Author Topic: MISA TO/BACK FROM LANGFORD HYPER T - NEWS  (Read 47988 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: MISA TO/BACK FROM LANGFORD HYPER T - NEWS
« Reply #270 on: March 01, 2017, 17:33:37 PM »
 I DONT KNOW SONYA BUT HE IS TIRED COS HS SLEPT ON SOFA NEXT TO ME ALL AFTERNOON.

AS I JUST WROTE THAT HE GOT OFF LOL.

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
Re: MISA OFF/BACK LANGFORD HYPER T - NEWS
« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2017, 17:09:07 PM »
Maybe he wants you to stay awake cos he hasn't seen you for quite a while Gill  ;) he needs your undivided attention  :hug: :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: MISA OFF/BACK LANGFORD HYPER T - NEWS
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2017, 13:46:28 PM »
THANKS HEATHER YOU ARE ALWAYS GOOD NEWS FOR ME  ;D ;D

HAVE CHANGED TITLE OF THIS SO NEWBIES CAN SEE ITS ABOUT HYPER T AND IT NOW COVERS HIM COMING HOME AND ONWARD  ;D

HAD AN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE NIGHT WITH MISA, I AM DESPERATE FOR SLEEP AND HAVE FINALLY HAD SOME UNINTERUPTED SLEEP BUT HOURS AND HOURS OF HAVING TO GET UP COS HE JUST WOULDNT LET ME SLEEP AND SHOUTING AND SHOUTING. SO BAD WAS GOING TOO RING LANGFORD TO FIND OUT EXACTLY WHAT HE DID THERE WHEN WANTING ATTENTION AND WHATBTHEIR SCHEDULE WAS AND WHAT HISNACCOMODATION WAS LIKE COS STILL NO PICS.

WHEN I DID FINALLY DROP OFF FOR A BIT ANDNHIS SHOUTING WAS BEING IGNORED I WAS THEN BEING POKED AND MEOWED AT. HE WS STNDING ON BACK LEGS AND TRYING VERY HARD TO GET ON SOFA BUT TOO HIGH.

IN THE END I WENT UPSTAIRS AND GOT THE BOX HE WAS USING TO CLIMB UP ON THERE AND ALSO A BIG BOOK WHICH MADE IT ANOTHE 2 INS HIGHER AND YES HE COULD GET UP.

HE THEN PROCEEDED TO PADDLE ME AND HOPED HE WOULD LIE DOWN AND DOZE OFF BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO HE THEN STARTED CLIMBING AROUND COS HE HAD NOT BEEN UP HERE FOR YEARS ANDE BEFORE I COULD STOP HIM HE SQUEEZED THRO A LITTLE GAP AT END AND DOWN AT BAQCK. MY NIGHTMARE COS THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO TRY AND MOVE SOFA TO GET HIM OUT.

SO HAD TO GET UP AGAIN............3 HRS SLEEP SO FAR........AND PHEW THERE WAS A CAT SIZED GAP WHERE HE COULD GET ON THE ARM FROM SOMETHING BEHIND AND HOPEFULLY A MISA SIZE GAP!  AFTER FINISHING HIS EXPLORING HE JUST MANAGED TO MSQUEZE  THRO  ;D ;D

THEN HE PROCEEDED TO TRAMP AROUND ALL OVER ME AND THE PLACES HER COULD LIE IF HE WANTED AND I KEPT DOZING OFF AND BEING WOKEN BY HIM OVER AND OVER.

END OF STORY, HE FINALLY LAID AGAINST ME AND WENT TO SLEEP AND SO DID I...........WAS WOKEN A COUPLE OF TIMES...........WHEN I WOKE UP MORE PROPERLY HE WAS STILL ASLEEP  ;D ;D

NOW AM FULLY AWAKE AND UP HE HAS VANISHED INTO STUDY TO WHERE EVER HE HIDES AND SLEEPS.

SO HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS AND JUST WONDER IF ITS TO DO WITH HIS HISTORY WITH ORIGINAL OWNER WHICH I BELIEVE WAS AN ELDERLY LADY WHO DIED AND WHETHER ME SLEEPING AND NOT MOVING WS WHAT HE FOUND WHEN SHE DIED. HE WAS THEN TAKEN ON BY A MALE RELATIVE WHO MISTREATED HIM AND TOOK HIM TO BE PTS AT 4 YRS OLD ALONG WITH HIS LITTLE FRIEND. BOTH SAVED BY VET TAKEN TO CP AND A WEEK LATEE MISA WAS WITH ME AND HIS FRIEND WITH SOMEONE ELSE, CP SID THEY WERENT BONDED.

UPSTAIRS IN BED MISA COULD GET ON THE BED AND CHECK I WAS OK BUT NOT ON THE SOFA DOWNSTAIRS. MAYBE HE WAS FEELING TOO ILL AND TIRE4D BEFORE LANGFORD AND THE4 OTHET 2 WERE ALSO HERE SO HE FELT EVERYTHING WAS OK.

I HOPE TONIGHT TO GET  FULL NIGHTS SLEEP A HE WILL BE ABLE TO CHECK ME OUT WHEN EVER HE WANTS!!

HEATHER JUST TO DY HE IS EATING HIS FOOD BUT ONLY HALF OR 3/4 POUCH AND AS ONE HAS HIS METACAM ON ITS IMPORTANT THAT HE EATS S MUCH OF THE TOP OF THAT ONE AS POSSIBLE. RIGHT NOW UNTOUCHED COS HE MUST BE AS TIRED AS ME AND IS SLEEPING SOMEWHERE.

IF THINGS STILL BAD TONIGHT MAY HAVE TO RING LANGFORD TOMORROW BUT HOPING I MAY HVE RESOLVE4D.

PIC WILL BE ON LATER  ;D

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
Re: MISA OFF TO LANGFORD - NEWS
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2017, 00:39:47 AM »
Silvie didn't eat a lot when she first came home, preferred the biscuits, she was too busy tearing around the garden and flying in and out of the cat flap. After a few days she was back wolfing down her felix. She has put on so much weight since home I think she needs to go the cat gym! :rofl: But she isn't overweight, just about right now, tho she does have a double chin :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2017, 23:13:42 PM »
ONLY IN THAT HE CAN SHOUT AT ME EVERY 5 MINS FOR ATTENTION! DRIVING ME INSANE AND ONLY GOT 5 HRS SLEEP COS HE WOKE ME UP.

I AM HOPING WHEN HE CAN MOVE AROUND ALL DOWNSTAIRS AS NORMAL ON THUR IT WILL BE BETTER.

HE IS VERY THIN, CAN FEEL EVERY BONE AND HE ISNT EATING AS MUCH AS I HAD HOPED..

I HAVE TAKEN A PIC BUT STILL ON CARD COS HAVENT HAD DINNER YET!

I HOPE HE WILL SETTLE OVER THE WEEKEND AS SASA AND LUPIN NOW COMING HOME ON MON.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2017, 20:08:51 PM »
How's he been today Gill?  Has he got used to being home?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #264 on: February 28, 2017, 02:18:41 AM »
THANK YOU ALL  ;D ;D

YES I THINK HE IS UNSETTLED BECAUSE IT MUST BE STRANGE BEING HOME AND AM SURE THERE WAS A VERY STRICT ROUTINE AT LANGFORD VERY UNLIKE AT HOME.

BY NOW I AM SURE HE WOULD BE ASLEEP BUT HAS WOKEN UP MOVED AND WANTED STROKES.

HIS LITTER HAS STILL GOTTA BE TREATED AS RADIO ACTIVE FOR ANOTHER 2 DAYS WHICH WILL END ON THE DAY TWO COME HOME.

THIS IS BECAUSE HE HAD THE MIDDLE LEVEL OF TREATMENT, THE TOP LEVEL IS FOR CANCER PATIENTS. SO INSTEAD OF 4 WEEKS ITS 5 WEEKS.

SO ITS GOTTA BE DOUBLE BAGGED AND BECAUSE SASA AND LOOPY ARE NOT HERE THAT MAKES IT EASIER AND HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO GO IN THE KITCHEN EITHER.  WHICH IS THE FIRST PLACE HE WANTED TO GO.

