Author Topic: NOVEMBER 2016 PURRS AUCTION  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: NOVEMBER 2016 PURRS AUCTION
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 21:40:27 PM »
NO I AM NOT HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH FB FOR THIS HAD MY FILL OF THEM CHEATING ME

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 21:33:18 PM »
If you send as friends and family there are no paypal charges that's how most charities ask for the money to be sent and most of the auctions that run through Facebook and the like on other sites
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 20:38:12 PM »
NO THE PAYMENTS CANT GO TO HER COS SHE WOULD THEN HAVE TO CHECK SHE HAD THEM ALL AND CHASE ANYONE WHO HADNT PAID.

PAYPAL CHARGE FEES AND A WHOLE LOAD OF THE MONEY IS LOST SO A BANK ACCT IS BETTER.

ITS VERY EASY FOR PEOPLE AT MY BANK TO SET UP A NEW ACCT FOR THIS PURPOSE AND THEN TRANSFER TO SHEIL HOWEVER SHE WANTS, BY BANK TRANSFER ONLINE, IMMEDIATE AND NO FEES, BY CHEQUE AND MAYBE TO THE BRANCH PAYPAL ACCT BUT NOT SURE OF THER LAST ALTHOUGH I RECENTLY BOUGHT SOMETHING VERY CHEAP AND MONEY HAD TO GO TO THE COMPANYS PAYPAL ACCOUNT WHICH IT DID.

YES KAREN THE MOST WORK WOULD BE WHEN YOU ARE AWAY.

I AM JUST NOT HAPPY TO DO THIS IN ANY FORM OR NAME WITHOUT TAN SAYING YES BUT I DONT HAVE THE TIME CURRENTLY TO CHASE HER FOR A REPLY SO SOMEONE ELSE WOULD HAVE TO DO THIS AND IF SHE IS HAPPY WE CAN GET READY TO START ASSUMONG WE HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO HELP ESPECIALLY AT THE END.

THERE ARE SOME WHIZZY FINGERS ON PURRS WHO ARE GOOD AT SPREADSHEETS AND THINK I STILL HAVE THE TEMPLATE BUT CAN ALSO SET ONE UP NOW THAT WILL ADD ETC! JUST MY TYPING IS VERY SLOW AND EYS CANT COPE FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IF WE WANT TO GO DOWN THIS ROUTE, SOMEONE GET TANS APPROVAL TO START US ROLLING!

THINK IT WOULD HAVE TO RUN IN THE MEMBER ONLY AREA COS THAT WAY WE HAVE A BIT OF CONTROL, WE CANT PUT THE CHRISSY HAT ON OR ANYTHING BUT....................

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 17:53:39 PM »
A Paypal address would be the way to go then folks can transfer money easily from their own paypal and then it can be sent by paypal to the ones we choose it to go to and most CP branches have a paypal addresss :)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 17:29:29 PM »
To get around the rules of the auction we could call it something other than auction.........something like a donation with the highest one winning.  Sure, it's an auction but by another name!

I would be happy to help out but I'm away for 2 weeks early December which is when I imagine most of the work would get done so don't think I would be much good!  It may be hard work for Sheila, but could all payments go direct to her, again assuming that's what we want?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 17:13:24 PM »
SURE ITS MY LAPPY AND NOT PURRS BUT JUST LOST ANOTHER POST COS OF PURRS NOT BRESPONDING PART WAY GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

KAREN I WOULD LOVE TO SAY YES BUT I AM NOT IN CHARGE ONLY A MOD.

HOWEVER THERE ARE 2 PROBLEMS WITH THIS.....WHO WOULD THE MONEY GO TO AND WHO WOULD RUN IT.

THE ONLY RESCUE THAT IS POSTING ON PURRS IS SHEILAS AND UNDER THE AUCTION RULES CP BRANCHES CANT HAVE THE MONEY!

I AM SURE PURRS MEMBERS WOULD KICK IN TO HELP RUN IT BUT TAN ALSO HAS THE ONLY METHOD FOR PAYMENT...SO THATS THE 3RD PROBLEM.

I SO WISH WE COULD DO IT AND AS MARY SAID ITS A TIME OF THE YEAR WE ALL LOOK FORWARD TO AND SURE EVEN WITH NAME A CAT AND FEED A CAT WE COULD RAISE A COUPLE OF £100 AND SURE SHEILA AND HER GROUP WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR THAT.

THE ONLY WAY ROUND THE PAYMENT ISSUE IS FOR CHEQUES TO BE USED TO GO INTO SOMEONES ORDINARY BANK ACCOUNT AND THEN AN INSTANT ONLINE PAYMENT TO BE SENT TO SHEILAS GROUP, ASSUMING THATS WHERE THE MONEY IS GOING.

IT WOULD TAKE A BIT LONGER FOR THE MONEY TO GO THRO BUT AT MY BANK I CAN SET UP AN ACCOUNT FOR PURRS PAYMENTS AND COULD COPY AND PHOTOGRAPH THE INCOMINGS AND THE TOTAL PAYMENT OUT AND THEN THE ACCOUNTB WOULD BE CLOSED.......IT COULD BE BANK TRANSFERS COULD BE MADE INTO IT........WE COULD TEST AND SEE!

SAY SOMEONE SEND £1 AND SEE IF IT ARRIVES COS OBVIOUSLY I DONT WANT TO USE MY NORMAL ACCTS.

WE COULD SET UP AN ORDINARY THREAD TO RUN THE AUCTION IN BUT OTHERS WOULD HAVE TO KEEP A SPREAD SHEET UPTODATE SO THAT THE STANDARD END TO AN AUCTION COULD HAPPEN.

OTHERS WIULD HAVE TO DO ALL THE POSTING AT THE END TO TELL PEEPS WHAT TO DO BUT I OR SOMEONE ELSE COULD DO AN OPENING SPIEL TO SAY WHATS GOING ON.

DUE TO MY EYES THINGS ARE HARD FOR ME AND WITH MISA THIS IS ALSO HARD.

I AM JUST NOT SURE THAT WE SHOULD BE DOING THIS BUT IF THERE ARE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO HELP AND SOMEONE IS WILLING TO TRY AND CONTACT TAN.....COS I HAVE FAILED...........AND GET AGREEMENT FOR US TO DO THIS ON A ONE OFF BASIS FOR SHEILAS RESCUE. THEN MAYBE ITS A RUNNER.

THINKING ON MY FEET HERE...............NOT SURE I HAVE ENUFF BALANCE  :scared: :scared:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 16:15:19 PM »
Can we do a mini auction at the usual time without anything from sponsors?  May not get much money in but I know I have a few bits and pieces that I was saving up

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 14:04:42 PM »
NO MARY IT IS FAR TOO LATE.

WE TRIED THIS LAST YEAR AND A BIT EARLIER.

COMPANIES HAVE BUDGETS FOR SPONSORSHIP AND THATS WHY IT NEEDS TO BE DONE AROUND MARCH AND NO LATER COS THE MONEY IS ALL USED UP.

I STILL HAVENT HAD A REPLY FROM TAN FOR THE ONE ITEM THAT IS ON OFFER.............THINK I WILL CHECK WITH THE DONATOR AND THEN IF STILL ON OFFER GOING TO PUT IT UP ANYWAY!  SEEMS SAD TO LOSE EVEN A LITTLE BIT OF MOMEY THAT MAY COME IN.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 11:10:04 AM »
I will miss the fun that we all had each year and let's face it with one thing and another going on with cats and families WE need a laugh :hug: :hug:

RE: Postage, we did well even when we decided it would only be the person putting the item in The Auction would pay P&P I must admit that over he years, especially when the postage went sky high, I would only put items in that were light weight so they wouldn't cost as much to send.

