Author Topic: Cats stealing each others beds.  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: Cats stealing each others beds.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 13:48:17 PM »
I'm exactly the same. OH moans that I have too much of the duvet and I tell him there are 3 on my side so it's only fair. Don't know how you manage to fit 4 on Paula. Two is bad enough especially in this warm weather. 

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 07:42:09 AM »
OH complains that I kick him out of bed and he has one foot on the floor, what he doesn't seem to appreciate is that I have four cats on my side of the bed in sprawled indifference to the plight of their humans and I am jammed against him so that I don't disturb the cats ;) :rofl:

We all do it, don't we?  "Must not disturb the cat/s...."   :evillaugh:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 21:34:32 PM »
OH complains that I kick him out of bed and he has one foot on the floor, what he doesn't seem to appreciate is that I have four cats on my side of the bed in sprawled indifference to the plight of their humans and I am jammed against him so that I don't disturb the cats ;) :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 21:16:58 PM »
Alf is often lying on my legs, or feet, when I wake in the morning  :shocked:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 21:05:40 PM »
Or just lie on your feet and give you nightmares about being trapped :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 20:25:10 PM »
The problem is Mary they will just steal your bed as soon as you get up and settle themselves down so you can't get back in!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 17:38:46 PM »
You can have Merlin (not), even if he is an expensive hobby :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 16:27:14 PM »
Buffy or xander can come share my bed and help me get better wuickr so i can go home  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:47:14 PM »
Just cats being cats, My mob, in  the winter they vie for the warmest places above the hot water pipes even though the house is 22 degrees plus, so just in the entrance to the bedroom, which has the additional advantage of tripping up unwary humans :rofl:, as does the top of the stairs and in the bathroom. The beds very rarely get used, except ours of course :naughty:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
Cats stealing each others beds.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »
Just wondered if anyone else had noticed their cats stealing each others beds. My two are brother and sister and seem to get on amazingly well. They play together and lick each other but as soon as one finds a new place to sleep the other wants to sleep there. For instance yesterday Xander had found himself a nice spot, on a shelf, under a side table that I had piled some of their blankets on. Last night before I went to bed Buffy had managed to steal his spot. He didn't look too happy and can't say I blame him. It works the other way around as well he steals any nice new spot she discovers.

Do you think this is a dominance thing or just they see a comfy bed and want it? 

Link to CatChat