HE IS ALSO VERY HUNGRY AND EATING MORE THAN USUAL.

YES I HAVE JUST FOUND ONE LARGISH PATCH THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SHAVED AND FUR JUSR STARTING TO GROW BUT HE IS DEFINATELY MORE BONEY FEELING THAN HE WAS AND TAKES UP LESS SPACE.

I WILL TRY AND GET A PHOTO OF HIM TOMORROW.

OH OH JUST DID THE LITTER TRAY AND NOW HE HAS GONE INTO HALL AGAIN, SUSPECT TO USE THE TRAY GRRRRRRRRRR.

GONNA BRING ANOTHER ONE DOWN TO GET READY SO CAN JUST DO A QUICK SWAP COS IT HAS TO HAVE  PLASTIC BAG IN WITH A PUPPY PAD ON TOP WITH LITTER ON TOP OF THAT SO I CAN JUST PICK UP PLATIS BAG AND LITTER IS BAGGED READY TO GO IN ANOTHER PLASTIB BAG.

THEY HAVE GIVEN ME SOME RUBBER GLOVES TO WEAR, SO TAKES A  WHILE TO SORT.

HAVE TO HOPE HE ISNT SICK COS THAT HAS TO BE DABBED UP AND NOT RUBBED BECAUSE APPARENTLY THAT SENDS THE RADIO ACTIVITY INTO THE AIR.

THINK THATS POSSIBLY WHY SILVIE SET OFF FIRE ALARM LOL.

LUCKILY HE IS ONLY 2 DAYS FROM THE END OF ALL THIS. I SUSPECT THEY ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION SO HE MAYBEIS  OK NOW BUT THEY HAVE SET TIME PERIODS FOR ALL 3 LEVELS OF TREATMENT AS A STANDARD.

HAVE TO SAY I DONT LIKE BEING SHOUTED AT AND WHEN HE WANTS ANYTHING HE SHOUTS AT ME!

HE IS NOW LOAFING AND WATCHING ME, COULD BE SAYING TURN OFF THE LIGHT AND GO TO BED BUT TOO EARLY FOR ME JUST NOW.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #263 on: February 28, 2017, 00:05:59 AM »
Thursday, let the battle/chaos commence! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2017, 23:05:48 PM »
Great news  ;D. He's bound to be a bit unsettled - mine are like that when they come back from the Cattery. He'll soon get used to being home and when Sasa and Loopy arrive home I'm sure things will very soon get back to normal.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2017, 22:27:35 PM »
Glad your both home safe and sound  ;D ;D, Maybe Misa is just wondering where Sasa and Lupin are  :-: :shify:

He might just appear thinner Gill, because he has been shorn  ;) :)

Not long now, and you'll all be reunited again  ;D :Luv: :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2017, 22:07:43 PM »
 YES WILL TRY AND GET OF HIM TOMORROW.  HE HAS COME BACK  A BIT SHORN AND THIN BUT WITH LOVELY SPFT FUR AND THEY HAVE BEEN GROOMING HIM EVERY DAY

HE IS SNOOZING BY RADIATOR SO THINK HW IS FEELING A BIT COLD AS I AM WITH GOOR OPEN. MUST PULL THE CURTAIN ACROSS TO SEE IF ITS WARMER,

I ASKED ABOUT THE PIC FROM LANGFORED TODAY AND FIONA SAID SHE WOULD CHASE IT UP.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2017, 20:55:17 PM »
glad all over now and he is home safely. He will soon readjust to being home and I bet he will soon put on weight now his thyroid is back to normal. Can you post a photo of him? :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2017, 20:42:49 PM »
THANK YOU ALLISON  ;D

YES INDEED FRANCES  ;D ;D

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2017, 20:39:26 PM »
I got home about an hour ago; mission accomplished :)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2017, 19:51:50 PM »
So glad he's home Gill. I'm sure he will soon settle.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2017, 18:16:42 PM »
THANK YOU SUE AND 2 LONG DAYS COS WE LEFT ON SUNDAY AND STAYED AWAY OVERNIGHT TO SPLIT UP DRIVING FOR FRANCES.

YES FOR ME TENSE AND WASNT BEST HAPPY TO FIND STILL 2 DAYS OF RAFIATION WATCH FOR MISA, COS FIRST PLACE HE HEADED WS KITCHEN AND HE IS NOT ALLOWED IN THERE UNTIL THURSDAY,

I AM HOPING MISA MIGHT DOSE OFF AND HAVE A SNOOZE COS HE KEEPS COMING FOR ATTENTION AND JUST EATEN SOME BISCUITS TO FOLLOW HIS MEAT DINNER.......OH HE IS BACK AT THE BISCUIT DISH AGAIN1.

HE SEEMS THINNER TO ME AND HAVE HIS METACAM WHICH HE HAS IN HIS FIRST MEAL OF THE DAY BUT DEFINATELY IS WALKING BETTER.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2017, 18:05:13 PM »
Gill, so happy for you, and can only echo everything Sue says about Frances, you and Misa, just give him a bit of time and make the most of it to rest and eat and I am sure he will come to you very soon. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2017, 17:59:37 PM »
A long day for all concerned by the sounds of it (Frances, treasure, hope your journey home is smooth and that you can have a good rest when you get in  :hug: :hug:)

Misa probably just needs to familiarise himself with home again now Gill, and best thing is to give him the space to do it while you gran yourself something to eat and have a relax yourself.  I can imagine the day has been quite tense even though it's been for all the right reasons.

Sending big snoozles to Misa from me, Moray, Malt and Barley.

Not too much longer and your precious little family will be whole again.   :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2017, 17:34:54 PM »
 WE ARE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRANCES HAS JUST LEFT TO DRIVE HOME AND SEE HER CATS AND WITHOUT HER HELP I DO NOT KNOW WHERE WE WOULD HAVE BEEN AND ALL MY THANKS GO TO HER.

I HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE WHERE MISA IS!!

I CANT SEE HIM IN THE STUDY AND HE IS NOT IN HERE, HE HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THE KITCHEN FOR NEST 2 DQYS ON INSTRUCTION FROM LANGFORD AND HE MUST NOT BE AROUND FOOD PREPARATION AND LIRE HAVING TO BE DOBLED BAGGED USING RUBBER GLOVES GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

BUT BY THE TIME THE OTHER 2 COME HOME HE WILL BE FINE.

HE HAS EATEN A DISH OF FOOD UDES THE TRAY AND RE-EXPLORING THE HOUSE, VERY RESTLESS.

THEY HAVE SHORN HIS FUR A BIT BUT ITS VERY SOFT AND WELL GROOMED. HE IS LOOKING GOOD BUT VERY RESTLESS.

JUST NEEDS TIME TO SETTLE. HE MAYBE UNDER MY BED BUT INEED TO REST NOW.

HAVE HAD A REPLY FROM GARETH WHO IS OVER THE MOON AND SAYS HE WILL NOW BE TELLING OTHER PATIENTS ABOUT LANGFORD.

MISA HAS TO HAVE ANOTHER BLOOED TEST IN 8 WEEK AND MORE UP TO 6 MONTHS BUT GAARETH OR ME CAN CONTACT LANDFORD WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

HE WANTS ATTENTION AND DONT THINK HE KNOW WHT TO DO WITH HIMWSELF AT MOMENT AND WAS NOT HAPPY COS HE COULDNT GO IN KITCHEN.

I AM EXHAUSTED BEEN A LONG DAY FOR ME AND MISA IS SHOUTING FOR ATTENTION OR SOMETHING AGAIN.......DONT KNOW IF HE WANTS MORE FOOD AND BETTER PUT SOME BISCUITS OUT I THINK.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2017, 11:19:57 AM »
Hopefully with him by now Gill :hug: :hug: :hug:, three more days and your family will be complete again. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2017, 05:49:02 AM »
Gill, thinking of you, and won't be long now.   :hug:     

• Hero Cat
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2017, 02:10:37 AM »
Good luck for later today Gill, Misa will sooooo happy to see you  ;D ;D

