Author Topic: Cat Trees  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cat Trees
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 16:14:50 PM »
HAVE FINALLY ORDERED A NEW TREE FOR LUPIN, NOT MY COLOUR OF CHOICE BUT THE CREAM ONE WILL NOT BE IN UNTIL APPROX MID NOV.

I WILL BE ABLE TO FINALLY GET RID OF OLD FRIDGE BUT WILL HAVE TO START LAYING THE CARPET TILES IN KITCHEN!

IF HE ISNT COMFORTABLE IN THE TOP BED I CAN NTAKE IT OFF AND TURN IT INTO A FLAY LYING AREA BUT EVEN WITH HIS GREAT LENGTH I THINK HE WILL FIT ON THE HAMMOCK AND THE TOP BED.

NOW NEED TO CREATE THE PLACE FOR THE LITTER TRAY TO STOP HIM GOING OVER ONTO OTHER STUFF.  NEED SOME HARDBOARD AND SOME PLASTIC STICK STUFF TO STICK ON IT THAT CAN BE WASHED. WHEN THE HELL AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET TO B&Q!

BEING DELIVERED BY YODAL COS THATS HOW MY LAST ONE CAME BUT COULDNT SEE HOW TO CHANGE TO DPD GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

MAYBE WILL STICK A NOTE ON DOOR FOR YODAL....CURRENTLY ITS ONE FOR HOSPITAL DRIVER!

ITS THE PARADISE 2 FROM ZOO PLUS.....CHOCO GRRRRRRRRRR..THE CREAM WOULD NOTHAVE SHOWED HIS FUR UP SO MUCH! BUT ITS CHEAPER

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 23:53:40 PM »
Yeah and when they sell your donated one they get more money..... ;D ;D happy days  ;)

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
  • RIP my gorgeous Schmoo xx
  • Slave to: Buddy
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 22:50:58 PM »
Oooh, well that's even better - I can donate the one we have, that he doesn't like, at the same time :)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 21:02:39 PM »
Ooh I didn't know they sold them, we do have a local one so I will get in touch and ask what they have - thanks for the tip! :)
They are not new, i think it's stuff what people donate but it's still worth looking though isn't it  ;) you get a bargain and they get a donation  ;D ;D

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 19:47:30 PM »
Ooh I didn't know they sold them, we do have a local one so I will get in touch and ask what they have - thanks for the tip! :)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 17:41:09 PM »
 :thanks: Lyn.  Oh I forgot to mention, at least you know the money would be used for the cats as well ;D ;D

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 16:40:21 PM »
Do you have a Cats Protection League near you? thats where we got ours from when we got Butter, only cost a tenner  ;D

Great idea Sonya!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 19:13:53 PM »
Do you have a Cats Protection League near you? thats where we got ours from when we got Butter, only cost a tenner  ;D

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 16:56:35 PM »
these are really solid and built to last and you can chose your colour

http://www.kalven.co.uk/

They would have to be built to last at those prices!

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 07:58:16 AM »
Ooh those are nice Kay, love the outdoor ones, not seen that before!

So sorry for hear about your cats leg, poor little guy! I hope he, and you, are ok  :hug:

Sue, lol same here I would suspect if I had a go! I do wish I could though, then I could make it exactly what we want and hopefully save a few ££ at the same time!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 06:44:13 AM »
I'd love to be capable and good with wood like that.  If I made anything of that nature it would no doubt be condemned immediately.  :evillaugh:

We bought two brilliant ones from Zooplus which were all the rage with Moray and the Gurlies and the visitor cats for all of - oh - three months.  Now they scarcely get a look in, as similarly there's too much going on "out there" to make them want to stay in and snuggle or play.   :-:  Always worth having though. 

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 22:59:23 PM »
I've actually got my eye on a couple from there at the moment, just need DHs approval - he's rather picky when it comes to the 'aesthetic' side of the tree...!  :tired:

I wish I was a bit 'handier' I'm sure building your own tree can't be that difficult. She says LOL!

I've built my own, a tall one. I am in the middle of doing another one but its on hold at the moment. One of my boys has just had his leg amputated. So I need to redesign it make it more suitable for a three legged cat.

I've made min out of scrap timber, carpet squares from the carpet shop

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 22:41:47 PM »
these are really solid and built to last and you can chose your colour

http://www.kalven.co.uk/
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 22:33:50 PM »
I've actually got my eye on a couple from there at the moment, just need DHs approval - he's rather picky when it comes to the 'aesthetic' side of the tree...!  :tired:

I wish I was a bit 'handier' I'm sure building your own tree can't be that difficult. She says LOL!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 22:41:46 PM by HelenD »

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 22:12:25 PM »

Try Zooplus, they have some really nice ones, good value. £60 ish for tall ones

http://m.zooplus.co.uk/esearch.htm#q=cat%20trees

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
Cat Trees
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 21:39:07 PM »
Good grief, there's a mind boggling choice of cat trees around!!  :Crazy:

We are trying to find ways to keep our bundle of trouble more occupied indoors at the moment - his outdoor antics are creating a small amount of issue (turns out he's a hunter....!) and with the winter weather coming, I can imagine he's going to be inside more than out anyway.

No idea which are good though, and which he will actually use more to the point! We got him one of the big drum 3 level things when we first got him, but he's shown no interest in that whatsoever, so it's back to the drawing board.

He has a really nice single scratch post at the moment which he uses loads (a Pets Corner one I think) so I'm thinking on a more pole based tree, but we don't want it too huge (not massive living room) but it needs to be nice and weighty - he's quite big (4.7kg and 2.5ft long!) but some I've seen look like they'd blow over if you sneezed!

Any recommendations would be amazing! :)

Link to CatChat