Author Topic: Ear drops advice please  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Ear drops advice please
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 18:57:39 PM »
I use the Advocate as well, it is a Prescription On Medication, (POM), relatively expensive, BUT, it does heartworm, earmites, parasitic mange, fleas, ticks and other worms as well and then a three monthly dose of Milbumax takes care of any other nasties. In my opinion well worth the expense.

PS. It is also a lot easier to put a pipette of stuff on the back of the neck than it is to hold/wrap a cat still to administer the ear drops and then hold the cat on spread newspaper while your cat shakes and scratches his ears while you are trying to rub it down the ear canal and loads of brown earwax flies out in all directions. :sick:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 19:01:52 PM by Judecat (Paula), Reason: Additional info »
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 13:34:43 PM »
Advocate spot-on treats ear mites among other nasties
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 06:44:36 AM »
I'm with Liz on this one - it's a typical time of year for ear mites, and they're best promptly treated.  Poor Butter.  Sending  gentle chin tickle for him.   :catlove2:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 23:36:30 PM »
Personally no it may be ear mites so really should go to the vet to have them checked out
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
Ear drops advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 22:44:59 PM »
Can anyone  tell me if any of these ear drops are good to use please, Butter seems to be scratching and shaking his just lately.  I can't see anything in his ear so it must be a build of ear wax. Thanks

Link to CatChat