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2017, 01:55:43 AM »
THANK YOU ALL. SHOULD BE ASLEEP IN TRAVEL LODGE BUT HAVE TV ON A ND ALTHOUGH SHATTERED CANT SEE ME SLEEPING MUCH.  MISA WILL BE HOME LATER. ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2017, 01:37:28 AM »
Good luck tomorrow Gill (or should I say, later on) so sounds like it was all worth it in the long run and as usual, probably stressed owner much more than cat  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2017, 21:27:23 PM »
yes hope all goes well tomorrow and he travels home nice and calm. (ps don't put his litter tray near your smoke alarm for the first 48 hrs) :rofl:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2017, 19:28:21 PM »
Safe journeying tomorrow and a happy homecoming to Misa Man.  No longer radioactive cat!

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2017, 18:40:48 PM »
GILL JUST CAUGHT UP WITH THE NEWS AND AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND MISA, JUST WONDERFUL

:yayyy: :narna dance: :yayyy: :cheer:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2017, 14:59:33 PM »
 YES ROSELLA I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT AND MEDS TWICE A DAY EVERY 12 HOURS IS A PAIN EVEN IF YOUR CAT WILL HAVE THEM.

LANGFORD IS ABOUT £2,300 BUT THEY ARE VERY FLEXIBLE AND DONT KNOW EXACT COST BECAUSE MISA WENT FOR ASSESSMENT AND THEN STAYED FOR NEXT WEEK UNTIL IODINE ARRIVED BECAUSE OF STRESS TO MISA ON LONG JOURNEY BUT WE REALLY COULDNT DO ANY WAY. I AM HOPING THEY WILL INCLUDE THIS IN INS CLAIM  ON HEALTH GROUNDS .

HE COULD HAVE BEEN PICKED UP TODAY BUT WE COULDNT MAKE THAT SO IS STAYING UNTIL MONDAY WHICH WILL INVOLVE BOARDING COSTS  WHICH I AM HAPPY TO PAY..

I AM STILL WAITING FOR PHOTOS OF HIM IN HIS ACCOMODATION WHICH I UNDERSTAND IS VERY GOOD.  HE STARTED OFF IN THIS ACCOMODATION I THINK.THE LONG STAY WARD. FOR TREATMENT HE MOVED TO A SPECIAL ISOLATION UNIT AND AFTER  2 WEEKS CAME BACK TO THE LONG STAY WARD.

HE ALSO COULD HAVE COME HOME 2 WEEKS AGO IF I HAD BEEN ABLE TO ISOLATE HIM AND DEAL WITH RADIO ACTIVE LITTER BUT COULDNT. I DONT THINK I COULD HAVE DONE THAT EVEN IF I HAD NOT BEEN ILL.

FOR THE FIRST WEEK THEY RANG ME EVERY DAY AND ONCE HE HAD TREATMENT TWICE A WEEK AND THE FIRST 2 TIMES JUST GOT A STANDARD MESSAGE COS I COULDNT GET TO THE PHONE IN TIME BUT THEN I RANG LANGFORD AND SAID I NEED TO SPEAK TO A PERSON AND GOT A VET WHO ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS AND IT WAS PUT ON HIS NOTES THAT IF MY PHONE WENT INTO MESSAGE TO RING AGAIN WHICH THEY DID.

I THEN ON WHOLE WASNT GIVEN THE STANDARD WORDS AND CERTAINLY IN LAST 2 WEEKS IT WAS VERY MUCH MISA PURRSONALIZED AND TO HEAR HE WAS SEEKING AFFECTION AND WAS LOVING BEING GROOMED WAS GREAT. THEY ALSO ASKED MY PERMISSION TO CUT OUT HIS MATTS AND TRIM CLAWS AND TO GO ON MEDS FOR HIS ARTHRITUS.

THEY TRIED A STRAIGHT PAINKILLER FIRST BUT THEN MOVED ONTO METACAM BECAUSE THAT IS ALSO AN ANTI-INFLAMATORY SO WORKED BETTER.  AS HIS KIDNEYS ARE NOT 100% BUT ALSO NOT THAT BAD THEY SAID IT WAS BETWEEN DEVIL AND DEEP BLUE SEA, WHICH I KNOW MEANS THAT IT COULD HAVE A LONG TERM EFFECT BUT IF HE CAN MOVE EASIER AND NOT BE IN PAIN THAT HAS TO BE THE WAY FORWARD.

