Author Topic: The RSPCA is humiliated by a judge in battle for pensioner's cats after pets were rehomed ...  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Am not a supporter of the RSPCA, frankly, but this is such a difficult call to make.  If the RSPCA had refused to take these cats, and their owner hadn't made a recovery, they'd have been criticized for that.  Damned if they do..... damned if they don't.....

The sister has to bear some of the responsibility in this situation, though doubtless she felt she was acting for the best.    Very sad about the cat which was PTS   :(

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
The DM isn't the best for reporting I have to agree.  I suspect there is a lot going on that hasn't been reported - either that or RSPCA were truly lax in accepting cats from someone who wasn't their owner.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
I don't trust the daily mail as far as the rspca is concerned. Surely if her sister took her cats to the RSPCA and said her sister wouldn't be able to look after them again. She gave them permission to find them new homes. She didn't ask them to look after the cats till she came out of hospital. The RSPCA found them new homes what's the problem? It's the sister she should be being taking to court!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Sometimes the RSPCA seems to think that they know best and are answerable to no-one. Why did they think it acceptable to put one cat down? I do hope that she gets her remaining two cats back, even though I feel rather sorry for the new 'owners' as these cats will be fully integrated by now.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon

I registered the Hoolies with the RSPCA on their homes for life in case anything happened to me. I have since removed them after reading several stories about animals being pts for no reason.

I wouldn't trust the RSPCA with any animal

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
The RSPCA is humiliated by a judge in battle for pensioner's cats after pets were rehomed without permission

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3682728/The-RSPCA-humiliated-judge-battle-pensioner-s-cats-pets-rehomed-without-permission.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat