Author Topic: Still loving it.....well!! not all the time now...  (Read 5693 times)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Still loving it.....well!! not all the time now...
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 17:53:02 PM »
Snow here too. Mostly sleet but a bit of snow this morning.

Kito loves those fish fillets too.

Talking of young Kito, he's loving his raw and really getting into chicken wings. He munches up the bones now except for the biggest piece in the middle.  I've started to introduce some felini to plain mince and he's happy eating that. Mosi has been happily eating turkey mince for the past week or so although he was sick in the night. Furballs I think rather than the mince. He's eaten it today without problem.

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 16:03:09 PM »
Warrington, Cheshire.  I'm pretty sure we wasn't supposed to get it either going by the local bbc weather forecast lastnight  :-:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 14:49:49 PM »
SNOW!

WHERE ARE YOU?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 14:32:53 PM »
Snow?!  :Crazy:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »
He's tucking into a bowl of Sainsburys white fish fillets.... well.... not on their own of course, he wouldn't touch them until I put some Fynefare cat tuna in with it  :evillaugh:. But at least he is eating now.  He can't decide wether to go out or not because we woke up to snow this morning..........Just checked his food bowl, not much been eaten... but I suppose a little bit of something is better than a lot of nothing  ;). Just glad he is eating  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 03:11:25 AM »
WHEN LUPIN FIRST CAME HERE HE HAD TERRIBLE STOMACH AFTER BEING NEUTERED, THOSE FISH FILLETS JUST USED TO DO HIM IN AND HAD TO CHUCK THEM.

CHICKEN WAS OK BUT HE GOT FED UP OF IT. ALL COOKED I HASTEN TO ADD.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 23:21:44 PM »
Thinking Butter's getting a bit bored with his diet of wet pouch food and minced scrag ends from the butchers, ive tried him on chicken breast and that's a bit hit and miss so ive been looking around and i am thinking of trying him with fish instead!. ive seen some a Sainsbury's white fish fillets 520g for £1.90 - quite cheap that isn't it  ;D funnily enough when you look at the reviews for it, they nearly all refer to their cat liking it..... maybe they should move it to the cat food section instead  :rofl:

I've been getting the Sainsbury's basic white fish fillets for mine for years. It's so reasonably priced and they love it.  ;D
Butters not loving it today, he's not loving any food today  :(, infact he was sick about a hour ago so hopefully he is feeling a little better soon.  He has gone out now so maybe he is feeling a bit better, i think i will just give him fish tomorrow so it's not too rich on his stomach

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 21:32:37 PM »
Thinking Butter's getting a bit bored with his diet of wet pouch food and minced scrag ends from the butchers, ive tried him on chicken breast and that's a bit hit and miss so ive been looking around and i am thinking of trying him with fish instead!. ive seen some a Sainsbury's white fish fillets 520g for £1.90 - quite cheap that isn't it  ;D funnily enough when you look at the reviews for it, they nearly all refer to their cat liking it..... maybe they should move it to the cat food section instead  :rofl:

I've been getting the Sainsbury's basic white fish fillets for mine for years. It's so reasonably priced and they love it.  ;D
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 11:07:50 AM »
Have you tried some of the raw, complete mixes or just different supermarket minces?  I've actually got Mosi eating turkey mince now and am about to order some Fellini complete from zooplus to make it a complete food. Fingers crossed he will eat it with that added so that I can try some different minces with it added as Mosi is on an elimination diet and raw minces would be really good way of trying different proteins.

Kito loves turkey, pork and lamb mince but won't touch beef. Unless I sprinkle some crushed thrive treats on top in which case he devours the whole lot in about 10 seconds!  I hope he will eat the Fellini too as he will now eat chunks of meat so I'd like to try chunks with Fellini added. I'm also about to re-introduce the complete mixes I bought ages ago.  I also want to try him with whole prey like quail since chicken wings are going down well.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 01:22:46 AM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Still loving it
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 17:51:02 PM »
Kito's just eaten a chicken wing  :wow:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 13:32:20 PM »
I will have start buying supernarket mince soon because the butcher at the market is thinking of retiing when our new market is built.  To cut a long story short, the council are planning on doubling their rents, their not even thinking abou the stall holders who have been there for a long time, this particular butcher has been there for over 60 years, theres only a few stalls left that have dedicated regulars. Butters the same, he wont eat chunks either, he just plays with them, I mash them up to make sure he eats them  :evillaugh: ive never give him bones I worry about him getting them stuck.... you hear too many horror stories don't you  :scared:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 11:18:42 AM »
I'm glad it's going well.

After Kito's vomitimg episodes I gave him a break from raw for a few weeks and since then I've been giving him raw turkey and pork mince a few times a week. He's devoured both enthusiastically and no vomitimg. Not balanced of course but it's only temporary. I'm going to get some Fellini to add to that as that would make them complete but I feel nearly ready to try him again on the ready made complete stuff. I have a freezer so full of the stuff I have hardly any room for my food so need to get him eating it!  I will start by mixing some Nutriment mince with the plain mince.

I tried him with a chicken wing a couple of days ago and it was positive. I cut a fair sized piece of meat off to begin with and gave it to him. It took a while but he ate it which surprised me as he usually refuses to eat chunks. I then gave him a larger piece and he chewed/ tore that up in no time at all so I'm hopeful I will be able to get him onto chunks instead of mince.  He didn't eat the rest of the wing but did toy with it a bit so I'm pleased with his reaction. He may never crunch bones, although he may warm to that idea, but I think he will eat pieces of meat.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 14:35:32 PM »
I'm glad it is going well  ;D

I have now switched 3 cats over to a raw diet and they have all looked very good on it!
Yeah ive noticed that, Butters coat looks a lot healthier  ;D although he isnt on an all raw diet though, he's on 50/50

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 13:32:29 PM »
I'm glad it is going well  ;D

I have now switched 3 cats over to a raw diet and they have all looked very good on it!

• Hero Cat
Still loving it.....well!! not all the time now...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 11:25:50 AM »
Well his lordship is still going well with the raw mince in with his meals, he tucks into every meal and eats all of it everytime  ;D. But yesterday he ate next to nothing.... must of been a dodgy kerat (kebab)  :rofl: the night before, he's right as rain now though - thankfully :) back to normal being his same usual cheeky/naughty self :naughty: Oh and he has put more weight on now, he looks properly fed  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:09:42 AM by Sonya(Buttersmum) »

Link to CatChat