I AM SURE THERE IS A CENTRE IN BIRMINGHAM THAT DOES THIS TREATMENT BUT LANGFORD IS CLOSEST TO ME AND A CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE DUE TO ALSO BEING THE TRAINING  VET HOSPITAL FOR BRISTOL UNIVERSITY.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON I HAVE DEALT WITH HAS BEEN WONDERFUL AND THEY WANT THE PERSON TO BE HAPPY AS WELL AS THE CAT. CATS HAVE THEIR OWN STAFF WHO DO NOT DEAL WITH OTHER ANIMALS SO CATS CANT SMELL DOGS ON THEM FOR EXAMPLE. THE DOG AND CAT WARDS ARE ON DIFFERENT FLOORS TOO I BELIEVE.

AS YOU KNOW RUBY HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY FAV SINCE YOU FIRST GOT HER SOGIVE HER A CUDDLE FROM ME PLEASE  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2017, 13:50:36 PM »
TBH Gill I'm not at all sure whether in the long run it is that much more expensive than opting to medicate HyperT.  OK so the pills themselves aren't that expensive esp if you obtain online but the vet consultation charges and regular blood test charges soon mount up esp over a period of years.  Lets say 8 vet consults and blood tests over initial 2 year period at say £100 a throw (and I bet it would be more) plus meds of say £20 per month would equate to approx £1,300 over first two years and you would be hoping for longer than that.  I don't know how much Langford are charging but would £2,000 be about right?

And just think about all the inconvenience of giving meds once or possibly twice a day .....  Yes I think if a cat is otherwise healthy, the Langford option would be my preferred way forward for any of our current lot.  I'd be particularly sad for Ruby I must admit (those sad eyes are a killer  ;) ) but still, even her.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2017, 11:28:28 AM »
THANK YOU ROSELLA  ;D ;D ;D

YES I HOPE THAT IT WILL HELP TO PROMOTE THIS TREATMENT BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN WONDERFUL AND ALSO THE CARE HE HAS RECEIVED AT LANGFORD HAS BEEN AMAZING, ESPECIALLY AS HE WAS A CAT TERRIFIED OF PEOPLE.

IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE AND A VERY GOOD REASON FOR HAVING GOOD INSURANCE.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2017, 06:05:26 AM »
So pleased Misaman's results are normal Gill.  It is such a fabulous treatment and I'm sure threads like this will encourage people to really consider this treatment as an option in future.  I know I would now be far more likely to consider it. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 06:06:11 AM by Rosella moggy »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2017, 22:44:49 PM »
 THANK YOU, HEATHER, ALLISON AND NICOLA  ;D ;D

IT IS THE MOST WONDERFUL NEWS I COULD HAVE, LANGFORD HAVE DONE MISA AND ME PROUD  ;D ;D

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
MISA OFF TO LANGFORD - NEWS
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2017, 21:41:47 PM »
First time I've been on in weeks, just to see how your boy's doing, and see this wonderful news!!!
I couldn't be happier for you Gill!
Not long now  ^-^

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2017, 21:07:21 PM »
 :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: Amazing news Gill. So happy for you, and Misa :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2017, 20:47:36 PM »
yeeeehaaaaaa! Excellent news! Me and Silvie just did a high five! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: That is the news we have all been waiting for :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2017, 17:33:11 PM »
 IT IS SUSANNE IT IS , THANK YOU  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2017, 17:23:34 PM »
Fabulous news!  Definitely worthy of some dancing bananas

:yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2017, 16:54:19 PM »
 THAT IS JUST HOW I FEEL FRANCES  ;D ;D

YES PAULA WILL SEE YOU ON THURSDAY. THANK YOU  ;D ;D

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2017, 16:52:21 PM »
  :yayyy:  :cheer:  :yayyy:  :cheer:  :yayyy:  :cheer:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2017, 16:51:36 PM »
 ;DWonderful news Gill, we will see you on Thursday :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Link to CatChat