Author Topic: My local council have actually listened to pet owners!!  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: My local council have actually listened to pet owners!!
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 21:21:45 PM »
I DID BUT NOWHERE TO USE IT AT PRESENT...........STILL HAVE BAGS OF SOIL FROM UNDER THE SUMMER HOUSE WHERE I HAD TO DIG A VERY BIG HOLE!

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 20:42:18 PM »
Gill do you compost? because you could put the cardboard in that, saves you having to take it to the tip!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 19:11:08 PM »
NO BINS HERE JUST BLACK AND BLUE BAGS AND I WAIT UNTIL I HAVE A BOOT FULL OF BAGS.........CAT LITTER BAGS WHICH I RE-USE UNTIL THEY ARE PAST IT..FOR GARDEN WASTE,. BLACK BAGS THEY NO LOMGER SUPPLY SO YOU HAVE TO BUY YOUR OWN.

TOOK 5 BAGS OF LITTER TO TIP ON SUNDAY AND THIS WEEK ITS BLUE BAGS AND ALREADY HAVE A BLACK BAG OF STINKING CAT FOOD THAT WILL NOT GO UNTIL A WEEK TOMORROW.

ITS FURTHER TO OUR RECYCLING CENTRE THAN THAT PAULA AND A48 GOES UP AND DOWN AND ROUND AND ROUND.................NOTHING FLAT HERE.

AM COLLECTING CARDBOARD AGAIN AND TROLLEY HAS ARRIVED MUST GO AND UNPACK IT!

CARDBOARD IF SMALL ENOUGH CAN GO IN BLUE BAGS BUT HAVE THE GIANT BOX FROM THE CARRIER AND NOW THIS BIG ONE FROM THE TROLLEY WHICH I WOULD LOVE TO GO TOMORROW BUT NEED TO TRIAL THE TROLLEY FIRST!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 19:09:48 PM »
I wouldn't mind the caterpillars but definately NOT spiders, no no nooooo!! way.... They have  finished emptying our garden waste for winter now, but its at this time of the year that we need it most, we have 2 big tree's that overhang our garden, the bins been emptied 3 times already, it's full now and theres still lots of leaves left on the trees and in the garden.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 18:01:40 PM »
The only way we can access the back is through the garage.  Otherwise we'd have a very interesting (and lengthy) trundle of about 10 minutes to get our bins round the front.   :evillaugh:

I know what you mean about the spidies.  And the caterpillers.  We regularly find them capering about the car interior for a good few weeks after our annual September garden clear up.  :rofl:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 17:57:53 PM »
Our bins live in the back garden and get trundled through the garden gate every week, except the recycling which is every two. I have to say I suspect it cost a lot more in petrol going to the tip which is a six mile+ round trip, not to mention the time and stinking out the car, we used to wait until we had an estate car full and it was :sick:, not to mention the flies and spiders. At the time I was doing all my Old Dears gardens as well so there was a lot of it. Time consuming too by the time I had cut everything up small to fit in the bags.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 06:45:58 AM »
Our garden waste is still collected free, but we don't have a garden waste bin - we're not allowed to keep our bins outside the fronts of the houses, so ours live in the garage.  If we had three bins we'd have to lose the freezer.

The Council wont take our waste anymore unless you're disabled.  They make a charge of £25 so I think we do quite well.  Having said that, if we have any large items to go to the tip, we just get a man with a van, and they're usually around £25 to £30, so not too dissimilar to the Council charges. 

Our council sadly doesn't check cats which are killed on the roads for microchips.   I wish they all did. 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 02:23:14 AM »
THEY STOPPED COLLECTING GARDEN RUBBISH HERE ABOUT 3-4 YRS AGO, IF YOU CANT DRIVE TO THE TIP THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN GET RID OF IT.

THEY ALSO RESTRICTED THE NUMBER OF BLACK BAGS THAT THEY WILL COLLECT TO 4 EVERY 2 WEEKS.

I TRIED TO GET THEM TO TAKE MY OLD FREEZER BUT THE COST WAS RIDUCULOUS AND YOU HAD TO PUT IT OUTSIDE YOUR PROPERTY.....TOLD THEN I WAS DISABLED AND COULDNT MOVE IT AND THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED.

I GOT THE LADY NEXT DOOR BUT ONES HANDMAN TO TAKE IT TO THE TIP FOR A TENNER BUT NOW HAVE THE OLD FRIDGE OUTSIDE COS OF LUPINS NEW TREE. NOT SURE HE COMES ROUND IN THE WINTER SO IT COULD BE OUT THERE UNTIL THE SPRING!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 01:38:13 AM »
Ooh thats a bit steep isn't it! and theres me moaning about £30 a year  :-[

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 01:21:08 AM »
Swings and roundabouts Sonya, we have to pay £65 a year for out green garden waste bins and have done since they were implemented about four years ago (well, back then it was £45)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 00:20:40 AM »
Warrington borough council are money grabbers, no doubt they will be charging for this service  >:(.  When it comes to emptying our green wheely bins (garden refuse) next spring they introducing a £30 PA charge for all who want their bins emptied.  Apparantly emptying our green bins isn't included in our council tax....

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 23:50:27 PM »
About time, Worthing Council Cleansing Dept have been doing this for years.

• Hero Cat
My local council have actually listened to pet owners!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 23:32:46 PM »
It's took a very long time - 20 yrs to be precise, i didn't even know people were campaigning for this, but i am glad they have  ;D

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/14876445.Council_promises_thorough_microchip_checks_for_animals_killed_on_town_s_roads_after_decades_of_campaigning/#gallery0

Link to CatChat