Author Topic: Newbie to site  (Read 5448 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Newbie to site
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 08:00:14 AM »
Many years ago when we had Paddy and then acquired Flynn, they had a love-hate relationship.  Flynn loved Paddy to distraction, but Paddy never wanted Flynn.  Except.  Except, occasionally, he would allow Flynn to sleep next to him, and would also groom him - a rough and punishing experience which Flynn adored.  :Luv:  It would always result in Paddy pushing Flynn away with a look of great disgust, but they would often potter around together outside, keeping an eye on our old dog, who was losing her sight and her hearing.  They would work together to act as her "eyes and ears".  A sweet thing to see.  Sounds like Cleo might have been unimpressed by Bedford's arrival, but that on the whole she tolerates him well enough.

Great link to provide, Rosella. 

And Zylkene is magic.   :)  Have you tried Pet remedy plug ins?  They might also help to stop Cleo hissing.   

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 06:46:58 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs to all three of you  :)

Can you tell im a first timer at having 2 cats. Only ever had 1 at a time.

We share our home with 7 of the blighters  :Luv2: but ours have out door access. Nevertheless we have 1 jumbo and 4 large litter trays.  You might find this lengthy article of interest as covers loads of suggestions for indoor felines including litter trays.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,14312.0.html

Whilst stating the blindingly obvious, your cats are stunning  :blow kiss:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 22:32:35 PM »
Hi Paula. Will get another box too. Mine don't go out. They have never been out and I'm petrified in case anything happens to them. They have full run of bungalow. That includes the bathroom.
Xx

I haven't gone to the loo, had a bath or a shower by myself for years, and I rather like it ;D
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 20:40:23 PM »
I can understand you not wanting the puds to go out, they are so precious to us  :hug:

The 'expert' advice is to have one litter try per cat plus one extra. Mind you, my new little girl has 2 all for herself!

Offline Paula09

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Cleopatra & Bedford
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 20:35:14 PM »
Hi Paula. Will get another box too. Mine don't go out. They have never been out and I'm petrified in case anything happens to them. They have full run of bungalow. That includes the bathroom.
Xx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 20:31:11 PM »
Hi Paula,

Another litter tray might help, a lot of cats don't like to share a box. I have two, but unless the weather is bad Merlin is the only one that uses them. He doesn't like to go out too much although he is going outside more now. Lost track of when I got him, but I think about three months. Early days yet. ;)

xxx

P.S. It may be worth moving this conversation to Cat Health and Behaviour thread :hug:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 20:33:11 PM by Judecat (Paula) »

Offline Paula09

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 20:05:25 PM »
Well I will give  Zylkene ago. At the end of the day the cost is not a problem if it works. And they are worth every penny spent on them. I also thought of getting another litter box to try and see if that helps. As posh pants tends to wee right in front of the opening. Can you tell im a first timer at having 2 cats. Only ever had 1 at a time. I also thought do I get another kitty but I think that might tip Cleo over the edge.
Thanks xx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 19:55:27 PM »
I think that is the problem with Emo, they are of about sizes, although he is a big muscled cat and she is a pudding, he knows the others are not a threat as they are so much smaller. He was only neutered about a week before he came to me, so he looks like the big tom cat he was. She spends most of her time on our bed now and I feed her on the stairs or in the hall so she is well away from him, she also gets dosed with the Zylkene to try and stop her from being so scared of him.

xxx

Offline Paula09

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 19:15:32 PM »
Hiya sweet.  Will give it a go. Tried others like feliway. I sometimes wonder if it because he is getting bigger than her. Anyway thanks for that will get some and gove it a go ☺ xx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 19:06:47 PM »
Hi Paula,

I have a bit of a problem from time to time with Merlin, my latest rescue, especially with my older cat Emo, She is 6, he is 4, and then the others are 14 - 20 months. When he gets bad I put something called Zylkene in his food for a few days and it calms him right down. I buy it from Amazon, it is a milk protein derivative. the 75mg one, it isn't cheap ( about 50p per day) but the return to harmony is worth it. Sue P recommended it to me and I heartily endorse it.

Hope that helps. xxx

Offline Paula09

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 18:47:25 PM »
Hi and thank you all. My 2 fur babies are house cats due to when I got them I was in a pub next to a busy road. I didnt want them to come to any harm. I got Cleo 1st from a dear friend of mine. Her lilac point had babies and when I went to pick Cle up she was hissing and spitting at me. We have such a bond. She either sleeps on me or in my bed with me. She my shadow. When I was at pub she would cry and cry so I decided to get her a little friend. I saw an advert for a 8 week old male kitten. I went to see him and it broke my heart. The chap went and got this tiny bundle of fur. I knew he was ill straight away. I asked which kitten food he likes to which the reply was scrambled egg and tuna. No kitten food. I put him in the cage and took him. He was full of worms and fleas. We didnt know if he would make it. He was rushed to vets where Steve gave him all different injctions and treatment. It turns out he was only 5 weeks. Thank god he still here. And a handsome boy he as turned out.They are very much pampered kittys. I do have a problem though with posh pants ( Cleo ) she's turning into a nightmare. Her hissing 1 minute then washing the next. Poor boy doesnt know where he stands with her. They have a disc each of water, dry food and wet food. Bedford is a gent he wont touch wet food until Cle has started to eat. They have 1 bug covered litter box. I just dont know why she hates him 1 minute then treats him like her baby and washes him. Anyone have the same problem. I sometimes wonder if she is just very jealous of me playing or grooming him.
Thank for any advice.xx

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 18:16:15 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: I look forward to hearing all about your furbabies.

Offline Paula09

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 11:46:43 AM »
Thanks for such a lovely welcome

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:43:48 AM »
Hi Paula, and Cleo and Bradford as well of course,

This is a lovely, friendly and of course utterly cat bonkers site, welcome to the madhouse ;D

Paula (another one ;)), Emo, Bob, Pippa, Pirate and Merlin.

xxx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:04:27 AM »
Hello Paula!   :welcome:  A big warm Purrs Hello to you, Cleo and Bedford.  Your cats are gorgeous - beautifully marked.   ;D  Have fun checking out the forum and finding your way around.  Everyone's a friendly bunch, and we love hearing all about members' cats.   :)

Offline Paula09

• Kitten
Newbie to site
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:36:07 AM »
Hi everyone. Thank you for allowing me to join group.
I have 2 fur babies Cleo who as just turned 5 & Bedford who as just turned 4. Cleo is siamese/tabby. Bedford is a bit of alsorts.

Link to CatChat