring into space and badgering for something and nothing. Oddly, she has been the friendliest cat.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 21:09:50 PM by Cloveart »

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2017, 18:16:56 PM »
You are right about the stress Gill. I don't even have a stressful job, but I can feel myself going doolally over cat food. I have a friend who did a comparative survey between tinned cat food and that in sachets. He worked out that the cans were cheapest, but, following the survey, his cats wouldn't eat the tinned food. At least the guinea pigs will eat their food, as long as it is chopped small. They are not really fussy, although they are fed up with carrots. I also feed the wild birds, who are fine with breadcrumbs, but for some reason do not like the ready made product for coating fishcakes, chicken burgers, etc. Nevertheless, we do get blackbirds, robins and wrens.

Kizzie on the trolley was like Her Majesty in Horse Guards Parade, Paula. Our visitors and residents enjoyed the display and Kizzie, of course, liked the attention (lots of tickles).

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2017, 15:21:22 PM »
As Gill says, we all have food that our cats loved, right up until we buy a job lot, then the little sods would rather starve than eat it! Fnny beasts cats, none of them are the same.

I do like the idea of the laundry cart sailing past with a cat atop. ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2017, 14:48:23 PM »
SADLY ANIMAL PSYCHOLOGISTS/BEHAVIOURISTS ARE OFTEN OUT OF TOUCH WITH REAL LIFE CATS LOL

BUT I THINK EVERYONE ON HERE WILL TELL YOU THAT CAT FEEDING IS A VERY STRESSFUL THING TO GET RIGHT AND HUNGER IS NOT A GOOD THING AND WEANING A KITTEN IS VERY DIFFERENT TO AN ADULT CAT AND MAKES NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL!!

MOST OF US HAVE SUPERMARKETS OF CAT FOOD IN OUR KITCHEN CUPBOARDS OF ONCE LOVED FOOD THAT BECAME THE MOST HATED FOOD EVER AND WE HOPE DESPERATELY THAT ONE DAY OUR CATS WILL EAT IT AGAIN...............BEFORE IT REACHES ITS USE BY DATE  >:( >:(

I THINK WE REALIZED THE CARTOONS WERENT YOURS LOL COS WE JUST A BIT FAMILIAR WITH SIMONS CAT AND OTHERS  :rofl: :rofl:

DONT THINK WE THINK YOU SPAMMING AT ALL AS FOOD IS AN OFTEN TALKED ABOUT SUBJECT DUE OUR FUSSY EATERS.

SAVE ME FROM MINE RIGHT NOW ESPECIALLY MISA!!

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2017, 13:26:11 PM »
It seems to me that if a kitten is fed a variety of food after weaning, they will expect a varied diet. How ours were weaned is a mystery, as they came from two separate acquaintances of the then manager. The kitties have also had to endure a turnover of staff and therefore people feeding them. It seems they started with Whiskas and fish, from our fish on Friday tradition. I have read that a little hunger at meal times can be a motivator to encourage a cat to accept new food. So, for example, new food can be introduced amongst the familiar. I had already tried a similar thing with half a sachet of salmon, which they love, with half of say poultry, which they don't! One of the problems with the own brand was that they did not have a significant period of transition, ie. half Whiskas or Felix, with half own brand, and I haphazardly attempted some own brand with a few scraps from meal time. On my return, I will suggest we mix brands or a named fish selection with name brands.   

Random Thoughts Ignore these, I am just thinking out loud and it helps to get them out of my system! Actually, it is the true premise of this thread.

Cat psychology, like that of humans, is a fascinating thing. I have never brought up a kitten, although my parents had cats when we were children. According to my mum, they were not fussy. Thinking about it, I loved those cats, particularly the second one, which was run over when we moved home. Apparently, afterwards, I was so upset that I punched or kicked the brick wall. Maybe this is why I could never own cat, but is the reason I am obsessed with other people's cats.

After coming across the music threads here in the off-topic sub-forum, an extremely random thought that occurred to me is that I came to this forum from the rock music forums (as well as my own failed blogs).

I should add that I am not spamming with all these brand and shop names, it is the only way I can think of to differentiate between them. The blogs and YT clips are not mine either, they just help to show my sources. Most of the pictures and cartoons aren't mine either.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 13:36:08 PM by Cloveart »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »
CATS ARE VERY FUSSY ABOUT FOOD AND CONTRARY TO MANY PEOPLES BELIEFS WILL STARVE THEMSELVES TO THE DETRIMENT OF THEIR HEALTH IF NOT GIVEN THE FOOD THEY LIKE.

SO SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET THE UASUAL WHISKERS AGAIN FOR THEM.

CATS BODIES START TO CLOSE DOWN IF THEY DONT EAT REGULARILY AND THAT WILL KILL THEM, BUT FIRST WILL DAMAGE KIDNEYS WHICH WILL BECOME A LONG TERM PROBLEM AS NOT REVERSABLE..........THIS PROCESS CAN START IN AS LITTLE AS 2 DAYS.

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2017, 21:08:05 PM »
Dog's Breakfast

This morning, Kizzie and Tiggie came into the office meowing and beckoning me towards their food bowls, and when I looked, much to my surprise, they were completely empty. My first reaction was that the cats had eventually eaten all the food from midday yesterday and had not been fed since, so I washed out the bowls and refilled them with the own brand salmon flavour. As before, the kitties were lukewarm, even with their favourite fish flavour. Also, as before, I bribed them with Dreamies (more fish flavour) and cat milk, without much success.

Just before the night care assistant again went home with her dog, she cheerfully informed me that the canine had momentarily got away and eaten yesterday's cat food! She was also blase that the cats had never liked own brands anyway and preferred Whiskas.

Kizzie spent most of the morning curled up in the in-basket until about lunchtime and then vanished again. I have a feeling that she is spending the time with one of the cat-friendly residents on one of the big comfy armchairs. This is a good thing in that: (i) she has company when I am away, and (ii) I can get on with my work. I will be off work again for a while and then back without a break, so I am sure Kizzie will eventually return to the office. Tiggie spent more time than usual in the office meowing, staring into space and occasionally tolerating a tickle.

By lunchtime, I decided to give the moggies some beef from yesterday, but they turned up their noses, indicating they clearly prefer their meat hot from the kitchen. My final effort was to ply them with a little fresh leftover pork, which they loved. However, I could not leave the remainder in the bowls, as it is dangerous. Mid-afternoon, I threw it in the bin and, at hometime, replenished the bowls with own brand lamb.

^ Thank you for the advice on cats and mites. They are overdue for mite treatment, so I will have to get some before my next return. Despite the potential infestation or infection, Kizzie does not often scratch her ears.

Side Tracks
I nearly forgot, but this afternoon, Sadie, the lady who works in the laundry, came through the forum with her trolley and riding on top was . . . Kizzie. She had entered the laundry via the window and jumped up onto the trolley. So, to get her out of the laundry, Sadie wheeled out both trolley and cat. As a result, Kizzie got extra attention from various staff and visitors, and continued to be wheeled up onto the units. I hasten to add that Sadie is a cat lover, with a couple of cats of her own, and Kizzie has a way of seeking out cat lovers.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 21:24:10 PM by Cloveart »

Link to CatChat