A few years ago when I was contacting companies I didn't always choose the right ones to ask.  Maybe if Tan was to give us a list of companies/websites/people who maybe donated in the past and some of us could contact them and see if they could do it again.  I know last year the contact at Simon's Cat left the company and no contact was made with any other employee so maybe they could be contacted again.  How about contacting Bob's Manager, as in, A Street Cat Named Bob, maybe we could get signed DVDs of the film that is out on 4th November :Luv2:

January too early? How about an Easter Auction? Time for us to contact sponsors and for us to save our pennies.
Even if we do not have a charity in Purrs perhaps we could put it in The Buster Account?  We make a bit of money and we have some fun :hug: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 21:50:48 PM »
If Sheila's branch have that option then you can contact her directly not all of them do have them but over the years we have been heavily involved with 3 branches and they all have the option and its nice to see how the pen is doing and all the cats that are safe and how they blossom some only stay a short while we had a pen with 2 cats for 9 months and we could see them blossom over the newsletter period

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 20:16:36 PM »
Liz - how do you sponsor pens for a specific CP branch?  I sponsor a pen for CP but I don't know where the money goes. Come to think of it, I'd imagine it goes to a local branch. Would rather it go to Sheila's branch though (especially as local CP didn't want to know me many moons ago when I enquired about kittens as indoor cats)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 19:21:00 PM »
RIGHT NOW THE ONLY RESCUE I WOULD ENDORSE IS SHEILAS.

LIKE YOU ALL SAY ITS FAR TOO LATE FOR NOVEMBER AND WORK USED TO START IN MARCH WHEN SAM WAS DOING THE SPONSORS.

I SENT TAN A PM AT BEGINNING OF THE WEEK COS I HAVE AN ITEM THAT WAS OFFERED IN THE SUMMER AND WAS BEING KEPT FOR THE AUCTION.

NO REPLY FROM TAN COS WANTED TO PUT IT UP AS A ONE OFF AUCTION ITEM FOR SHEILAS RESCUE.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME SINCE PURRS STARTED AND THE YEAR BEFORE THAT ON CC THAT WE HAVE NOT HAD AN AUCTION AND VERY SAD BUT TBH A RESCUE THAT CANT POST ONCE A MONTH ON PURRS DO NOT DESERVE TO GET ANY MONEY IN MY OPINION.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 18:29:26 PM »
I can probably get some stuff if we go for a new year one from RC like lovely fluffy sweatshirt type material and see what else I can get off my rescue rep if folks are interested but not doing the posts as they are way to expensive to post but the beds are lighter and can be squished in to padded envelopes easily

Sadly a lot of places use facebook as it has a wider audience

One thing we could do for Sheila is sponsor pens - we sponsor 3 pens a year for the 3 branches of CP we have been involved with over the years at £40.00 a go and we get a news letter once a quarter telling us who has occupied the pen with photo's

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 16:31:01 PM »
Like Dawn, I undertook to try and get items from sponsors last year. As she says, in some cases we didn't even get an acknowledgement. To really do the auction justice, sponsors need to be contacted far in advance, so it will be too late to do anything now.

I don't know whether a post Christmas one is a good idea. On the negative side, people won't be on the lookout for Christmas presents. On the positive side, we can all try and get rid of unwanted gifts  :shify:

We are hoping to move home in the new year, so I doubt I would be able to be involved in any way other than an occasional look.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 16:26:41 PM »
 shame we have so few rescues on purrs these days, the whole forum has changed  :'(   the auction was always great fun but when I was trying to get sponsorship items last year found it very hard to even get a response so can't imagine how much work it must have taken in the past

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 17:49:12 PM »
NO IDEA MARY AND ONLY SHEILAS RESCUE IS POSTING................AND THEY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE BEING CP.

I DONT SEE WHY ANY RESCUE WHO CANT BE BOTHERED TO POST EVER SHOULD GET MONEY FROM US!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 17:46:40 PM »
>:( :( >:( :( :censored:

Maybe we could have a January Sale Auction?

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 17:41:29 PM »
NOTHING AS FAR AS I KNOW MARY AND TOO LATE TO START NOW  :(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
NOVEMBER 2016 PURRS AUCTION
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 17:39:28 PM »
No mention of it yet, what's going going on???????????

Mary

Link to CatChat