Author Topic: Moving on  (Read 7406 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Moving on
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 12:23:30 PM »
I don't think he looks 'homely' at all, he has a dear little face. I am sure he will do very well, ancestry aspersions and all :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 10:31:42 AM »
HE IS VERY HANDSOME JO AND IN TIME IT WILL ALL COME TOGETHER AS YOU KNOW  :hug: :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 10:21:26 AM »
Jo he is lovely, wishing Billy all the best in his wonderful new home :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Congratulations on your new addition Jo.  Do hope the introductions with Seb go well. 

Welcome to your new home handsome Billy lad :hug: :hug:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »
After Shadow crossed the Rainbow Bridge I made a decision that there would be  no more animals - that those I had would live out their lives but not be replaced as they left me. I made the decision on the basis that I am 62 and that any young animal I acquired might well outlive my ability to care for it (given my cats reach 20 and my dogs seem to last longer than is the common lot of beasts).

But then Esther left me too and the gap in the household was too big.

Yesterday the Hobart Cat Centre's Facebook page tempted me with a handsome lad who was their 'reception cat', living in the reception area and greeting incomers, waving goodbye to his fellow-prisoners but never finding his forever home as he is homely and 11 years old. Smidgen is 10, so suddenly I thought - I could do that!

I headed down there this morning and met him. He is a very ordinary tabby, thin and seemed less than interested in people, though willing to be held and stroked. Completely detached and resigned.

So home he came with me.

He took up residence in the bathroom while I took Seb for a walk, ate the food left for him and settled down on the fleece-drying rack on top of the bath (I had made a cave under it for him, but apparently that is of no interest). After Seb's walk, he was confined to the front of the house while Smidgen and I went into the bathroom. Smidgen wandered around for some time before he realised he had company, then stood at the far end of the bathroom saying very rude things about Billy's ancestry. Billy pretended to be asleep. Smidgen stalked off and has gone to bed with the dog in a sulk.

From time to time i go into the rear portion of the house, and potter in the kitchen while Billy keeps me company. He is very good at weaving around legs when food is in the offing. I suspect he has quite a personality hidden in there. Between his weight and his passivity I suspect also that he has been depressed by his experience in the cats home, and is going to take a while to get back to his normal self.

One he and Smidgen actually get together so they can sort out a relationship, I will introduce him to Seb. Until the two cats are happy in each others' company I suspect the hissing fits might cause Seb to get overexcited. At present he has a vague feeling 'something is going on' but seems to be attributing this to the sheep dog trials happening over the back fence.

What a handsome boy.  Sky says things about Robbie's ancestry to (he's also tabby) and Robbie swears at other tabby cats he sees so maybe it's a Tabby thing :)

Hope they sort their differences

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 09:45:50 AM »
Welcome to your wonderful new home x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Moving on
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:40:02 AM »
After Shadow crossed the Rainbow Bridge I made a decision that there would be  no more animals - that those I had would live out their lives but not be replaced as they left me. I made the decision on the basis that I am 62 and that any young animal I acquired might well outlive my ability to care for it (given my cats reach 20 and my dogs seem to last longer than is the common lot of beasts).

But then Esther left me too and the gap in the household was too big.

Yesterday the Hobart Cat Centre's Facebook page tempted me with a handsome lad who was their 'reception cat', living in the reception area and greeting incomers, waving goodbye to his fellow-prisoners but never finding his forever home as he is homely and 11 years old. Smidgen is 10, so suddenly I thought - I could do that!

I headed down there this morning and met him. He is a very ordinary tabby, thin and seemed less than interested in people, though willing to be held and stroked. Completely detached and resigned.

So home he came with me.

He took up residence in the bathroom while I took Seb for a walk, ate the food left for him and settled down on the fleece-drying rack on top of the bath (I had made a cave under it for him, but apparently that is of no interest). After Seb's walk, he was confined to the front of the house while Smidgen and I went into the bathroom. Smidgen wandered around for some time before he realised he had company, then stood at the far end of the bathroom saying very rude things about Billy's ancestry. Billy pretended to be asleep. Smidgen stalked off and has gone to bed with the dog in a sulk.

From time to time i go into the rear portion of the house, and potter in the kitchen while Billy keeps me company. He is very good at weaving around legs when food is in the offing. I suspect he has quite a personality hidden in there. Between his weight and his passivity I suspect also that he has been depressed by his experience in the cats home, and is going to take a while to get back to his normal self.

One he and Smidgen actually get together so they can sort out a relationship, I will introduce him to Seb. Until the two cats are happy in each others' company I suspect the hissing fits might cause Seb to get overexcited. At present he has a vague feeling 'something is going on' but seems to be attributing this to the sheep dog trials happening over the back fence.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:41:02 AM by blackcat »

Link to CatChat